RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

301 - 320 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Rose/swami and Cracker, who you taking in ND vs Clemps? At ND and Touchdown Jesus. Full disclosure, Trevor is out along with 3 starting Defensive players to include our MLB, olb, and all acc DL. Also, wr’s Ross, ngata, and Ladson are more than likely out. It’s 2020? Who you got?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Not who but what I always got in mind when the Damers play - seeing them get annihilated by 60 regardless the opponent (save for All Bran, which somehow has never played ND but which my wish would be mutual self-destruction and some kind of South Bending and West Georgianing of the rules that enabled both entities to lose by 60... But in this case since All Bran With A Lake, a/k/a Clemps is playing through with a mulligan, I’m all in for eliminating the perennial pretenders by a rout of Biblical proportions. Which will also establish a good precedent for St. Nick’s heir apparent and ‘Bama’s prodigal son on the road to his canonization as St. Swinney. That sorta answer your question, jg?

PS Also want to share condolences with rose, speaking of (good) Catholics, on the loss of Bear Bryant’s and we gumps’ last 60-minute man, Joe Namath’s center and Lee Roy Jordan’s successor as middle linebacker, the All American from the ‘64 National Championship team (and All-Next World human being) Paul Crane, RIP.

MG

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Crack man ditto!

The names......the haunting names.....Tom Clements, Dave Casper, Wayne Bullock, DiNardo, Parsegian, et al.....'73 Sugar.....'74 Orange.....two points.....one point......the referees.......two undisputed national championships......lost forever.....during Coach Bryant's 0 for 6 bowl game run!

For an 11-12 year old Bama fan the heartbreaking losses created enough hatred to last a lifetime! So yes, yes, yes, it is not the Swami but I, who will root Travis and the surviving Tigers to curb stomp those Irish into the same OBLIVIAN of non existence that Mante Teo's girlfriend came from and where leprechauns actually live!

Hell son, I ain't even taken a bite of Lucky Charms since New Year's Eve 1973. I don't care if they added elephants to the hearts, moons, stars and CLOVERS, as long as that damn leprechaun is on the box......I'M OUT!(and i love me a good bowl of cereal before bedtime.....or corn bread and iced tea)

Do you get it Jgsanders? Mg and I are the biggest Clemso fans this week!

But if you are going to the game and mistakenly pull into a swap meet thinking it's a tailgate party.....i need a rear bumper for a '52 R6!

Yes Mg, RIP legend!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I’m not as confident as Rose and Cracker. BC was was supposed to be a running team and surprised us with 11 of 12 pass plays to start the game. I think ND will throw the kitchen sink at Clemps depleted D.

Pre-COVID we hoped to go to south bend and do the ND experience. Since COVID hit that’s a no go, but good news...Replaced that with opening weekend Arkansas duck hunt. I’ll post pics if it turns out good.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Replaced that with opening weekend Arkansas duck hunt. I’ll post pics if it turns out good.
That’s Jerry Jones country, don’t let any of that Jerry Jones magic rub off on you. If you are hunting flooded timber for the first time you’re in for a treat.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Flooded timber hunting is absolutely great. I grew up doing that. We hunted public areas and had a great time. My Dad was an excellent duck caller. There are now significant rules and regulations that probably are for the best given the number of people that hunt.
Back then you had to be tough. None of the current North Face stuff was available. Two pairs of jeans, long johns, etc. as you walked from the boat into the timber while breaking ice in hip boots. I tripped and fell into the freezing water more than once. My dad always carried a dry set of jeans for me.
That was the good old days!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Flooded timber hunting is absolutely great. I grew up doing that. We hunted public areas and had a great time. My Dad was an excellent duck caller. There are now significant rules and regulations that probably are for the best given the number of people that hunt.
Back then you had to be tough. None of the current North Face stuff was available. Two pairs of jeans, long johns, etc. as you walked from the boat into the timber while breaking ice in hip boots. I tripped and fell into the freezing water more than once. My dad always carried a dry set of jeans for me.
That was the good old days!
reminds me of my youth

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Where you going jg......i like Poinsett and Woodruff counties early in the season.

Timber hunting is fine but if you're field hunting just remember......your dog likes a spoonie just as much as he likes a spec......and I can cook either well!;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Where you going jg......i like Poinsett and Woodruff counties early in the season.

Timber hunting is fine but if you're field hunting just remember......your dog likes a spoonie just as much as he likes a spec......and I can cook either well!;)
I know this is awful, but a Gamecock buddy of mine (arch SC/Clemps rival) grew up in Arkansas and has a family farm there to this day they lease the farm land out to a local farmer. His father was an MD who wound up in SC of all places. They still own the farm where we are headed. To be honest, it’s one of those trips we’re I’m along for the ride but trusting it will be good. It’s not this this weekend but the opening weekend before Thanksgiving the 21st I believe. I’m told to be ready for timber, pits, fields, and afternoon geese. Sounds awesome. TBD.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
rose, in light of jg cavorting with the frenemy duck hunting, we also may want to assign him honorary membership in the all-hat, no-cattle intelligentsia for a foray across state lines to size up legitimate interest by the teasippers in a) coer$$ing Urban Meyer to Austin and failing that, b) poaching Dabo from Clemps to rehab the shorthorns in the interim of succeeding St. Nick at 'Bama in 2030. I'm fairly certain jg would qualify as an indisputably "ironclad" source for reporting back with his findings.

MG

I know this is awful, but a Gamecock buddy of mine (arch SC/Clemps rival) grew up in Arkansas and has a family farm there to this day they lease the farm land out to a local farmer. His father was an MD who wound up in SC of all places. They still own the farm where we are headed. To be honest, it’s one of those trips we’re I’m along for the ride but trusting it will be good. It’s not this this weekend but the opening weekend before Thanksgiving the 21st I believe. I’m told to be ready for timber, pits, fields, and afternoon geese. Sounds awesome. TBD.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Is it just me, or is it really satisfying watching Michigan struggle these days?? I really like that Indiana FB Coach.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Is it just me, or is it really satisfying watching Michigan struggle these days?? I really like that Indiana FB Coach.
Go IU!

Allen seems to be the real deal. Hopefully we can keep him!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
WV play calling in the red zone with 1 yard for a first down was strange. And the execution was awful. But a good win for
Texas.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Take that Gamecocks!

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
-Indiana is a good team, getting better every year.
-Ta&m is a very good team, getting better every week......if lsu and the boogs do what they need to do....Atlanta and playoff team.
-Cincinnati is good too. I watched them two times this year....I think legit.
-Georgia is a pretty good team, they have a great quarterback(playing at tosu)....getting worse every week.
-Maryland is getting better every week with its new quarterback......psu/Franklin has to get better....they cannot get worse(sorry Chris 😞)
-I feel like the dr. Pepper commercial guy.......I jinxed Clemso. Either by rooting so hard or falling asleep when they went up by 7, it's on me. Result aside, Dabo had Lawrence and guys out with Covid and it won’t count in committee meetings. This IS Kelley's best team at ND.....I thought over rated like usual, but they're legit.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Our best DB (Safety) Richardson didn't play because his covid test came back positive on Friday morning. Hope he gets better soon.
TV showed Trevor L. on Clemps sideline during ND game. I guess he's ok but just couldn't practice during the week.
Florida beat Georgia really bad. I was surprised Ga played so poorly.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
HEADLINE:

GEORGIA FOUND 21 MISPLACED POINTS OVERNIGHT! BULLDAWGS HAVE NOW BEATEN FLORIDA!

sorry wayne and doc....i just found that to be funny.;)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
rose, them Dawgs now led by the coach they’s callin’ “The Baron Been Richt Often” i.e. goin’ down in flames at the proverbial critical juncture for his program like his predecessor in Athens.

Meanwhile, rest assured there would be no COVID outbreak on the Bayou if YawYawFoobaw had gotten Tua Jr. to come to LSU, ‘cause they may be COVID-y just in time to scratch vs. the Tide, but they’s had a CAVITY at QB all season. Tua Jr. (Taulia) on the other hand (and feet) be injecting himself into the Heisman race especially after he and Locks shock tOSU in a couple weeks,

CFB playoff predictions, invoking the swami:

Clemps
ND
Indiana Hoosiers
BYU

and if it goes to eight teams, add
aTm
Cincinnati
McGill of Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Biden Administration international relations stratagem)

‘Bama rounding out the field

MG

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Kirby found them points on top of the lockers.....he can still "get up"!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Well shoot. Three games rescheduled due to COVID issues including Texas A&M vs. Tenn.
I thought the GA points joke was funny too. Kirby pulling his legs up doesn’t get him any higher. It must have been a foot locker.
I don’t understand why the apology to me.

301 - 320 of 377 Posts