RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
341 - 360 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
How much better could it get, Ohio State losing at home to the much maligned and disregarded PAC 12 :)

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Miracle at Mile High.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Wow.....looks like a SWC mismatch at 33 - 7 late 3rd.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Them Hogs'll run over a man's ass!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
How much better could it get, Ohio State losing at home to the much maligned and disregarded PAC 12 :)
It did get better as arrogant over rated Texas got mauled by former SWC rival Arkansas 😊 Welcome to the SEC tea sippers 😉

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
And the Pac-12's new superiority complex is sure grow after USC accomplished a great CFB distinction despite getting drubbed by (Our Marv's label for them) The Trees

rose, right on - them Sooeys will run over a man's arse then come back and roto-till it into composted corpuscles -

MG

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
It did get better as arrogant over rated Texas got mauled by former SWC rival Arkansas 😊 Welcome to the SEC tea sippers 😉
There's nothing like a football day when the scores just keep rolling in the way you wish them to!

MG, i haven't seen the entire documentary film yet but looking forward to it! How i miss the "tear away"! That game makes 0 - 2 Kstate look GOOD!;)

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 ·
Unless you wanted brain damage or to laugh @ the state of LSU football, there was no reason to watch the “game” yesterday. Believe me when I tell you that this is a return to, “The Krewe Of Curley” days. Unless Myles Brennan returns in a month or so as the 2nd coming of Dan Marino & can somehow play defense, 0-8 in conference is well within reach.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Jacob do you think Ed stole the playbook during the labor day weekend?

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
Negative. He did have an altercation down in Fourchon though. Nothing screams maturity from a HC like going to a person’s fishing camp with your son & trying to provoke a fight just because they said something about you better win the rest of the games. Yes. That was recorded by a cell phone and sent to the administration @ LSU. After the nonsense with the UCLA fan dad before the game, getting run out of that stadium during it, & then having that the same weekend, he’s certainly on the right track. Rumor is his boss doesn’t care much for him as is. How you make LSU look foolish in this day & time is beyond me, but he succeeded.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Is it goodbye Clay Helton......or hello new Alabama football analyst Clay Helton?

USC head coach.......Bill Obrien?.......Who's it gonna be.........top 10 job in football?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Jimbo may be the favorite - sorry, Wayne - another game or two like he's opened the season with, and Aggies might gladly pay interest on the buyout from his new contract, or even raise it to fold their hand. (Probably not before he gets a chance to show his stuff vs. Sark and the 'sips, if he lasts that long.)

Speaking of sad starts by storied coaches, Matt Campbell might want to look at Grinnell College (Go Flying Squirrels!) for his landing spot and Row the Garbage Scow Fleck at Minnesota has the hype souring from results, too.

New USC coach prediction: Lyle Allen "Butch" (formerly Botch, but now "Resurrected by Saban") Jones. New 'Bama analyst slash intern: rose's already made that call.

MG

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Check that, rose - I've consulted with Our Jacob during an adrenaline break from the hoot owl shift on the rig and he's already begun a leveraged buyout of the Rosy Finch Boyz LLC for the sole purpose of reinstating Ed "Student Body Laughed" Orgeron into the job that was always his to lose, head coach at USC. Thanks to Our Jacob's fiduciary savvy (and largesse!), he will henceforth occupy the YawYawFoobaw Chair of USC's Undoing of Sporting Defenestration†.

† Cit. Kiffin, Lane "Joey Freshwater," Sarkisian, Steve "Cher's Offensive Cousin," Robinson, John "Where Have I Gone - and How Did I Get There"

MG

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I think you are off on the wrong track about Jimbo. Last year we opened flat and got manhandled in next game. Then had a really good run.
But losing starting qb was a bad blow. Jimbo can coach up a qb. Look what he did with last qb. I am still concerned about O line. I still think 10-2 season

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
A re-call of O or Kiffin? C'mon MG......as long as they leave my choice for future coach alone it matters not........but Swami sees Kristobol in the crystal ball.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
I don’t understand much of what is written here.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I don’t understand much of what is written here.
Wayne, I think fact that you don’t understand the secret society chat between AL homers MG and Rose is a good thing. Some, but not all makes sense. They are tracing USC football back to the John Robinson era, invoking names of past coaches (Ed or O current LSU coach Orgeron), Kiffin (Monte’s son head coach of Oakland Raiders, TN, USC, Florida Atlantic, and Ole Miss), Sark, you know that one…much like our rivals in Austin USC is unsuccessfully seeking it’s old identity. Surprisingly no one has suggested that the last coach to win a Natl Championship at LSU be reinstated in Baton Rouge or take the reins at USC.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
If you're talking about the last 'Who national championship coach, that would be Orgeron. If you're talking about the penultimate (next-to-last) NC, that would be Le Smiles, who may be indicted soon for #MeToo peccadilloes and find himself "distance-coaching" USC from San Quentin, so long as extradition between Cali and La. was waived. (St. Nick Saban was the second LSU coach to win an NC, Paul Dietzel you may remember the first. Dietzel also later coached at USC - USC East, South C'lina.)

Another thing: it's true rose and I may be homers, Homers (as in Simpson), or gumps as in Forrest, but we ain't anti-aTm homers - we respect the shared tradition between "our" two favorite SEC schools. And on that note of reconciliation, we also express our regrets at pushing the envelope on Wayne's fandom and having bamboozled him here, in the CFB thread, especially when he's already got so much bamboozlement to contend with in deciphering his retriever training electronics. (On the latter issue, though he's been given a lot of good direct and indirect pressure advising on fixing things, I personally think it behooves Wayne to consult with Jimbo, who, as a Quarterback Whisperer, is figuratively and literally in his QB's head (or helmet) both with or without radiotelegraphy almost every minute of every day.)

MG

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Wayne, i would prefer to communicate things about college football that are understandable. My challenges to communicate effectively are much different than MG's in that I am very simple minded but have the gift of prophecy. On the other hand, MG's compositions are always elite in high-mindedness and he has the greatest of gifts for history.

Let's go back to the University of Southern California's, hereafter USC, newly announced coaching search. I don't think Ed Orgeron would be or should be a candidate for rehire at USC. I don't think Lane Kiffin would be but i think he should be a candidate for rehire at USC.(his tenure at USC was hampered by NCAA scholarship reduction penalties from the Carroll era under which no school has ever achieved great success).

I do think Mario Kristobol, coach at at Oregon should be a candidate for USC's head coach. The problem is Oregon is a better job now than USC.

Yesterday on the Finebaum show Keyshawn Johnson said, "I cried the first time I ran out of the tunnel at the Coliseum as a USC player. Players today don't know the tradition of Garret, Simpson, Cunningham, Swann, Alexander, Allen, White.......heck Paul, they don't even remember or have fondness of Palmer, Bush and Leinart!" So it's no longer the HUGE job(top 5) it should be.

I have also had "banter" with MG about future coaching replacements at Alabama. He likes to think Coach Swinney would return "when Mamma calls". Dabo is GREAT as a coach and a man. But he IS AT Clemso forever and every year Coach Saban extendeds reduces the likelihoodhe would ever leave.....imho. Plus MG is just trying to needle a confident JG......also imho.

I have made it clear Kristobol would be my "current" pick to replace Coach Saban. Kristobol is a RECRUITER. I will submit to you that if Mario Kristobol was coach at USC Nagee Harris would have never been at Alabama and DJ Ukulele would be starting as QB at USC right now with Bryce Young as his backup(or vice versa;))

Remember too, two years ago I commented on Kristobol having recruited big, fast, bruisers on both lines.......even a Thibodaux to Oregon.....never knowing Kevon would be the best player in football two years later......a Thibodaux should ONLY BE AT LSU. Only a Kristobol could bring him to Oregon.

Also note Wayne........not speaking in "code" takes up a bunch of space!

341 - 360 of 409 Posts