RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With spring practices in high gear, it’s time for the new one.

Not that even Vegas would have given you odds for such an absurd bet @ the time (2018 and before.), but I could have made a killing had I said in 2021 LSU would have the best/deepest QB room.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Good for you! The wunderkind coach of the local Huskies, though 5-1 last year is
getting skewered in the local press for letting too many quality locals go elsewhere.

It looks like we need a new AD!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
[email protected] magnanimous of you, rose, sending out that hopeful note of new CFB thread unity:
Reconcile Team Reconcile
—even if we’ve lost Le Smiles and maybe Jacob’s other iconic daddy the Rosy Finch Boyz leader and perhaps Our jg’s Clemps avatar Deshawn to the indiscretions of a more enlightened era. As Marv would mine it (with a dragline), There’s CFB to be spring-trained and thunk about aplenty—

MG

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Why can't a football player have a little pot on him? Probably ok in AL. TAMU has a potential star suspended from school because of pot. Jimbo was quick to note it was not a football problem but the school was holding him out until they had a meeting with him today. Per info from TexAgs forum.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
No fretting, Wayne—Jimbo is the CFB Red Adair of putting out these picayune campfires (doobs). My understanding is he’s got aTm’s new character development intern, Crab Legs Winston, writing out a confession and taking the fall so the potential star’s good name won’t be dragged through the muck. Long live the Fulmer Cup and its exalted SEC affiliate placements

MG

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Yep. I'll bet he's on the field when practice starts on Monday. Weight .01 ounces of weed.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
In 2019 the NCAA paid $28 million in expenses for the Men's Basketball tournament, made $864.8 Million.
In 2019 the NCAA paid 14.5 million in expenses for the Women's Basketball tournament, lost $2.3 Million.

Do similar stats exist for FB?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Women only play football at vandy.
Stats.....one extra point......remember?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
In 2019 the NCAA paid $28 million in expenses for the Men's Basketball tournament, made $864.8 Million.
In 2019 the NCAA paid 14.5 million in expenses for the Women's Basketball tournament, lost $2.3 Million.

The point is? The NCAA funded basketball to the tune of 42.5 million and earned 862 million? Nice return on investment in most places.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Of course they do. With the exception(s) of CFB, depending on the universities (CBB.), & absolute outlier (College Baseball. Read LSU & I think that’s about it.), all other NCAA sports turn a deficit.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Sad day for football, an icon lost.......

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
The joy of choking still an apt title for ‘Bama hoops, rose—1-8 in Sweet Sixteen appearances in the Dance, and that win was almost accidental. Sorry, Jacob, won’t hijack your CFB thread with any more frippery and meaningless futility—

NG

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
The joy of choking still an apt title for ‘Bama hoops, rose—1-8 in Sweet Sixteen appearances in the Dance, and that win was almost accidental. Sorry, Jacob, won’t hijack your CFB thread with any more frippery and meaningless futility—

NG
Your response is disappointing! rather than praise the players & coach for doing as well as the team did you
choose to castigate them. You lost to a team from a school more storied in the BB world than you can ever
imagine your FB team will ever be. They get players because of that that in your wildest imagination would
never consider going to AL.

Basketball is a game that requires more intelligence than FB, so it is much harder to put together a winning
combination. I would welcome your coach to the PAC-12 anytime, he would make the conference much more
competitive.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Your response is disappointing! rather than praise the players & coach for doing as well as the team did you
choose to castigate them. You lost to a team from a school more storied in the BB world than you can ever
imagine your FB team will ever be. They get players because of that that in your wildest imagination would
never consider going to AL.

Basketball is a game that requires more intelligence than FB, so it is much harder to put together a winning
combination. I would welcome your coach to the PAC-12 anytime, he would make the conference much more
competitive.
Marvin, Don't be so hard on MG. You think he has no knowledge or recollection of Lucius, Henry, Sydney, Jamaal(you hated his shot didn't you), Bill, Lew? You think he doesn't know the 88 was bookended by Austin Carr(40 something) and Shumate(25ish on hurt back Walton)? We were there too!

I attribute the Alabama loss to two things....think about these theories Marvin.....

1. Better athletes.....if I coulda dunked in 7th grade, I woulda been slammin everytime from then on when I had a chance just like today's players. Who wants to shoot 100 free throws before and after practice when you could be windmilling a jam?

2. More cars......if mom is dropping you by school or you get your own ride and start driving to school at 16.....then you aint gonna shoot 100 free throws and 50 jumpers from each baseline while you are waiting on the school bus.

It was a good season for Alabama, though i just saw 4 games. The game against UCLA was a war, contested line to line and from the floor to 13 feet in the air by both teams on almost every possession........BUT.......It's a free throw Marvin, 44% on 25 attempts in a tournament game in regulation for ANY college team is a GAG.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Receiver who was on suspension for weed (.01 oz) is now off suspension. He participated in first day of spring drills.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
NCAA tests what's in thr system not what's in his pockets.

·
Registered
145 Posts

NG
In his SECOND season as head coach with mostly players he didnt recruit, it was an amazing season. Players and athletes will come to Bama now due to the wide open offense. This is just the beginning for Coach Oates teams.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
In his SECOND season as head coach with mostly players he didnt recruit, it was an amazing season. Players and athletes will come to Bama now due to the wide open offense. This is just the beginning for Coach Oats’ teams.
If Marv can quote us Sven Nader’s basketball IQ for the high post offense, I just might agree with you—

MG

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Demas was arrested by CS police for possession not use. Found in the car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts