RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

581 - 600 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
I have to cogitate about crackers posts. At my age it sometimes doesn't seem worth the effort. But I finally got the yland comment.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Clemps just got outplayed and out coached. Congrats to OSU! You guys are the better team!
I want to hear about the superiority of ACC FB, the coach that provides the other team with BB
material. Some fairly brilliant stuff going on.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
And Sark to replace Herman. Double WOW!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
And Herman already bruited to replace Sark as OC in Tuscaloosa as newest enrollee in the Saban Roll Tide RR & R (Reputation Restoration & Rehabilitation) Academy Funded by Prior Employers. In this case Herman’s $15M+ teasipper buyout. Think they’re still paying Charlie Strong to “analyze” at ‘Bama as well.

MG

·
Registered
799 Posts
Thanks JG. I have a feeling this will be a great rivalry for many years to come.
Yes sir, but don’t give me any credit now, as I truly don’t deserve it....it’s actually really easy to be humble when the other team is so much better that their cheerleaders are better, the otherteam’s bus driver is better, their ball boy is better....can’t point to single area we were better. Sometimes you just gotta shake the Man’s hand and say “really well done, you kicked our butt!” 😉

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Rumored that Sark turned Texas down. Reported by David Pollack, whoever he is. Some say Sark to take over AL after Saban retires. How would that go over in T.town?
I thought that job was going to Dabo.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I'm belittling those folks who claim their conference is so great while playing a couple of big games & many cupcakes.
Well Marvin an unranked SEC east team beat a ranked ACC team today(Kentucky v NCState)

Also, an unranked SEC west team beat a top 10 Big 10 team today.(Ol' Miss v Indiana)

Don't you think the SEC is looking pretty good?

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Well Marvin an unranked SEC east team beat a ranked ACC team today(Kentucky v NCState)

Also, an unranked SEC west team beat a top 10 Big 10 team today.(Ol' Miss v Indiana)

Don't you think the SEC is looking pretty good?

I would say it makes a 16 team playoff more attractive.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I would say it makes a 16 team playoff more attractive.
Since the Ducks just got walloped by Iowa State and Pac12 is 0-2 to complete the bowl season..........you better make that a 32 team playoff.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Since the Ducks just got walloped by Iowa State and Pac12 is 0-2 to complete the bowl season..........you better make that a 32 team playoff.
The Ducks, like AL a few years back, backed into representing the PAC-12.

So what do think of the Sark hiring?

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
What a win. I was really nervous. Move the chain Achane saved the day. A true freshman headed to a construction job out of HS until we offered him.
We were short our best CB and one of our best LB. Spiller looked hurt and wasn’t himself. I think he still got a 1,000 yds for season.
Take that Committee.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Better make that a 132-team playoff to ensure - last and least - that Marv’s shining avatar Chip Kelly has a place at the table.

There was a peep of a rumor yesterday that the Shorties in Austin might be pursuing “Kelly” as their new coach. I thought in true bungling overkill teasipper fashion that they might be going for a twofer, “Kellys” as in Chipper and Brian of ND as co-head coaches to restore the program to its occasional glory.

Sark got his work and meeting schedule cut out for him out there - plus, history so far is agin’ him as it’s been fool’s gold in Marv’s argot trying to replicate Saban’s success hiring his protégés and rehabbed functionaries.

MG

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Wayne, I only saw the first quarter.....my granddaughter was "spending the night with granddad"! But the score was pretty close, ND beat UNC by two td's as well earlier. I was looking for a "blowout" to support our positions that TAMU shoulda made the playoff. That said, a win is a win! Congrats!

Marvin, The Sarkisian hire?

Number one, my first thought was I hope he doesn't take Camar Wheaton back to Texas.

Number two, Alabama wouldn't know how to prepare for a final if one or two of the coordinators/assistants weren't stealing files, playbooks, pictures of recruiting boards, etc. to take to some new team.

Number three, my knock on Herman, if anyone here remembers my commentary here, was that he could never win "the one he needed" at Houston. Can Steve Sarkisian win a "big one" when he "needs it" against an oponent that has better personnel and great coaches........we'll know in 8 days.(but he went 3 and out 8 times to start a second half with a nice lead to lose bama's #18....didn't he).

Number four, he has a great record with great quarterbacks and maybe he helped them when he was out west and down here. But his cast of skill people the last two years is likely unduplicatable(is that a word). As an example, Mr. Hugh once told me, "when I had Itch and when i had Man, people thought I was the best dog trainer in the world......not so much lately...."(wry smile for effect). He's not going to have Waddle, Smitty, Metchie, Najee or even a Jones in years 1, 2, 3,.......I wont say four because the sippers don't give a guy 4!;)

But I think he's gonna get his ass beat in 8 days........who do i pull for is my big question. Will it be "the justice marchers" or the "equalitarians"? I think it's a push.

I may write a book on this subject.......oh wait.....i just did!;)

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
rose, your “push” might go toward the home team if the justice marchers become the Dept. of Justice Marchers led by ‘Bama alum and out-Tubbied and outgoing US Senator Doug Jones as new AG - I know EdA would want you to take that into consideration before the swami makes his NCG asseveration!

MG

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Wayne, I only saw the first quarter.....my granddaughter was "spending the night with granddad"! But the score was pretty close, ND beat UNC by two td's as well earlier. I was looking for a "blowout" to support our positions that TAMU shoulda made the playoff. That said, a win is a win! Congrats!

Marvin, The Sarkisian hire?

Number one, my first thought was I hope he doesn't take Camar Wheaton back to Texas.

Number two, Alabama wouldn't know how to prepare for a final if one or two of the coordinators/assistants weren't stealing files, playbooks, pictures of recruiting boards, etc. to take to some new team.

Number three, my knock on Herman, if anyone here remembers my commentary here, was that he could never win "the one he needed" at Houston. Can Steve Sarkisian win a "big one" when he "needs it" against an oponent that has better personnel and great coaches........we'll know in 8 days.(but he went 3 and out 8 times to start a second half with a nice lead to lose bama's #18....didn't he).

Number four, he has a great record with great quarterbacks and maybe he helped them when he was out west and down here. But his cast of skill people the last two years is likely unduplicatable(is that a word). As an example, Mr. Hugh once told me, "when I had Itch and when i had Man, people thought I was the best dog trainer in the world......not so much lately...."(wry smile for effect). He's not going to have Waddle, Smitty, Metchie, Najee or even a Jones in years 1, 2, 3,.......I wont say four because the sippers don't give a guy 4!;)

But I think he's gonna get his ass beat in 8 days........who do i pull for is my big question. Will it be "the justice marchers" or the "equalitarians"? I think it's a push.

I may write a book on this subject.......oh wait.....i just did!;)
I witnessed a lot of that in the dog & working world. It is very hard to sustain success.
Thanks for the breakdown.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Better make that a 132-team playoff to ensure - last and least - that Marv’s shining avatar Chip Kelly has a place at the table.
MG
I make no claim to be a FB person but have been around a few sports enough to recognize
when a coach is improving a program. I will welcome the day you have to eat those words.

581 - 600 of 641 Posts