RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen some clubs putting in premium scratch fee or no refund for bitches in season. Doesn’t this directly go against AKC rule book stating full refund for bitches in season up to completion of the stake?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
What clubs and events?

Chapter 14 Section 2 of the rule book;

Bitches in Season: shall not be eligible for competition in any stake, shall not be allowed on the field trial grounds, and must be withdrawn from any stake in which they are competing as soon as it is known that they have come in season. The entry fees of bitches withdrawn at any time because of coming in season shall be refunded.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had friend notice after first series his dog was in heat. Immediately told marshal and left. Contacted club they told him the it was a $90 lessen for him to learn. Noticed another club is keeping $5.50 even with prior scratch, not that $5.50 will break the bank just my 2 cents it goes against rule book.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
What events, what clubs?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
If you've already failed the test and suddenly discover your bitch is in season you are not entitled to a refund.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had friend notice after first series his dog was in heat. Immediately told marshal and left. Contacted club they told him the it was a $90 lessen for him to learn. Noticed another club is keeping $5.50 even with prior scratch, not that $5.50 will break the bank just my 2 cents it goes against rule book.
In regards to the 5.50, I am not saying it is correct, or by the rules, but our club ran into an issue last year where we had to cancel our hunt test after opening the premium. The state revoked our permit due to State Covid EO, and due to refunds, the company hosting the premium charged us about $10/dog we had signed up in processing fees. Thank goodness we had a decent amount saved in our club account, as that was a $1000 hit that we didn't anticipate, and couldn't make up last year due to not being able to host a test.

Again, I am not saying it is right, or that it is by the rules, but other clubs may have faced this same issue and may be putting that in so that they don't get burned if the same was to happen this year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In regards to the 5.50, I am not saying it is correct, or by the rules, but our club ran into an issue last year where we had to cancel our hunt test after opening the premium. The state revoked our permit due to State Covid EO, and due to refunds, the company hosting the premium charged us about $10/dog we had signed up in processing fees. Thank goodness we had a decent amount saved in our club account, as that was a $1000 hit that we didn't anticipate, and couldn't make up last year due to not being able to host a test.

Again, I am not saying it is right, or that it is by the rules, but other clubs may have faced this same issue and may be putting that in so that they don't get burned if the same was to happen this year.
Our club lost $5000 after someone who was tested day before but came to work before results and were positive so closed the grounds and gave FULL refunds to all participant, paid birds, throwers, etc.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Clubs are allowed to deduct the EE fee when giving refunds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts