RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Are you sure there will be a season? Given the MLB experience it seems problematical.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
They all might have to just kneel at home.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm with Ed, not so sure there's going to be a season at all.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
on a side note Tua T. graduated with a degree from the University of Alabama...kudos to the young man for finishing up

My Longhorns cant decide if they are playing for a racist University or not...LSU announced the game with UT is off, but they will still travel to College Station and play the Aggies

I am real close to not watching or listening to any Longhorn games while they go thru their cancel culture phase...the only good to come out of it was renaming the field for Campbell- Williams, but not singing the Eyes of Texas is going too far

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
Not that this will make any difference but I am turned off by the actions of people who should
know better. & while the athletes bodies may be approaching maturity their minds are not.
This will leave some time to devote to those things I enjoy.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I saw one report the other day that all the Texas helmets are going to have the clear plastic shields, it did not say wether they would be full faced or just the visor variety, I am guessing the big air conditioner coolers on the sidelines are a big NOOOOOO....

Honest question : are years going to have to self quarantine before playing teams like Syracuse or Rutgers

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Ouch! That must hurt like your best ever prettiest GF just dumped you....;)
LSU announced it was going to a conference only schedule..it only hurts the Horns because they only have two chances to get signature wins, the LSU game and the OU game...now they have to run the table and hope that OU doesnt drop a game, the SOS among the other Big 12 teams won't help them in the rankings, and since it looks like nobody is playing cross sectional games it may be up to the computers to decide who gets to the playoff games

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I’m betting that there will be a number of players who as potential high NFL draft picks will opt out playing, all the usual risks plus Covid 19 thromboembolism concerns. Add to that the Administration will dust off Merriam-Webster and look up liability, litigation, and lawyer. Maybe by November or December if things cool down a round robin conference tournament, maybe.

·
Registered
6,994 Posts
The media is projecting our senior qb, Mond, as a potential contender in the Heisman and other venues for recognition. And the team being a national contender because of him. I'm hoping its true but I am not so optimistic. He has been such an up and down player his first three years. I do think our defense will be better especially in the back end.
I am disappointed in conference only games and just a 10 game season.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LSU announced it was going to a conference only schedule..it only hurts the Horns because they only have two chances to get signature wins, the LSU game and the OU game...now they have to run the table and hope that OU doesnt drop a game, the SOS among the other Big 12 teams won't help them in the rankings, and since it looks like nobody is playing cross sectional games it may be up to the computers to decide who gets to the playoff games
Actually, The SEC is playing a 10 game conference only schedule.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
MLB thought they had dealt with it too.
What's this mlb you're alluding to? 'Bout as consequential these days as goldfish swallowing contests. And even at that, if they ever brought back the sport - goldfish swallowing - to help revive mlb, you can count on "playas" like Giancarlo "A-Fraud Jr." Stanton to choke on even the smallest goldfish as life imitating reality when it comes to mlb.

MG

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
What's this mlb you're alluding to? 'Bout as consequential these days as goldfish swallowing contests. And even at that, if they ever brought back the sport - goldfish swallowing - to help revive mlb, you can count on "playas" like Giancarlo "A-Fraud Jr." Stanton to choke on even the smallest goldfish as life imitating reality when it comes to mlb.

MG
I realize that the revenue from MLB is not comparable to that of college football but MLB has a form of a salary cap. Nevertheless there is lots of money on the line, fewer venues, smaller rosters, and no shortage of millionaire players yet their shortened season is in peril. While I am hopeful that 20 year old college athletes will act responsibly my lifetime experience suggests otherwise.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
While I am hopeful that 20 year old college athletes will act responsibly my lifetime experience suggests otherwise.
No disagreement here. (Well, even if there were, I refuse to give even the tiniest agate typeface to that pitiful pale version of the country's former national pastime now turned afterthought if that.)

Meanwhile, sorry to have to 'fess this up to Our Jacob, but he knows how St. Nick rolls: Saban already has his COVID "transition team" almost completely in place - he's stockpiling 5-stars ready to step in next spring for the 2020+ extended season should the NFL (who?) Combine end up with more 'Bama seniors and 1st and 2nd rounders who've opted out than might adorn 'Bama's roster in normal times. The motivation for it? Who wouldn't want to be on the team that wins the 7th National Crown crown conferred on Saban as GOAT (Marv's protestations on behalf of Pudge Heffelfinger notwithstanding). The testimonial from the teasipper alum (and 1st round draft choice) Dad whose twins signed on last month was mighty telling. I bet even swami rose cracked a knowing grin at this revelation.

MG

1 - 20 of 255 Posts