RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
981 - 1000 of 1053 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Someone started a rumor that NCAA is investigating TAMU for violating NIL rules. Since there are virtually no rules, I wonder which rule we violated. Again a post on a message board with a fake name.
Someone said, if you can't put your name on it, it's not worth saying. Right MG!

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Wow, the Swami's alter ego sure got triggered last night!

But it's time for a prediction, and the Swami is on a typical 40% roll(if you count the ol miss early 1st qtr injury as "not playing" vs baylor)!

It would seem that a "cut and paste" from early December would be all that was needed, especially after that Johnny Mac call in. But just like the loss to TAMU awakened the tide from feeling invincible, maybe, just maybe that Georgia team sleepwalked through a regular season of greatness.

Swami can't divine whether he's being influenced by "talking head tough to beat twice" sports personalities or his regular old sixth sense.......more to come......

And Wayne, Swami predicts that spending one's own money is not a violation, don't worry! Plus, what's an NCAA?

·
Registered
10,228 Posts

But it's time for a prediction, and the Swami is on a typical 40% roll(if you count the ol miss early 1st qtr injury as "not playing" vs baylor)!

It would seem that a "cut and paste" from early December would be all that was needed, especially after that Johnny Mac call in. But just like the loss to TAMU awakened the tide from feeling invincible, maybe, just maybe that Georgia team sleepwalked through a regular season of greatness.

Swami can't divine whether he's being influenced by "talking head tough to beat twice" sports personalities or his regular old sixth sense.......more to come......

And Wayne, Swami predicts that spending one's own money is not a violation, don't worry! Plus, what's an NCAA?
I checked the tea leaves and they’re saying AL 24 GA 20, while there are no statistical records of tea leaves accuracy they should approach picking the winner 50% of the time.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
tea leaves accuracy they should approach picking the winner 50% of the time.
This statement might be construed to be looking at a 40% Swami rate as less than blindfolded coin flipping? Let me think about that.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
This statement might be construed to be looking at a 40% Swami rate as less than blindfolded coin flipping? Let me think about that.
The statistical average of blind versus sighted coin flipping would seem to be identical with the obvious variable how many times was the coin flipped? If it was only ten the possibility of 60/40 or 70/30 is much greater than if the coin was flipped 100 times and much less still if it was flipped 1000 times. I never indulged in advanced mathematics but I suspect that there is a formula in permutations and combinations which covers that. As to the time honored urban legend about the difficulty of one team defeating another in the same season seems a vast oversimplification with many variables and therefore unreliable.

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
But it's time for a prediction,
In one of my gig's as a lead Engineer at the Boeing Company I had a boss who liked
a morning donut. He also liked the fact that someone else could pay for that donut. So
he challenged me to match for the donuts. Early on it was a fairly even match & then I
should have gone to Vegas. For over a month he paid for the donuts & the atmosphere
was getting tense. I could not stop winning, I let him have the call, but it still kept coming
up in my favor, nary a break. Fortunately there was another area that needed my services
& I was moved. By the time that happened the streak was close to 2 months & though he
tried to get me to come to his area again I always remembered the donuts.

Reactions: roseberry

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Yep, i bred to a carrier once and was 8 for 10 clear! But my football pickin', ehhhh NSM!;)

But I'm predicting I can stimulate this 4-5 man thread enough to get to 1000 posts!:)

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
But I'm predicting I can stimulate this 4-5 man thread enough to get to 1000 posts!:)
We are a rare and dying breed but the exchanges are interesting and mentally stimulating including my position as interpreter of MG for Wayne.😉

·
Registered
9,771 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
We are a rare and dying breed but the exchanges are interesting and mentally stimulating including my position as interpreter of MG for Wayne.😉
My sympathies - afraid I’ve put you in a position akin to Charlie Krueger having to interpret Timothy Leary’s (‘Bama ROTC cadet ‘43) psychedelic take on the Bear hearing Mama calling through a two-bar facemask—

MG

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
I think the Georgia Bulldogs team will put more pressure on Bryce Young tonight. Though he NEVER gives a facial expression of being pressured and appears as cool as a cucumber in all situations, watch his feet. Those feet were not as cool as his face against Cincinnati.

Young is slippery though, but he will be spied. Alabama should imo move him in planned ways tonight to bring Dean to him and create intermediate passing. Bama needs to have Bolden create a "Renfro" type performance in the absence of Metchie even though #7 can come up big!

Bama has big dback injuries but I don't understand how anyone defends the hulk of super humanity of that dawg tight end.. Tide must get after the qb big time to hold him up in protection a bit and lay serious safety wood to his body if he extends for a catch!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Wayne...

Or, Wayne!

I'm interpreting rose's exegesis above like he's "one of those ND admin types" you referenced on some earlier intel - sorry, make that "one of those NCD analyst types" (National Championship Defense analyst types). And my interpretation of what rose's exegesisizing about is, 'Bama better be bringing the wood!

And to commend Dr. EdA for his interpretation of "The Last Picture Show," I can only add that "the last picture show" in "The Last Picture Show" was "Red River" (1948) which featured John "The Duke" Wayne, Paul William "Bear" Bryant's doppelganger, and we gumps all be hopin' the latter's lookin' down right favorably on what transpires this evenin' in Indy.

MG

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
And to commend Dr. EdA for his interpretation of "The Last Picture Show," I can only add that "the last picture show" in "The Last Picture Show" was "Red River" (1948) which featured John "The Duke" Wayne, Paul William "Bear" Bryant's doppelganger, and we gumps all be hopin' the latter's lookin' down right favorably on what transpires this evenin' in Indy.

MG
Methinks you gumps are attempting to equate someone of local & possibly regional fame with:
a person who is a National Treasure if one is a fan of mostly "B" grade westerns which RR was
a cut above.

If you are a true fan of the western genre I would have expected that "The Big Country" would
have been on your list but then realized it depicted tendencies foreign to the SEC world.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Methinks you gumps are attempting to equate someone of local & possibly regional fame with:
a person who is a National Treasure if one is a fan of mostly "B" grade westerns which RR was
a cut above.

If you are a true fan of the western genre I would have expected that "The Big Country" would
have been on your list but then realized it depicted tendencies foreign to the SEC world.
Marv, I'm a true fan of just beyond the western genre and where the black hats get their comeuppance. Some of 'em even have the societal progress¹ injustice showdown in your neck of the geological realm, "Bad Day at Black Rock" maybe -

with others - say, "Barbarosa" - just capitalizing on crimson being a superior shade of red or color of the iron ore that stiffens a Red Headed Stranger's spine, no matter where the high sierra takes you for exacting revenge! Also, a little "bad blood" transfusion from Sam Peckinpah never hurt nobody but the bad guys.

MG

¹ roseberry #962

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
The one scene in [email protected] was a classic. I always equated Spencer to the Priest in "Boys Town".

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
The tea leaves say the SEC is going to win another National Championship, the 12th in the last 16 years, the outliers Clemson 2 and one each FSU and tOSU

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Wow, tide and dawgs.......again.

RB is root'n for the tide.

Swami is seeing Georgia DUE for a win.

Best of luck to two fine programs.

MG I'm pretty sure the only thing close to a western movie those latte' sippin' SeaTac boys watch over and over is Giant!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I’m rooting for AL.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
But are you watching the jimbo simulcast?

981 - 1000 of 1053 Posts