RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

241 - 260 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I could have sworn the Longhorns won a National Championship under Mack Brown. I will say the average Horn fans a "what have you done for me lately"...it is often said the two most popular topics in Austin are 1. who is the back up QB at UT : and 2. who is the next coach at UT....

I dont recognize the new fan base at the Forty Acres, they are ready to burn it all down, the new bloodsport seems to be riding the current coach out of town on the nearest rail. Maybe Ehlinger's saying " we're Baaaack" was a bit premature, but those same fans that were yucking it up when we took down a nationally rated SEC power are the ones with pitchforks and torches looking tout Herman's head on a stake. I am NOT part of that crowd..I am starting to realize that what separates UT from the perennial powers is that Texas is getting a very good athlete, but they aren't getting the BEST athletes. I watched the Bama vs Miss game and I dont think any player at Texas could have broken into the starting lineup at Bama and thats including my QB, not so sure the Ole Miss QB isn't better than what we have. Sam is a fine Tebow like athlete, but he wasn't the best QB in the state, he wasn't even the best QB in his hometown. I think Texas recruiting classes are overrated but they are starting to change. they have landed the Gatorade POY and also the Top RB in the country in the last two classes, and recently got a committment from the Top QB in the country who is from SLC in the DFW area, unfortunately he is only a junior in HS so it remains to be seen if he ever steps foot on campus.
the culture at UT needs to change...I think Herman can change that, but not sure he is the brilliant X's and O type of guy or the CEO type

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Mack was waiting for his buyout to expire, Mackovic did the same thing. If they took a job coaching somewhere else Texas is off the hook, kind of like Alimony

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I will take Alabama minus 4 if Saban runs out of the tunnel with them....and for some reason I like the SEC Air Raid plus 4 to catch TAMU in a letdown after last week

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't think Tom Herman is going anywhere. Seems to me Texas may recruit talent, but seem to be getting kids with no intestinal fortitude. Got to have some intensity and that doesn't mean jump up and hoot and holla after you just made a tackle 9 yards down field!

Reactions: BonMallari

·
Registered
743 Posts
73-7 Tigers...now imagine if Clemps played against an SEC defense...this year...not historical SEC defense...haha! You know that’s funny Rose and cracker!

I’m also starting a go fund me me page to get Willie Muschump an extension and raise for beating the mighty Auburn Tiggers today! I do what I can to help out!!

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Aggies won but Mond was kinda flat. Threw too many passes into the dirt. They were good sports by not punching the ball in from the 1 yd line and just let time expire. I hope Spiller is not hurt. He was limping a bit.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
73-7 Tigers...now imagine if Clemps played against an SEC defense...this year...not historical SEC defense...haha! You know that’s funny Rose and cracker!

I’m also starting a go fund me me page to get Willie Muschump an extension and raise for beating the mighty Auburn Tiggers today! I do what I can to help out!!
JG, when i come here it is to hear about and talk football.

I saw Tech play earlier this year against Miami. I thought they were a pretty nice team. Clemso destroyed them in the largest margin, in conference game in ACC history. Lawrence stats were mind boggling(didn't see the game) and the recieving personnel must be tremendous too. You know my old thoughts were that Trevor and Travis would win three(who saw that Joe Burrough thing coming) but, they're still my favorite for two.

Now......If i wanted to hear your ir anyone elses critique of conference vs conference crap, there are plenty of places i can get that! XXX's and OOOO's bro....x's and o's! :)

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
cant bet here in Calif, my apps dont work outside the state of NV....but its still fun to mythically bet the games on paper

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Like Wayne, I too pray for the full and speedy recovery of Coach Nick Saban. At the same time, I am sad he will not be there for that ass kicking he and my favorite team will take from Georgia Saturday night!;)
Apparently you failed to consult the Swami about this prognostication for which you were 100% wrong. Nick was there spewing saliva while AL kicked the ass of KS and his GA Bulldogs. You scuffed the dirt and aw shucked us again.😉
The SEC is beginning to look like the ACC, one powerhouse and some other teams.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Saban’s aerosol particulates were an anti-virus shot for ‘Bama‘s heretofore anaemic defense.

As for rose’s aw-shucksin’ anybody, not true - he had his homer rabies shot that transforms rabidity to humility and only scuffed the dirt so it would be easier for them Dawgs to eat it for dinner.

Apparently you failed to consult the Swami about this prognostication for which you were 100% wrong. Nick was there spewing saliva while AL kicked the ass of KS and his GA Bulldogs. You scuffed the dirt and aw shucked us again.😉

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
The Swami only visits and provides enlightenment in times of peace, serenity and reflection. John has been 0 for 3......but back to the x's and o's....

Tennessee ALWAYS plays their best game and will put together 2 halfs like their first half against Georgia. Jeremy will be the first.....22-1!

Don't be too quick to poo poo the conferences.....
ACC game NC v FSU was awesome.....both are coming along.
SEC Kentucky and Arkansas looking like trouble for folks ahead.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Aggies have a bye (work) week. So, I can relax and just watch couple games.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Aggies have a bye (work) week. So, I can relax and just watch couple games.
Was about to say you and Ed A could do some Zoom scouting of aTm's next opponent this weekend - when I realized your next opponent, the Sooies, also got a bye before coming to College Station. Pardon me if I root for the Piggies - Sam Pittman is the best thing to happen to Arky football since Granny Holtz suspended his best two offensive players in the '78 Orange Bowl and still whupped Switzer and Sooner arses by four TDs, as ironically enough, a 24-point underdog. The other thing that might make y'all Ags feel good about Pittsman is he's a fellow Pittsburg (Kan.) State Gorilla alum of y'all's former stalwart coach, R.C.Wils - oops, sorry, of y'all's former stalwart coach Denny Fraudchione, he of the 77-0 licking by aforesaid Sooners - though he probably will be out to avenge Fraudchione's callous dismissal in College Station next Satt'y. Surprised he ain't got that other great Aggies coaching legend, Sherman the Accountant, as his offensive coordinator - but apparently Arky's got a helluva lot more sense in hiring their coaches these days than y'all did with Fraudchione and Sherman the Accountant.

MG

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Was about to say you and Ed A could do some Zoom scouting of aTm's next opponent this weekend - when I realized your next opponent, the Sooies, also got a bye before coming to College Station. Pardon me if I root for the Piggies - Sam Pittman is the best thing to happen to Arky football since Granny Holtz suspended his best two offensive players in the '78 Orange Bowl and still whupped Switzer and Sooner arses by four TDs, as ironically enough, a 24-point underdog. The other thing that might make y'all Ags feel good about Pittsman is he's a fellow Pittsburg (Kan.) State Gorilla alum of y'all's former stalwart coach, R.C.Wils - oops, sorry, of y'all's former stalwart coach Denny Fraudchione, he of the 77-0 licking by aforesaid Sooners - though he probably will be out to avenge Fraudchione's callous dismissal in College Station next Satt'y. Surprised he ain't got that other great Aggies coaching legend, Sherman the Accountant, as his offensive coordinator - but apparently Arky's got a helluva lot more sense in hiring their coaches these days than y'all did with Fraudchione and Sherman the Accountant.

MG

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
I only saw two quarters, but Justin Fields was amazing. It will be impossible for him to improve from his first game.

These quarterbacks, Lawrence, Jones and Fields, complete passes to moving recievers at greater percentages than Marvin and I could make 15 foot, underhanded, uncontested, free throws at stationary peach baskets......back in the day. Amazing qb's.

Sad to see Waddle break his ankle against vols.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Crackered, Perhaps you should take a closer look at the Arkansas past coaches. My all time favorite was Jack Crowe who never scored a touchdown against a 1A team (or something like that). There have been a couple of real losers. When they did pick a good one he managed to screw it up (no pun intended).

a

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
but apparently Arky's got a helluva lot more sense in hiring their coaches these days than y'all did with Fraudchione and Sherman the Accountant.MG
I have been a frequent critic of the decision to dismiss R.C. Slocum and while not defending those hirings I would like to point out the Sooie Pig hires of the last two decades.
Ken Hatfield, Jack Crowe, Danny Ford, Houston Nutt, Bobby Petrino, Bret Bielema, Chad Morris so speak not of Arkansas’s expertise.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
I did notice that University of NC won big and will probably move up from #14 in polls. While Univ of Texas is not ranked. There is a connection between UNC and UT.

241 - 260 of 270 Posts