RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

341 - 360 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Indiana is a good team, they could put up a fight DH......but i think holing Fields to a less than 60% completion rate is a more realistic goal......but yeah.....Go Hoosiers!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Indiana is a good team, they could put up a fight DH......but i think holding Fields to a less than 60% completion rate is a more realistic goal......but yeah.....Go Hoosiers!
rose, I like your RPO strategy for bringing EdA back into the rtf fold by playing against his tender mercies - aTm rooter - and your going with the unnerdawgs each week to hopefully land the Aggies in the CFB playoffs and land EdA back on the rtf CFB thread initially then readmission into the "general population" of trainers, handlers and them wannabes like me. We would welcome him back in any incarnation, I think you'll agree, and maybe his return will be timed with the Ags as 4th team in the playoff field with Clemps, 'Bama, tOSU/Maryland/Gators/BYU and aTm!

MG

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
A&M is a very good team, currently playing at a very high level! They are likely to win out and should be in great position for playoff consideration, I think I said that before.

BUT.....do not forget the fine Kentucky team Alabama will be playing this week! They are not as good as Hoosiers, but gonna be a problem for the tide.....i hope!

What team am I worried about? LSU......but not for onfield reasons. It sounds very bad down there.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Rose, I think the Aggies next game is with LSU. Is it going to be cancelled due to Covid at LSU?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Doesn’t feel like Clemson’s year to me. Weird year and too many injuries on defense. I don’t think we are in the same realm as Alabama and OSU. It’s also weird how far FSU has fallen. 35 point underdog this weekend at home to Clemps. Weird stat, FSU has had more 1st round draft picks in basketball (5) than football (3) since 2016. Program has hit hard times.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Also, Florida and USC has paid Muschump over $20M to NOT coach football in the SEC. Pretty good gig if you can get it.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Crab legs and Criminoles coming home to roost, jg - and home (or away) to get roasted. And don’t forget Free Shoes U. is also paying another falling and failing upward Willie (Taggart) millions not to be their coach. They might be better off doing a reset - back to a women’s college for five-10 years - before playing Sun Belt, sorry, before playing ACC football again. And bring ‘Cutty out of the rtf CFB thread witness protection program to advise on the rebirth -

Doesn’t feel like Clemson’s year to me. Weird year and too many injuries on defense. I don’t think we are in the same realm as Alabama and OSU. It’s also weird how far FSU has fallen. 35 point underdog this weekend at home to Clemps. Weird stat, FSU has had more 1st round draft picks in basketball (5) than football (3) since 2016. Program has hit hard times.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Jg, Clemso will overcome to win it all, don't be concerned about a few defensive players, I see the quarterback and back as getting it super together for the championship game/games.

FSU, what a giant Bowden was there. Though it's sad, we tide fans are no strangers to "walking in this wilderness" huh mg? The days of Cutty defending the quarterback from Bessemer were special.....and fun! Great days indeed! It took two and two thirds years.....but the day I painted him into the corner of admitting Jaimis "possiby had a charachter flaw" was my pinnacle of college football arguing! I miss that guy.

MG......I'm in, are you in? Probably still smells like Bright Star, Chesterfields and brown liquor!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
MG......I'm in, are you in? Probably still smells like Bright Star, Chesterfields and brown liquor!

Hot dram, you're, er, swami's good, rose - was just thinking yesterday about my old haunt the Bright Star, where I bogarted an Auburn star LB signee's babe once upon a time and almost got a wedding ring for my trouble...oh, well... it weren't in the cards and it weren't this 'un, either - and yes, that's who you think she is -

- one of our'n returnining to the semi-hometown and Bright Star despite "Blind Side" loyalty - and I was talking about her affinity for virile and hirsute menfolk (hmm) and her vivaciousness yestiddy too, to another lady friend up in Huntspatch on an intelligence posting. Huntsville, by the way - where Bear tracked me down once and blistered my ears with not exactly church-going talk over a little dispute about the caliber of a 'Bama bowl (and "Bear-paw picked" bowl) opponent.

MG

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
MG, That's a photo full of bright stars..... sadly the star of culinary, hospitality and sports lore in the pic, Mr. Jimmy Koikos, is no longer walking those aisles.

When experience hand us all the fond recollections of special people, places and red snapper......we have led full lives!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I was wondering how it was going on your trip jg.......looks like a super early season bag. Grey duck = great duck, ringers rule, spoonies save the day! A man and his dog can't have more fun than that.

Nice fire pit, gorgeous sunset....what part of the state are you in? I'm saying 50:50 on bean field or tupelo/buckbrush break?

Envious in sweet home!

·
Registered
765 Posts
We shot some Mallards opening morning , but it’s been hot opening weekend. We took out some frustration on them this AM. Cooling off and getting some wind now. Morning hunt could be great. Arkansas County. Spent too much at Mack’s.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I hope you and your crew smash them in the morning. Swattin' skeeters and killin' duck in short sleave shirts.....Arkansas county, Gillett, Dewitt, St. Charles and Stuttgart......Tyndall's and Red Level......trip to Mack's.....you're doin' some big livin' JG......keep us posted.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Memphis BBQ secret spot. Bring you a jambalaya appetizer before they get your drink order.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Don't look now - and I can't say if it was jg's travelogue and pictorial from the flooded timber, or the swami's erudite prognostication on the Hoosiers hanging for a while with the O(ver)S(tated and Rated) U., or maybe even a humanitarian effort he joined out there in Tejas to Find 'Cutty At Any Cost, milk cartons or wherever, or who knows, maybe he wanted the phone number for reservations at The Bright Star, Bessemer, Ala. - but Dr. EdA has reappeared on rtf, just not yet in this particular huddle. Might've helped him reconsider sooner had he known that folks of high caliber and quality, who check in only sporadically and usually during CFB season, were asking what they could do to bring him back - well, we certainly hope Dr. EdA's contributions continue on the rtf CFB and elsewhere herein if he so chooses to soiree with us again!

MG

341 - 360 of 376 Posts