RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1021 - 1040 of 1053 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Somewhere I read that Saban's wife was a spender &
it was his major incentive to continue coaching.
You heard that from Franco everytime Texas changed coaches......but retiring wouldn't surprise me.

Jacob, I was gonna call you today if you hadn't posted.......I was worried about you!

·
Registered
828 Posts
UGA taking down Bama last night (I only saw the first half…Monday start at 8pm on the East coast is tough ona working stif) gives hope to all the other teams with 19 5 star players on their roster…..rah rah…a true inspiration….

·
Registered
127 Posts
Glad that defense did what they needed to do with Bryce. Great game, excellent 4th quarter. I got a Braves World Series win and a UGA natty in one year. Is the Georgia sports curse broken?

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,025 ·
Proud of you and with you for being proud of that ragtag Bengal Tiger bunch y'all put out there vs. K-State, Jacob. And played 'Bama off their feet a month earlier with not much more than that - St. Nick knew. Eaux going or not, y'all played the games.

MG
I definitely would have lost a considerable amount of money on the game between our teams. That said, LSU had a lot more players in that game (Than the K State game where even the most obsessed LSU fan needed a program to figure out who was doing what.) & it was obvious the Alabama players had no interest in the game. Young teams had a tendency to play to the level of competition.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,026 ·
I went to bed at half time. I woke up briefly when GA was celebrating. I thought WHAT? Congrats to Bulldogs.
Will Saban be retiring?
As if. That mad scientist will figure out a way to keep his players away from rat poison. He probably wins 2 of the next 3 National Championships. Unless we can get Little Debbie to chill out on the production of their oatmeal cream pies, that is.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
As if. That mad scientist will figure out a way to keep his players away from rat poison. He probably wins 2 of the next 3 National Championships. Unless we can get Little Debbie to chill out on the production of their oatmeal cream pies, that is.
Alas, on the oatmeal front, it's been duly noted and filed for posterity that while Little Debbies may be his lifeblood, St. Nick is 0-for-1 decked out in pre-flight pregame oatmeal bomber jacket... Unless he's planning to go all in on "acceptable" AKC hunt test attire...

Congrats again to them Dawgs - they were 51% of a good ol' bloodletting that let me wake up the morning after with an "Ahhhh, wasn't that nice" as an old school CFB aficionado instead of a losing end "Woe am I" as Saban would say.

MG

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,028 ·
You heard that from Franco everytime Texas changed coaches......but retiring wouldn't surprise me.

Jacob, I was gonna call you today if you hadn't posted.......I was worried about you!
I scanned through the posts I missed and decided some needed to be addressed. Glad y’all have been keeping this going during my hiatus.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
What did y'all teach this man out in the pac12 Marvin? He must have recieved an education with "astigmatism"(I think that's the opposite of what he would have recieved at a southern school that is "not the West Coast and not Harvard")

Now, rose, sure he's gone all Dick Gregory on his lucid (hallucid?) delineation, but he was misinterpretated. I've tried to reconcile him with reality of not playing ball at 'Bama, or UGa, or LSU, the SEC...

Colorful member of the Zer-O-gon "uni-sphere" said:
...Do I want to be a guy who’s known for being apart [from] the greatest organization in the world?
I do fear Marv will need to provide him with a loupe the size of the Hubble telescope for ol' DucKayvon to overcome that "astigmatism."

Cannae wait for him to hit the NFL and make a career sack or two before his rookie contract runs out, and gets the chance to use his fierce battle cry "(k)Ayvon calling!" Nike, well and good for DucKayvon's education, but an NFL NIL for women's cosmetics - there's some real money to be made there! Who knows, though, maybe he'll go with a competitor and get hisself one of them pink cars, a pink stretch limo, for unfolding himself in the lap of NFL NIL luxury: "MaryKayvon!"

And through that prized West Coast marketing communications education, adjusting their motto to fit so that he acquits himself accordingly:

MaryKayvon: "We're living our values - even through stymying double-team blocks, false starts and taking plays off!"

MG

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
Out of the mouths of rookies comes "PAC-12 is 0-5 in Bowl Games".
Sports is not conducive to large words, I wonder if he knows it's meaning.

·
Registered
731 Posts
SEC 6-8 for a .429 win percentage! Really poor showing as a conference again demonstrating that the SEC is a big pile of steaming dung topped by two diamonds!!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Oh no......not Jay!

rose, did Jay make bail, or a la a dozen 'Bama players including his son, go into the (county lockup prisoner) transfer portal?

Not to be presumptive here, but ol' Jay's - not OJ - wife's just gotta get a bluesy, sorry, crimsony C&W hit out of this lonesome QB trail travail.

"He's Incompletin' His Passes So I'm Throwin' Him Over"

or the British version ("Lovejoy" [Ian McShane] on the vocals)

"Second and Gaol Time for Jay To Sneak It In"

MG

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Rip line, No other conference had as many bowl participants. No other conference had as many wins.

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
Rip line, No other conference had as many bowl participants. No other conference had as many wins.
No other conference fattens up on cupcakes like the SEC.

• Haha
Reactions: ripline

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
The SEC was 3 wins against 1 loss in the college football playoff. Thats 75%.....I think!

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
No other conference fattens up on cupcakes like the SEC.
No other conference has 14 teams who need to fill their schedules and find viable opponents, poor argument Marvin. Your beloved Huskies non conference opponents were Arky State and Montana but apparently not cupcakes?

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
No other conference has 14 teams who need to fill their schedules and find viable opponents, poor argument Marvin. Your beloved Huskies non conference opponents were Arky State and Montana but apparently not cupcakes?
It is not out of your time on this planet that Sam Jankovich, Butte Bulldogs, MT State, Wazzu was AD
at Miami. He hired Jimmy Johnson. 2 cupcakes - 1 legitimate team every 3 weeks, You get the rating
without beating up your players.

The Huskies are another team in a conference that is on the upswing. Since my graduation I have
never heard from them other than to receive my diploma. Jim Owens was the last coach I followed.

1021 - 1040 of 1053 Posts