RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

221 - 240 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
there is actually a Hunt Test about a half hour away and I might go attend to say hello to an old friend of the family (Jim Dobbs)..
I had the privilege of meeting Jim and Phyllis at a seminar about 20 years ago. They helped me with thorny problem. Never forgot the lessons learned.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Ags and ‘Sips putting on entertaining matinee performances, latter entertaining particularly haters who ain’t got much hatin’ to do “helping” the Shorthorns fall short season after season. aTm looking competent and passionate with run game, not to damn ‘em with faint praise or anything...

MG

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I told ya. Hahalol.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Any Fall Saturday when LSU snd Texas lose and the Aggies win is a good Fall day. :):cool:

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
AL fans shouldn't be worried about anything.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
My Horns lost a game they deserved to lose...you get a punt blocked, a potential game winning FG blocked, and TWO passes INT in the end zone.... but the picture of the Texas QB standing alone on the field afterwards without any of his teammates during the playing of the Eyes of Texas, speaks volumes about what is going on at the Forty Acres

I watched the Alabama vs Mississippi game and was reminded about local boy Matt Corrall whose uncle was a UCLA alum/NFL kicker got away and is playing QB at Ole Miss...but I am impressed with Bama QB Mack Jones, he made every throw, hard to believe he had to sit behind anyone...I also watched how Bama played and their schemes on offense, say what you want about OC Sarkesian and his off the field personal demons, but that offense with Najee Harris was impressive

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Saban needs to disappear his DC like the alleged DC has disappeared ‘Bama’s defense. Felt like I needed to take six lye soap showers to get the stench of “victory” off me - name of Pete Golding, but best to call him, by what he’s selling on defense, the “Alabominable Snowman.” Jacob, would the Rosy Finch Boyz, LLC consider a straight up terrible defense and defensive coordinator trade for Bo Pellini - or even Faux Bo Pellini?

MG

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Props go to Kansas State and HC Chris Klieman (maybe UT should have hired him Bon). His team has emerged as one to be reckoned with in the not so Big 12. Imagine this, the best teams in the Big 12 are the States, Kansas, Iowa, and Okie. I wonder if Klieman has a single 5 star recruit on the roster. After a surprising opening game loss to Arkansas State, K State has beaten OU and TCU in Norman and Fort Worth.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
The Kiffin/Saban matchup was too intriguing for me to miss, I watched my first game. My observations are probably obvious(so I'll try to be brief Doc).....

-Mac Jones is an accurate passer
-If Mac Jones isn't accurate, those guys catch it any way
-Jalen Waddle is a better player than Jones, Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy.....any of the previous pass catchers
-The running backs looked nice, though I heard this was their first good game
-Coach Saban's off season, "fatherly lessons" have been internalized by his defense. This defense is exactly like the law enforcement they have protested this summer in that......1. the defense allows peaceful marchers to proceed unimpeded 2. the defense steps back to allow progress even if they do install a small barrier for protection of their own property 3. the defense evacuates without challenging when threatened with "peaceful protest" 4. the defense appears confused by the messages it receives from leadership 5. Georgia's running backs are gonna burn the end zones at Bryant Denny(analogous to precinct buildings) next Saturday during primetime.

Kirby gonna be the first! Go Dawgs!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Bad loss...bad D...bad special teams....always cheers me up...

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
so now Nick Saban has tested positive for CoVid19.....he must be a Republican ...Get well Coach

I guess we will see him self quarantine and coach using Zoom

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
so now Nick Saban has tested positive for CoVid19.....he must be a Republican ...Get well Coach

I guess we will see him self quarantine and coach using Zoom
Really, only Republicans get the virus, tell the 210,000+ dead people that, I bet some were apolitical, some were Democrats, some were Libertarians.........take it to POTUS

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I agree with EdA. These kind of remarks/comments should be made on POTUS Place. I'm sorry Nick got the virus. I hope he fully recovers.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Really, only Republicans get the virus, tell the 210,000+ dead people that, I bet some were apolitical, some were Democrats, some were Libertarians.........take it to POTUS
Point taken but Im trying not to play over there any longer, sorry if I offended anyone here

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Hey, hey, hey.......the athletes and the coaches brought politics into college football this season.....

With Bon as my example, l will be the second to apologize if I have offended anyone here with my posted reactions to the political statements made by college football coaches and players this year.

Like Wayne, I too pray for the full and speedy recovery of Coach Nick Saban. At the same time, I am sad he will not be there for that ass kicking he and my favorite team will take from Georgia Saturday night!;)

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Hey, hey, hey.......the athletes and the coaches brought politics into college football this season.....

With Bon as my example, l will be the second to apologize if I have offended anyone here with my posted reactions to the political statements made by college football coaches and players this year.
I just watch the games therefore I am unaware of what coaches and players say. Yours or anyone else’s critique of what someone said is not the issue. When I open the College Football thread I generally expect to read something remotely related to football not a political spin on the CF news of the day. If I want political spin there is no shortage of it available on this forum.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I enjoyed watching football last Saturday, especially Aggies. At the end of the day I had really enjoyed myself. A brief but enjoyable respite.
A new look on RTF. Looks good.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I don’t blame Doc and Wayne for wanting to talk football. They just knocked off the Gators, and will be favored in every remaining game on their schedule. It sets up very nicely for the Aggies the rest of year.

On second thought, I probably should not have posted this. It’s kinda like your buddy asking if you’ve ever played this well in the middle of a golf round with the toughest holes already behind you, and then casually mentioning there is water down the right and ob down the left.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
I don’t blame Doc and Wayne for wanting to talk football. They just knocked off the Gators, and will be favored in every remaining game on their schedule. It sets up very nicely for the Aggies the rest of year.

On second thought, I probably should not have posted this. It’s kinda like your buddy asking if you’ve ever played this well in the middle of a golf round with the toughest holes already behind you, and then casually mentioning there is water down the right and ob down the left.
Wayne and I have an adult lifetime of Aggie football misery therefore our expectations remain modest unlike our brethren to the west in Austin who will never recover for the Darrell Royal era.

221 - 240 of 253 Posts