RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
501 - 520 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
10,013 Posts
Nice prognosticating, rose! Not you though, Dr EdA - but congrats to aTm and deservedly so—

MG
I didn’t even get the over/under right but big time win for the Aggies. Backup QB stood up big on the big stage. The win didn’t salvage the season but it makes whatever else happens more palatable.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
No Nick not golf but football.

Reactions: roseberry

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Nice prognosticating, rose!

MG
This was a KILLER entire day of football......but my prognostication was ON....then off.....then on again.......then OFF!

Nebraska truely put it together today but barely let me down.
Sark came out like a world beater but let me down(neither one of us saw that qb change coming)
Razorbacks did run......and pass......(crappy play on 2pt conv) but how does Miss look like that this week after last week?

Iowa did me a solid!

Great day of football and especially for the TAMU program!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
No Nick not golf but football.
Knock it off, Wayne, or the Bear up above will ask Bobby Nichols to visit your psyche!

Knew aTm was fated for the win, the only part of my prediction that was off was JFF not coming back for a COVID-eligible game and if the kid had stayed in the medical tent, I'm fairly certain that's what would have gone down on that last drive.

You also could argue that 'Bama's DC, a DNA combination of Auric Goldfinger, Richard Dreyfuss and Shirley Temple, did a great job adjusting in the second half to get them back in the game. That argument, along with the rest of his body of work, carries the weightiness of a fruit fly cadaver.

Still, as Our Jacob (another stellar prognosticator of his own rooting interest) would say, to this day no less, "In Saint Nick we trust." As for the man who got his arse beat, he got not a coaching moment from the outcome, but a coaching volume, and within about 10 seconds of the inevitable split of the uprights, was gleefully giving the Saban stare to the rest of a crazy CFB season. How 'bout them Dawgs!

MG

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·
I mean, what is there to say? November 14, 1998 against VANDY was the last time KY beat a SEC team by 20+ points. That record fell last night. They played, “Calling Baton Rouge.” They ran for 330 yards. I tried to tell anyone who would listen that their lines would bully LSU. I tried to tell them it would be ugly.

This was me during the 1st Half.
Blazer Facial hair Wood Suit Event

This was me shortly into the 2nd Half.

Sports uniform Font Event Facial hair Player

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
The Ducks beat the Buckeye's soundly yet the Buckeye's are ahead of the Ducks in the polls.
Michigan & Michigan State barely beat Nebraska yet they are ranked in the top 10 & the little 10
has 5 teams in the top 10. Are sports writers & coaches short of intellectual capacity or just lazy?

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
That’s funny.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
They do a funny one every week don't they Wayne! I think i forgot to post last week's, but this one was pretty good.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Uh-oh, Marv - pandemic pandemonium on the Palouse but here come the Throwin' Samoan trying to broker comity and good will:

I personally am looking to you to develop another vaccine option - beyond ivermectin and copious helpings of huckleberry pie. Maybe fortified Boraxo tablets!

MG

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
Uh-oh, Marv - pandemic pandemonium on the Palouse but here come the Throwin' Samoan trying to broker comity and good will:

I personally am looking to you to develop another vaccine option - beyond ivermectin and copious helpings of huckleberry pie. Maybe fortified Boraxo tablets!

MG
Another God fearing coach headed for mediocrity!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Another God fearing coach headed for mediocrity!
No God fearing man is gonna survive in a "religion is the opiate" state environment anyway Marvin!

He may be better off down here where "college football is the methamphetamine" environment, don't you think?

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
No God fearing man is gonna survive in a "religion is the opiate" state environment anyway Marvin!

He may be better off down here where "college football is the methamphetamine" environment, don't you think?
I miss Mike Leach, though moving to MS to listen to his stuff won't be an option.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I miss Mike Leach, though moving to MS to listen to his stuff won't be an option.
OK, Marv, how ‘bout moving next door to AL to listen to constituents’ stuff as the new sporting, ore and Second Amendment coordinator for Senator Tuberville?

MG

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
MG is right Marvin, we get all Mike's stuff over here!

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
One of the few folks I know of from AL would be the "Snake".
Apparently an interesting person. He still around?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Unfortunately Ken Stabler passed a couple of years ago.

I had the great fortune to meet him once in the late 90's. I have always given and appreciated a good firm right handshake. Even though The Snake and I were both southpaws the limp wet fish handshake was one of the suprises of a lifetime!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Ok, now that the college football reigns of both Clemso and Alabama are now eternally OVER......is anyone interested in the topic of THE TARGETING call in our favorite game??????

The goal line call in the Auburn Penn State game is the most ridiculous I have witnessed. We discussed it here(Tim and I did anyway).

Early in the TAMU bama game a starting db was ejected for what looked to me like face mask to face mask contact with the TAMU qb. Then later in the game two players were flagged(one bama and one TAMU) and the calls reviewed and reversed for what appeared to me to be more dangerous hitting collisions.

I get "crown of the helmet", "launching", "defenseless player", and I get protecting players from head injury and concussion......but i don't get ejection when there was none of the above? I see it all the time, some reversed, some not.

There are already "unnecessary roughness", "roughing the passer" and other personal foul infraction calls with potential game changing penalties........besides ejection.

I would propose two levels of hardships be imposed for the many varied ways of penalizing a team and player. One ejection, one distance.

501 - 520 of 619 Posts