RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
521 - 540 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
10,013 Posts
Ok, now that the college football reigns of both Clemso and Alabama are now eternally OVER......is anyone interested in the topic of THE TARGETING call in our favorite game??????

The goal line call in the Auburn Penn State game is the most ridiculous I have witnessed. We discussed it here(Tim and I did anyway).

Early in the TAMU bama game a starting db was ejected for what looked to me like face mask to face mask contact with the TAMU qb. Then later in the game two players were flagged(one bama and one TAMU) and the calls reviewed and reversed for what appeared to me to be more dangerous hitting collisions.

I get "crown of the helmet", "launching", "defenseless player", and I get protecting players from head injury and concussion......but i don't get ejection when there was none of the above? I see it all the time, some reversed, some not.

There are already "unnecessary roughness", "roughing the passer" and other personal foul infraction calls with potential game changing penalties........besides ejection.

I would propose two levels of hardships be imposed for the many varied ways of penalizing a team and player. One ejection, one distance.
I agree, the targeting rule is so subjective that It is not applied uniformly. There are flagrant unnecessary roughness incidents that are much worse than incidental helmet to helmet contact. It is apparent from the speed of the game and the intensity of play that some of these collisions are unavoidable. I think pass interference is another highly subjective rule that is invoked non uniformly.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
The only thing SEC officials do uniformly is suit up in their zebra unis... But I'll say this for 'Bama - the occasional targeting call at least reinforces the idea that their defense might instinctively be trying to make a tackle, instead of vacating the general area (code) of their defensive responsibilities with arms flapping in the wind...

MG

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Ok, now that the college football reigns of both Clemso and Alabama are now eternally OVER......is anyone interested in the topic of THE TARGETING call in our favorite game??????

The goal line call in the Auburn Penn State game is the most ridiculous I have witnessed. We discussed it here(Tim and I did anyway).

Early in the TAMU bama game a starting db was ejected for what looked to me like face mask to face mask contact with the TAMU qb. Then later in the game two players were flagged(one bama and one TAMU) and the calls reviewed and reversed for what appeared to me to be more dangerous hitting collisions.

I get "crown of the helmet", "launching", "defenseless player", and I get protecting players from head injury and concussion......but i don't get ejection when there was none of the above? I see it all the time, some reversed, some not.

There are already "unnecessary roughness", "roughing the passer" and other personal foul infraction calls with potential game changing penalties........besides ejection.

I would propose two levels of hardships be imposed for the many varied ways of penalizing a team and player. One ejection, one distance.
Agreed 100%
It is a high speed contact sport.
Frequently the defensive player and offensive player's helmets come into contact in unintended circumstances where the defensive player gets blocked into the QB's helmet, or where the two players had independently launched towards an area other than the ballcarriers head while the ballcarrier simultaneously gets blocked or changes his positioning which inadvertantly results in helmet to helmet contact.
BS rule that frequently results in unfair interpretation............. with very impactful consequences

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Looked like a poor call on 9.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Lol wayne......
Coke in my family regards

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Lol wayne......
Coke in my family regards
That Wayne's a sly ol' dog, rose - giving us back our own medicine through the prism of the really, really wayback Junction Boys, of which he happens to be, hisownself. And Coke is the kool-aid koan he's making us lap up...and drown our sorrows in -

MG

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Disclaimer: For Mature Audiences Only. When viewing the above, keep in mind (and in your mind's eye) The Bear's five favorite words:

Rectangle Font Parallel Poster Number

MG

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 · (Edited)
Here comes UF info town. Who could forget how last year’s game ended?

“He who doesn’t want to be in playoff contention, throw the 1st cleat.”

Marco 2:48

Sports equipment Shorts Jersey Helmet Sports gear

This year, forget about it. LSU can’t stop the run. Only Army & The Air Force Academy run it better than UF. LSU gets bludgeoned in an 11 o’clock KO for homecoming.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Someone has a very creative mind. Sometimes I can even decipher the post. And when I can they are mostly funny.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Another Cristobal crystal ball Duck egg, rose - I've got 'em (Zer-0-gon) in the FCS playoff round of 24 vs. Presbyterian (of course, that's if Presby gets by Clemps in their S'C'lina rivalry playoff opener. What's up with that, jg?) Dino Babers playing hacky sack with his cajones playing for a tie in the 'Dome? 4th and 1 FG fail, opposed to using a RB at 150 yards rushing on the night going for the win? Sad, very sad to see the whole ACC clempsoning (that's clempsoning of yore, jg - still think there's too much talent for Dabo to flounder like y'all have).

MG

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
The ducks QB is below par. Justin Wilcox ix a good coach,
not sure if he is a good recruiter. He'd make a good next
Husky coach, Lake isn't doing it.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Swami says......

LSU Florida.........gators win as Jacob predicted
TAMU Mizzoo.......aggies may let down a bit after winning their circled game......but not THAT much
Kentucky Georgia.......Georgia can do this......it's still Kentucky
Auburn and Arkansas........i wanna say boogs win........but i cant
Cincy Indy........i wanna say hooziers......what the hell........hooziers winn
Tennessee Mississippi........Swami's game of the day, watch this one......Mississippi wins a good one!

Sorry so late......busy.

Oh yeah.......Mississippi St bama......how does a team that wrecked the everlasting mother**** out of TAMU rushing 3 not kill Young today? Idk, but how does bama d play, ol miss or tamu? Bama i guess?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
My memory of who's on who is almost as bad as my swami-ing.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
My memory of who's on who is almost as bad as my swami-ing.
Nah, just that Our Jacob and the art of Jr. swami’ing is showing you up - what was he saying again about somebody’s not LSU’s running game potency guaranteeing a Rosy Finch Boyz LLC flambé ing?

MG

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
One more win and we're bowl eligible. LOL.

521 - 540 of 619 Posts