RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1001 - 1020 of 1053 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Pulling for Bama to be honest. These closet/newbie bulldog flags, shirts, etc that have come out in the past 6 months are giving me heartburn.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Time to roll out the ‘Bama mantra: Defense wins championships. Hope swami - and St. Nick - see it that way, too.

Wayne, thanks for your SEC West homer support. You too jg

MG

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Just because 2 SEC teams are playing in Big10 country does not mean they have to play Big10 football!

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
And congrats JG on being the poster to break 1000 this year in your 7th season playing RTFCFB!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
And what else do we have for jg, Don Pardo?

Yes, that’s right: the 2021 College Football Championship trophy, won - yes, won in convincing fashion by penalty shootout over Notre Dame! Congratulations to jg for yet another title!

MG

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Go Dawgs

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,009 ·

After going to NE Missouri to eat tag soup (I’ve never seen that many deer in 5 days. 1 I wish wasn’t broke off past his G3 on the left side. 1 super mature buck I have every intention on hunting on the 1st morning when I go up there in Oct.), The Holidays were a blur, & now it’s time to start the 1st shutdown of the year. By the way, I’ve never been more proud of any group from LSU as I was the rag tag group that played K State.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Jacob, here’s hoping O’Kelly brings luck of the Irish to Baton Rouge for your reinstatement ceremony CF 2022, we’ve missed you.

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
Question for the experts - Shouldn't MVP have gone to GA's Defensive Line?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
It's against the law to reward the big guys. That evidenced by the Heisman Trophy going to the "most outstanding player in college football". Nobody can tell me that never has a big man been the best in 86 years with 45 RBs, 36 QBs, 4 WRs, & 1 CB winning the Heisman.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Secondary - tight as ticks on the Tide's pass catchers all night. Now it's true if the Dawg DL hadn't pressured Bryce Young throughout, especially on the long down the middle throw that #1 got hurt coming back for then trying to spin free, maybe a whole different ballgame. If Young gets into that throw, Williams (#1) is gone in stride. As it was the throwing lanes for Young shrank from the pressure, but he still put the ball where he wanted it to go, beautifully for the most part, just that Dawgs DBs were skintight disrupting the young 'Bama receivers as his passes arrived. 'Bama secondary wasn't bad as made out to be, nor their previous bane LBs, either - they held that manchild Bowers in check 'til his deciding TD 54 minutes into the game. That was meritorious in and of itself - what a beast. I'm already cringing at how to defend against him next time.

MG

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,016 ·
Jacob, here’s hoping O’Kelly brings luck of the Irish to Baton Rouge for your reinstatement ceremony CF 2022, we’ve missed you.
Thank you, Dr. Ed. I’m a believer in what he has in mind. I think he will turn things around soon enough.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,017 ·
Fully agree, DrEdA but need to point out - as genuine as the new ceauxch down theah is about faaaaaambly matters - he will be going by Eaux'Kelly

MG
I for one will be looking forward to it being a game that matters in a few years. It sucks knowing your team will lose to a team.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Proud of you and with you for being proud of that ragtag Bengal Tiger bunch y'all put out there vs. K-State, Jacob. And played 'Bama off their feet a month earlier with not much more than that - St. Nick knew. Eaux going or not, y'all played the games.

MG

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I went to bed at half time. I woke up briefly when GA was celebrating. I thought WHAT? Congrats to Bulldogs.
Will Saban be retiring?

·
Registered
9,771 Posts
1001 - 1020 of 1053 Posts