RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone can possibly enter their dog(s) this weekend please do so!!! Our numbers are low and both clubs stand to lose their a$$es. I know that the economy has been rough for all, but all clubs deserve a chance to at least break even on their tests. Pack the cooler, load the dogs, and come on over for some awesome tests on great grounds with fantastic people!!

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Unfortunately I have to work. This is my weekend. Tried to change but...:(

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
If I didn't have to get one more qualified for Master National I'd be there!! Good Luck with the test!!

Angie

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks for posting this Larry!

I have not seen entries this low in all of the years I have been working these hunt tests. We have maybe 10 dogs per day at Started, a whopping 7 Seasoned on Saturday and a very crowded 2 dogs at Seasoned for Sunday. Our Finished double flight has 34 dogs Saturday and 26 Sunday.

Water is up this year in spite of the poor winter snows and a relatively dry spring. The ponds picked out for Finished are the Gator Pond and the Burned Out Barn Pond. I understand that the ATV hazard has been removed from the Gator Pond. Seasoned is going to be at the Heart Shaped Pond and Started will be at the front Hay Field Pond.

I am starting to get a little concerned about the future of some of these local clubs. Maybe it's the coincidental timing of the Grand, but this is not the first year that Started and Seasoned entries have been down. perhaps there just aren't enough young dogs coming up, or perhaps there is some level of intimidation factor involved with people uncertain of their dog's capabilities. Whatever the reason, a couple more years like this and CMHRC will be out of funds completely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts