RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
If Marv can quote us Sven Nader’s basketball IQ for the high post offense, I just might agree with you—

MG
Back when Seattle had a BB team & the Kingdome they held NBA double headers preseason. A chance
to watch 4 teams go at it preseason. Sven played for the Clippers & up close was about as imposing a
figure as I have seen 5 feet away. 6'11", physically well proportioned & did fairly well financially for having
been Walton's backup during UCLA's run of championships.

We had a neighbor that was a soda salesman that provided us free front row tickets. Otherwise it was
the balcony for us.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
20210331_172036.jpg
Kiki always looked smartest to me.......but after the heyday!

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
You guys need to move all this BB stuff over to POTUS Place.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Marv has a mantra for that, rose:
Good genes make genius operators!

MG
Wayne, Russell always looked smart too, while always looking smart! I think maybe a nice pair of spectacles 👓 add to the perception.

20210401_054212.jpg

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
Back to FB! Is Watson remotely guilty or is he the intended victim of a well organized scam?
You insiders should know.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I'm guessing Watson is being played for money. It's very easy to throw out accusations. I had an employee go through the HR manual and accuse me of every transgression mentioned. Including the sexual/racial stuff.
She resigned after my very smart lawyer polled all the remotely connected employees and asked them several questions including what race do you think she is. All said white except one said Jewish. On her employment application she declared white but in her complaint against me she said she was Hispanic. Go figure.
But this should probably be in POTUS place.

·
Registered
9,182 Posts

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
DW was the rage on this forum a few years ago.
Marvin, You are correct. Deshaun Watson gave the toughest performance in at least "playoff history" against Alabama, up until (maybe) the game Justn Fields had this year. Watson was hit, hit again, fell behind and got windmilled by two linebackers in the first half. Then he came back and scored every possession of the second half, including a game winning 4 minute drive and score with 4 seconds left passing to Renfro. He is a college football hero in.my book. Discussion of allegations against him seems fair here to me.

Wayne, 20 simultaneously, sort of, civil suits all filed anonymously through the same attorney seems a little funny.....but, why is there documented contact with so many massage therapists in a year's time, why are the allegations so similar and what about the sports illustrated story(allegations predate the others and not associated with Buzzbee)

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don’t have on my orange colored glasses here. I have no idea why Watson had sooo many message therapists in different places. Some say he was inappropriate with them, but just as many are speaking out he was not in there experience.

I have no clue.

I do believe he should not have put himself in that situation.

Keeping to CFB subject matter, our next generational QB could be the best yet. No joke. 6’5” and 250 from California with a rocket attached to his right arm. In his first road start at ND while Trevor had COVID, he threw for more yards at their place than any other QB, in ND history, which is long and storied. They should be motivated in 2021.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Speaking of orange-colored glasses and “sooo many massage therapists,” jg—All it takes is one. Deshaun’s lawyer needs to depose ol’ Peytie Boy or hire him as a friendly witness for his “flashy” shenanigans in Knoxville all those years ago.

I’ll see your generational Clemps QB and raise you a 4th generation ‘Bama QB—that would be Bear Bryant’s great grandson, Paul Tyson, competing for the starting position going into the spring. If only St. Nick can come up with a GenX Don Hutson offspring on the receiving end—

MG

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
When I was a little boy Don Hutson's mom was my Sunday school teacher. After I went in the army John David Crow attended our little Methodist Church. TAMU qb sat next to me in an english class. We were just two students. Back then football players were just people. It sure is different now.
I love college football but not so much pro football. College football, with tv, has become so much more accessible. And I like that.

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
I do believe he should not have put himself in that situation.
For some reason that does not seem to be taught by parents much any more.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Where are the videos? Remember Kraft, owner of Patriots? It’s easy to allege and no penalty for false claims.
Young people do stupid things Marvin. My parents taught me all but when I went out on my own near a Mexican border town in early 60s I found the wild side. And I was only living on a 2LT pay not millions.
it’s been over 50 years since I visited a similar place but it would be hard not to have a sexual encounter with all the teasing.

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
In today's world I can see the possibility of pay for play entering if one is overly wealthy to keep things discreet.
In my day no one was wealthy, so the need to pay was not there. The challenge of the chase & it's fulfillment
was many times the best part of an encounter. TBS, it was all good.

All's well that ends well.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts