RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
701 - 720 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Don’t wanna go premature swami on you, rose, but I see the Cristobal crystal ball channeling “Cousin Vinny” Gambini on “The Utes” proving that Zer-O-Gon is same old, same old folded effing Ducks— 28-0 at the half and done, done.

MG

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
UT not bowl eligible.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Two P5 Florida 5-6 teams playing this Saturday. Who gets a bowl invite. I think FSU.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Florida needs a coach too. Mullen is gone.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Is Napier a good fit for FL?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Is Napier a good fit for FL?
That’s a fair question. In my opinion, LSU, UGA, and the OSU are the easiest coaching jobs in the country. Simply bc they don’t have a strong in-state competitor and they Can essentially lock down a great state to recruit from. Just my opinion. Not so much in Florida.

Billy was fired by Dabo. Has he grown? or been the benefactor of Saban and LA/LSU 2nd tier scraps. It’s a fair question. I personally wouldn’t hire him for a big time gig. Time will tell though. Folks are over paying every where, MSU, PSU, etc.

It’s becoming the minor NFL league which is sad.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Florida needs a coach too. Mullen is gone.
Go ahead and get it out, Wayne - don't be bashful. You're taking care of family with posts like this, not a thing wrong with it. Giving strongest recommendation to cousin Houston Nutt for any of the P5 jobs that have come open in recent weeks shows the bonds of family ("fambly" in All Bran linguistics) on open if somewhat oblique display. When you endorse Cuz and all but demand that presidents and BoTs for institutions in need of character, charm, leadership and winning ways uber alles, make that call and get straight to the point

Yellow Font Line Rectangle Pattern

jg, welcome back and the overpaying and commitment by Pedo State to Franklin must be financed by pet rock futures, no way they could be that stupid (sorry, that genius) in retaining a coach 82% of the fanbase loathes for the "elite program" he still aspires to build...

And as for Mullen, at least he went out without resorting to some cockamamie bull about a contract having been taken out on him by the Miami mob, a la McIlwain his predecessor.

rose, tough year for sports reporters in Alabama, but never forget Bear's response of yesteryear when told a member of the Fourth Estate who covered the Crimson Tide had passed away and asked to contribute ten bucks toward funeral expenses:
"Here's a $20 - bury two of 'em..."

MG

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Took me a while to get BoTs.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Wow, it's already "rivalry week", the last week of a very unpredictable and surprising season.......(unpredictable for all but the 36% success rate Swami). Lets get to it........

Clemson and South Carolina......the SC team is on a definite upswing making this game appear to be a Swami pick to be a competitive, must watch contest. Swami says, "watch the first half, then make other plans, Coach Swinney has FINALLY got his team on an upswing too!" Clemson wins!

FSU and Florida......I think with all the craziness I am picking FSU. Gator Haters everywhere should watch this game because things are gonna change in Gainesville once Lane Kiffin, Billy Napier, Lincoln Riley, or whoever shows up......right?

Georgia and The Wreck......the only reason I pick this blowout is because I just Swamified two ACC teams to win over our beloved SEC squads above. Georgia, then more Georgia and some more Georgia! Two massive beat downs in a row for Tech!

Nebraska and Iowa.......Nebraska is sooooo close and lord knows they hate Iowa. They will be close again, Iowa wins. Stick with Frost.

Notre Dame and Stanford.......David Shaw, you know I think you are cool, give me a reason! Don't let anyone have Notre Dame in the playoff to be blown out again.........Swami picks the Irish in spite of his wishes!

TAMU and LSU.......I think Jimbo will not lose 4 conference games because that would put him just a little to close too Dan Mullen......ever think about what might have been if Mullen got the last second 3 pointer instead of our hero Jimbo this season? I do.

Washington State and Washington......I really don't know which is which, but if I pick Washington then I am five keystrokes closer to predicting something someone cares about. Washington!

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State......Lincoln Riley wins his last regular season game as a Sooner.......na, something telks me mullet man wins! State!

Oregon and Oregon State.......we can't, in these times, in this state, still call this game something as insensitive as "The Civil War" can we? Nope, but I predict Oregon to win in the, hmmm let me see, contest of two equally progressive entities, hmmmm what can we call it.......I got it.......it's no longer the "Civil War", Swami renames it......"The Peaceful Protest"! Yep, nice ring to it! Oregon wins the Peaceful Protest!

The Ohio State and Michigan.......Harbaugh saves his job......by losing to his biggest rival yet again! Swami still liking that qb AND recievers Tim!

Alabama and Auburn.......Auburn wins because Coach Saban, as Doc already pointed out, has warned us to appreciate the wins we already have this year! When a Swami reads between those lines it says, "appreciate the ones you got because them is all you're getting....a'ight!" Boogs new qb gets better and wouldn't you know The Tank is now healthy too! Sad day for Golding.

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
Wow, it's already "rivalry week", the last week of a very unpredictable and surprising season.......(unpredictable for all but the 36% success rate Swami). Lets get to it........

Washington State and Washington......I really don't know which is which, but if I pick Washington then I am five keystrokes closer to predicting something someone cares about. Washington!
It's Wazzu, easy to spell. I think the Coug's have a good chance this year! The kids care!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
jg, on archrival Saturday, happy to see Clemps leading the fight to eradicate a pest on the ACC landscape, actually, on the CFB landscape (and it ain't Notre Dim, Cocky or All Bran, though it could be all three!)

MG

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Anyone watching "The Ohio State" @ Michigan?

Wonder who will win and get into the playoffs.......

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Update that post....Swami is one and one because the Huskers need 4 more massive d linemen to win a 4th qtr.

·
Registered
9,637 Posts
I am watching because it’s two 1 loss teams in an historic rivalry game, I have no dog in the fight, so why do I so enjoy tOSU losing?🤔
Because it's not the same without Woody Hayes.

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
I am watching because it’s two 1 loss teams in an historic rivalry game, I have no dog in the fight, so why do I so enjoy tOSU losing?🤔
An instant classic and a bit of an upset.
(The snow was awesome!)
Wisconsin can win against MN and play MI in the Big 10 title game.

Congrats to MI!

GO BUCKY!

701 - 720 of 805 Posts