·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Texas looks like they can score on anybody

Texas looks like anybody can score on them

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
‘Sips had the ultimate zero-sum option to end another inglorious outing - officials were all over it. Take the penalty and TCU gets an untimed play to take another safety to end the game. Take the play - and game over with 0:00 on the clock. Could become the Longhorn Network’s nightly sign-off clip to the sound of “Git Along, Little Dogies - Whoopee Ti Yi Yo” (and out of the CFB playoff we go again, only three games in...)

MG

·
Registered
743 Posts
42-17 with 6 minutes to go in 3rd quarter of Jimbo’s 3rd year in Aggieland. Not good

Jacksonville state 21-21 vs once mighty FSU in 3rd quarter. JSU has former 3rd string Clemps QB. Honestly can’t remember his name. Good on you FSU.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
42-17 with 6 minutes to go in 3rd quarter of Jimbo’s 3rd year in Aggieland.
Some things, like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, never change and such it will be with the Aggies, at least in my lifetime.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
so Oklahoma losers of two in a row VS Texas losers of the one and a half games in a row....this game used to mean something...

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
so Oklahoma losers of two in a row VS Texas losers of the one and a half games in a row....this game used to mean something...
When the two marquee teams are mediocre it means the conference is mediocre. There will be no traffic jam on IH 35 from all the Okies driving to D/FW for the game.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
When the two marquee teams are mediocre it means the conference is mediocre. There will be no traffic jam on IH 35 from all the Okies driving to D/FW for the game.
No argument on the weakness or mediocrity of the conference...I remember the red stream of traffic going by me on iH35 and having to read makeshift signs on the way home with the score of the game when OU won...the Cotton Bowl just won't be the same without a sea of red and a sea of orange...

the natives are already burning torches and ready to put for sale signs and back up the moving truck in TH's driveway in Austin....I wonder how Lincoln Riley is doing in Norman this morning with the real possibility of doing something that hasn't been seen at OU in the last half century...lose THREE in a row

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
the natives are already burning torches and ready to put for sale signs and back up the moving truck in TH's driveway in Austin....
My oldest brother was in grad school in ‘56, Ed Price last year, they were 1-9 and pathetic. Price was hung in effigy regularly until fired. Then along comes some young coach from Washington (former Sooner QB) named Darrell Royal. The faithful mostly thumbed their noses because they were expecting a big name hire.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
..we lost one game, should have been two but they have nobody to blame but themselves...I prefer Herman because Im afraid of getting another Charlie Strong, John Mackovic or even the prodigal son David McWilliams....somebody needs to change the culture and entitlement attitude in Austin, right now that job belongs to TH and Ath Director Chris Del Conte who ironically was from TCU

Lets see where they are at the end of the year but right now they are on the hook for 20M

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
My oldest brother was in grad school in ‘56, Ed Price last year, they were 1-9 and pathetic. Price was hung in effigy regularly until fired. Then along comes some young coach from Washington (former Sooner QB) named Darrell Royal. The faithful mostly thumbed their noses because they were expecting a big name hire.
& the UW folks were very unhappy. So they go out & hire Jim Owens
who, in my mind, was the best coach UW ever had. Real gentleman.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
”Young coach from Washington” via Mittittippi Tate - ‘Sips shoulda gone with their “More cowbell” instincts again four years and brought in Dan Mullen instead of Herman Funster (from his tOSU “gentleman’s club” affiliations). But maybe they figured the StarkVegas-Austin axis was bad juju from 50 years ago when State hired DKR’s defensive coordinator Charlie Shira and next thing you know Houston rang up 74 points on ‘em in an era of defensive football which State duly obliged with a zero on their side of the scoreboard.

MG

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
its Friday before the Red River Showdown ....and OU still sucks

unfortunately so do my Horns

so tomorrow may be who sucks the least or last...expectations are low....my wallet say bet the over because neither team knows the meaning of defense but my head says dont touch the game, just walk away....

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
its Friday before the Red River Showdown ....and OU still sucks

unfortunately so do my Horns
Maybe tomorrow will be a good day to train dogs?

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Maybe tomorrow will be a good day to train dogs?
there is actually a Hunt Test about a half hour away and I might go attend to say hello to an old friend of the family (Jim Dobbs)..

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
I’m not particularly looking forward to more of Mond and a leaky secondary. I remain forever hopeful.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Rainy day in the SE tomorrow...and it’s not duck season. I’ll watch a few games tomorrow.

2 Texas senior QBs have a chance to step up and make a statement tomorrow. Guessing 1 does... Sam E. I just don’t trust Mond, but tomorrow is his time to turn things around and I wish him well.

For some strange reason I like UT over UGA in Athens. Let down game maybe?

FSU and ND getting no love.. for good reason...Catholics big.

I rarely pick the Clemps games, but I gotta feeling the Tigahs show up and out tomorrow night. Gonna be wet. Look for LA’s own Travis Etienne to get the rock a bunch.

I consulted my daughters magic 8 ball for all this super sound advice!! Haha!

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Hotty toddy!
Kiffin's gonna be the first!
Give 'em hell Johnny Reb!

201 - 220 of 270 Posts