RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
681 - 700 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I hear swami’s put his prediction on the renaming of All Bran’s Jordan-Hairsin Stadium on hold - that is, unless the outcome of today’s game under the current (at least until Dec. 8) coach commemorates it “extra label” as the Ivermectin Collapseum. More cowbell, rose—

MG

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Who knew Baylor had such a good Defense? Or everyone knew OK was suspect.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
We got our butts whooped. Had a chance to come back but our qb threw two interceptions. Not good.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Wayne and Doc, sorry but this year's Swami jinx rolls on. But we did predict a need for great quarterback play....I thought the aggies defense was gonna get it done at the start of the second half.

So it looks like bama, with a head to head against the Rebs, only needs to beat Arkansas OR Auburn to make the SEC Championship game........and be slobbered on by them Dawgs! Hmmmmmmm?

Oklahoma's pattern of narrow escapes was also Swami jinxed. I supposed, even though the Vols exceeded my expectations, Georgia is the only team that is strong enough to jinx the jinx!

·
Registered
9,637 Posts

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Shameful is Texas getting beaten by Kansas and a five game losing streak. I found something to smile about.

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
Reactions: roseberry

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Obviously, everyone in the SEC missed the play when they did not target Buffalo's coach.
So now he's making KS competitive 🆒
You do realize that the coaching tenure that saw TX become irrelevant now resides in the ACC.
& is competitive!
Doggone but you do have long-term memory problems, Marv - 'cept for that 64-yard dropkick you made in 1919 vs. Iron Oregon Metallurgy & Mines Tech of course. The last Buffalo Bulls coach not "targeted" by the SEC was Turner Gill who All Bran passed on over Breadtruck Chuck Barkley's recommendation and who then also went to KU and promptly belly flopped going 1-16 in the Big 12 over two seasons before he was fired.

If the newly overlooked guy was passed over by the SEC, he was passed over by almost everybody else, too - he's a first-year head coach at KU going on 58 years old and really made his bones at the DIII level when he won about a thousand games at Wisconsin-Whitewater. (And with that reference, we can come full circle, as in hoops, to tell you about a coach the SEC - and the Crimson Tide specifically, didn't "not target" and who really has got a team competitive on the national level- 'Bama basketball coach Nate Oats - who was an assistant at Wisconsin-Whitewater, then at Buffalo, before becoming head coach there and then lured away to make a moribund program, like, really, really relevant in Tuscaloosa. To my biased eyes, Oats is the modern day Adolph Rupp for 'Bama.)

As for "the coaching tenure that saw TX become irrelevant now resid(ing) in the ACC," Mack Brown at least won a NC for sips and to his further credit was the sacrificial lamb for Saban's reign of terror atop CFB. (If only Colt hadn't got hurt...yada yada yada.) As for his return to UNC - meh, I was never a fan, but give him credit for persevering and for still having some fire left in the boiler.

And lastly, I'm also questioning your short-term memory, since it's been almost week and you've yet to comment on the latest installment of the South Dakota Showdown, Jacks vs. 'Yotes - especially the miraculous cure for the injured Coyote player who threw down his crutches in celebration at Lourdes (the Vermillion version, a k a the U of SoDak end zone) at the end of the game-winning play - watch for him in the back of the end zone in the video replay below. I'm also sure the 'Yotes also appreciate your providing a precision quartz game clock that preserved one second for launching the Hail Mary. 'Cause you know, good quartz, well good ore, makes good clock operators, especially if it's home clocking. Lots of stuff to comprehend here, Marv - but all yours for the mineral analytics:

MG

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Good post MG, I originally thought Marvin WAS talking about Turner Gill. I started to mention it myself but couldn't remember details like wheather it was Charles Barkley or Jesse Jackson pushing him for that instate job.

As to those Big 12'ers getting into the SEC, I have very sound inside informers saying that we shouldn't be suprised if we see personnel so enthusiastic about the move that they will not even wait on their own teams to move in order to get into the SEC!

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
Doggone but you do have long-term memory problems, Marv - 'cept for that 64-yard dropkick you made in 1919 vs. Iron Oregon Metallurgy & Mines Tech of course. The last Buffalo Bulls coach not "targeted" by the SEC was Turner Gill who All Bran passed on over Breadtruck Chuck Barkley's recommendation and who then also went to KU and promptly belly flopped going 1-16 in the Big 12 over two seasons before he was fired.

If the newly overlooked guy was passed over by the SEC, he was passed over by almost everybody else, too - he's a first-year head coach at KU going on 58 years old and really made his bones at the DIII level when he won about a thousand games at Wisconsin-Whitewater. (And with that reference, we can come full circle, as in hoops, to tell you about a coach the SEC - and the Crimson Tide specifically, didn't "not target" and who really has got a team competitive on the national level- 'Bama basketball coach Nate Oats - who was an assistant at Wisconsin-Whitewater, then at Buffalo, before becoming head coach there and then lured away to make a moribund program, like, really, really relevant in Tuscaloosa. To my biased eyes, Oats is the modern day Adolph Rupp for 'Bama.)

As for "the coaching tenure that saw TX become irrelevant now resid(ing) in the ACC," Mack Brown at least won a NC for sips and to his further credit was the sacrificial lamb for Saban's reign of terror atop CFB. (If only Colt hadn't got hurt...yada yada yada.) As for his return to UNC - meh, I was never a fan, but give him credit for persevering and for still having some fire left in the boiler.

And lastly, I'm also questioning your short-term memory, since it's been almost week and you've yet to comment on the latest installment of the South Dakota Showdown, Jacks vs. 'Yotes - especially the miraculous cure for the injured Coyote player who threw down his crutches in celebration at Lourdes (the Vermillion version, a k a the U of SoDak end zone) at the end of the game-winning play - watch for him in the back of the end zone in the video replay below. I'm also sure the 'Yotes also appreciate your providing a precision quartz game clock that preserved one second for launching the Hail Mary. 'Cause you know, good quartz, well good ore, makes good clock operators, especially if it's home clocking. Lots of stuff to comprehend here, Marv - but all yours for the mineral analytics:

MG
Not a memory issue, just thought I heard that on a broadcast about the Buffalo coach.

As for the SD thing, what coach calls a pass play to set up the clock stopping so this
can happen. Ordell Braase regards.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
D
Eric, you may have lost count of MH passes, but the stats man (or woman) for Cal-Davis has kept precise tabs on the number of his pickups, as in picking up the “kickoff tee”

https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/wonder...Wv7dtgMEOpSCrj50rzqh6R8FoyX1gIC9Z5b4vCFKFqk3Y

MG
I did a bit more research on "Pint the Wonder Dog". When she was training him to pick up the tee, he started to go after the football itself. Danika felt it was because it was shaped much like a duck. So, she simply leashed him. However, he still would go for the "duck" so she took to covering his eyes during the kick-off. Also, after a couple years of working, a new kicker arrived on the scene who used a green tee. Pint was confused because it melded with the grass. After a couple tries and the kicker seeing how important Pint was to the team, the kicker changed to the black tee.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I did a bit more research on "Pint the Wonder Dog". When she was training him to pick up the tee, he started to go after the football itself. Danika felt it was because it was shaped much like a duck. So, she simply leashed him. However, he still would go for the "duck" so she took to covering his eyes during the kick-off. Also, after a couple years of working, a new kicker arrived on the scene who used a green tee. Pint was confused because it melded with the grass. After a couple tries and the kicker seeing how important Pint was to the team, the kicker changed to the black tee.
Now Eric, if Danika had only trained the toller to pick the 8-ball out of the side pocket for the Cal-Davis billiards team, it would have been like picking up a black goose, and the distinction clearly could have been made

Dog Dog breed Sky Tire Carnivore

But I guess - and actually my own experience tells me, tollers are too smart for that little ploy and can be shady characters to boot, the older they get, the shadier...

Sky Tree Plant Wood Beak

But man would I love to have one of them Pint bobbleheads they handed out for his farewell to CFB - way, way cool and what a great little dog (Pint the special teams star)

MG

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
This is the week Swami tries to, at least, accurately forecast who is playing who from scheduling done years ago! Let's see if the tea leaves cooperate........

Spartans and Buckeyes......liking the Spartan coach......liking the Buckeye qb more.....TOSU WINS!

Iowa St and Oklahoma.......I like the Sooners playing hard for Riley......so they can go with him.

Ducks and Utes......you can never tell about Coach Kyle, he can mess you up......though my pick is Ducks.....Whittingham can get a team up!

Huskers and Bucky......I have been picking Coach Frost to get Nebraska going all season......but they are like Texas and Tennessee......they have enough players for 3 quarters but not yet enough for 4.......good luck Huskers but Wisconsin wins.

Clemson and Wake......big game for both teams.......Dabo brings the team to play, and wins a close one! My game to watch today(and I've never said that about a Deacon game before)

Bama and Tuskers.......I said "them Hogs will run over a man's ass"........and they will today......picking Tide for a late win!

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
UT has lost six in a row.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Not liking spartan coach anymore......lol
So rose you’re saying they may have overpaid by what?,$93.5M on Mel’s new $95M contract? Our Jacob and LSU might be disappointed that they lost out to Sparty for him at that price—

And Wayne, we’re thinking another six in a row for the sips and Sark’s back running ‘Bama’s offense. Which would be eminently better’n Bill O’Brien running it in the ground…

MG

681 - 700 of 805 Posts