Registered
10,363 Posts
But UT State is a CUPCAKE.
crackerd & roseberry - just a little reminder - check UT State score this AM -
Notice their opponent.

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
How does one get to the scrap heap by losing a single game?

It's not like for one loss they sentence a team to playing
in the Pac12 for 3 to 5 seasons with opportunity for parole.;)
John, Your guy has the horses, the reputation, & the facilities.
Had that safety completed the tackle yesterday AL would be 1 - 1.
Your QB saved Saban's azz.

One way is to soil the bed against "Wasu"-"the Cougs" on national TV.

Bucky sends his apologies!
RK - when you hired this coach I was surprised, based on WI's record & long term reputation.
The Coug coach will not be there long, he has all the appearances of someone who will move
to greener pastures, rightfully so.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Amen! Teared up over that'un - saw it coming from a mile away or at least from the 'Shoe last week, but undeniably school's biggest win since the team plane went down 50-odd years ago and tore Marshall asunder, and Thunderin' Herd Coach Charles Huff is an old Eastern Shore boy of solid stock and St. Nick's No. 1 acolyte and possible successor at 'Bama. Had Marshall focused and outplaying ND in every facet and was a joy to hear in the postgame interview. Like you've been there before, as Saban says, and channeling him almost word-for-word on how and why the Herd winning was no surprise to the head coach. We are - we are all Marshall indeed!

MG
You think the voters will let the Irish slip past #10 in the polls? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
You think the voters will let the Irish slip past #10 in the polls? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Of course they will - that gives them the storyline NS(hame) has never had a coach start his career 0-3 and looky here at we've got to pick on: Ty Willingham Part Deux. Which will go on as thick as the undeserved adulation Marcus Freeman got as The Chosen as practically deigned by Touchdown Jesus.

Got an interesting season ahead, I'm going to beat rose on the pessimistic prognostication front by saying 'Bama will lose two games but make the CFB playoff by beating them Dawgs again in the SEC Championship, just like last year and just like Coach Kirby's hoping for in order to refocus his juggernaut ova theah 'Tween the Hedges.

Oh, yeah, and there's prognostication optimism, too: Bill O'Brien, at Saban's "strong suggestion" will be named HC and athletic director at HBCU Stillman four games into the season, effective immediately as funded by the philanthropic Saban and charged with reviving a dormant program - the opposite of what he was unable to do at 'Bama: keep a well-oiled and player personnel dynamo going when Alabama's on offense. Bryce Young, reigning Heisman winner, will replace O'Bum as OC and become the inaugural winner of the newly named Heisman-Plus, which goes to the player-coach who best exemplifies what the NIL era stands for: CFB players as school employees and student athletes.

MG

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Sports uniform Helmet Football equipment Sports equipment Sports gear

One of my auburn buds sent me this pic today........though I didn't see the game I told him one of 3 things happened there.......

1. That's a boog transfer and it hasn't been coached out of him yet?

2. Bryce Young said another prayer, like at auburn last year, and The Good Lord blinded the.refs just like he did the Assyrians for Elisha in Second Kings 6:13-18?

3. The Big12 crew has magically thrown a game for Bama just like any SEC crew will during conference play each year?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Brutal!

There is no colder seat in college football than the one in College Station, Texas.
It’s a maroon and white Lazy-Boy recliner made of crisp $100 bills, and it comes with air conditioned vents set 72 degrees, a ‘fridge on the side with a built-in remote control for the 96-inch screen TV.
The best part, the man who sits in this recliner didn’t even have to pay for it even though he makes about $9 million a year.

Jimbo Fisher is not The Man. He is The King. And God doesn’t have to save This King.

Texas A&M does every day.
Jimbo Fisher is still the right hire for Texas A&M.
Because, with Texas A&M, it’s not the coach. It’s the job.
Texas A&M lured away a coach who was five years removed from winning a national title. The Aggies were not going to get much better than that, and they still aren’t.

The Aggies have no choice but to bow to their King, and just pray that God allows a tradition that is unlike any other in college football changes soon.

No big time football program sells itself as national champions and under delivers to a more deserving, passionate fan base like Texas A&M.
The Aggies started the season ranked sixth in the AP Poll, and are now 1-1.
This includes a 17-14 loss to Appalachian State on Saturday at Kyle Field. A&M paid App State of the mighty Sun Belt $1.5 million to come to College Station and kick their butts.
This is after the Aggies held their pre-game “Yell Practice” at Kyle Field where the yell leader said, “I had to Google this team to make sure they were even real.”

Good call there Skippy.

It is App State’s third win over a top 10 team all time.
As noted by CBS Sports’ Barrett Sallee: “Kevin Sumlin’s first 50 games at Texas A&M: 36-14
“Jimbo Fisher’s first 50 games at Texas A&M: 35-15.
Sumlin had Johnny Manziel running around to push that record up.

Fisher won the offseason with a top ranked recruiting class, and holding a press conference to call out on Alabama’s Nick Saban, only to duck walk it back a few months later.

Now that we’re into the season Jimbo is again showing he’s a great coach if he has a great college quarterback.
He doesn’t have a great college quarterback.
A large portion of college coaching is recruiting talent, and the QBs that he found at Florida State he has not at Texas A&M.
Find that guy, and Jimbo suddenly doesn’t look like the white Kevin Sumlin.

Jimbo became Geniusbo when he had future NFL first round picks Christian Ponder, Jameis Winston and E.J. Manuel killing it in Tallahassee.

Jimbo’s best season at Texas A&M was 2020, when the Aggies finished 9-1 during the COVID season. He had four-year starter Kellen Mond at quarterback, a player he did not recruit to College Station.
Mond was never a Jimbo guy, and it showed.
Few players made more out of what he had than Mond, who was third-round pick of the Minnesota Vikings in 2021, and is currently with the Cleveland Browns.
Maybe LSU transfer Max Johnson, son of former NFL quarterback Brad Johnson, can save Jimbo this season.

After re-watching A&M’s offense against App State, current starting QB Haynes King makes you wonder why Jimbo recruited him to College Station in the first place.

There is no way for any Aggie to avoid the reality that Jimbo is supposed to be better than this.
Out of fear of Jimbo leaving College Station for LSU in 2021, A&M handed him an extension worth $95 million through the 2031 season.
Even if this contract is fully funded by crazy boosters, those fools are not going to eat this meal until Texas A&M is Nebraska-Scott Frost bad.
The Aggies aren’t there.

They aren’t terrible. They’re just not contending, or doing much more than they have done under the previous countless regimes.

Under Jimbo, the team has been ranked twice in the final AP Poll in his four seasons.
Under Jimbo, they have had some bad lows: A pair of losses to Mississippi State, a bad loss in the regular-season finale against a for-dead LSU team last season. They have yet to win 10 games in a season under Jimbo.
The App State disaster calls to mind the gem the R.C. Slocum put together in 1996 when the Aggies lost at home to Louisiana.
Under Jimbo, they have had some fun highs: The seven-overtime win at home against LSU in 2018; finishing 9-1 and winning the Orange Bowl in the mask-covered COVID season; beating No. 1 Alabama at Kyle Field last season.

Texas A&M hosts No. 13 Miami on Saturday, and the Aggies are the favorites for a reason.

They’re at home. They should win.
Don’t be surprised if they do.
Don’t be surprised if they pile up a few more losses, too.
Until Jimbo finds a special quarterback, this is who he is, and what the Aggies will be.

Mac Engel: 817-390-7760, MacEngelProf

Attachments

Reactions: Marvin S

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Dr. EdA, that would've been the perfect Texas 8&4 "Tex-egesis" if only the names Fraudchi-84-0-ne and Sherman the Accountant had been invoked for their College Station ineptitude.

On our end, per the suth'n solilOquy via rose, the Gumpian wisdom foretold leaves me anticipating how Part II of this intervention might be placing BBOB (Boring Bill O'Brien) on a fire ant bed and unloosing a herd of armadillos on it - and him - and getting them ants to show O'Boring just how potent a motion offense can be.

Might work out for both of us, though, in the end - Texas 8&4 fires Jimbo, and Saban - with an OC hole to fill after O'Brien is ordered to chase a better metier for himself by becoming a professional 5-handicap Bingo player - rehires ol' Jimbloviator with the additional duties of 'Bama NIL denier.

MG

·
Registered
862 Posts
Rose/Swami.....who you got this weekend with Miami and A&M. I know A&M is mad.....but hear me out.....

Miami has a new coach that wants to put a flag in the ground in Texas/SEC country. Best Coach that they have had in a long time, a better QB than A&M???, playmakers...I know they have underwhelmed in recent years, but is this a different Miami??? They have playmakers!!! Is $96M for Jimbo enough? $30M for their 2022 recruiting class??? $1.5M enough to get Sunbelt APP STATE to come beat them on their home turf???? FSU finally turned a corner a couple weeks ago.....why not Miami????

Asking for a friend!!!:):):)

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Rose/Swami.....who you got this weekend with Miami and A&M. I know A&M is mad.....but hear me out.....

Miami has a new coach that wants to put a flag in the ground in Texas/SEC country. Best Coach that they have had in a long time, a better QB than A&M???, playmakers...I know they have underwhelmed in recent years, but is this a different Miami??? They have playmakers!!! Is $96M for Jimbo enough? $30M for their 2022 recruiting class??? $1.5M enough to get Sunbelt APP STATE to come beat them on their home turf???? FSU finally turned a corner a couple weeks ago.....why not Miami????

Asking for a friend!!!:):):)
No need to be concerned about Jimbo’s money because the folks who funded it aren’t and they would have no hesitation to dump him if they have another embarrassing home loss.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
No need to be concerned about Jimbo’s money because the folks who funded it aren’t and they would have no hesitation to dump him if they have another embarrassing home loss.
Or at least help him with moving and cost of living expenses for relocation to Lincoln - Jimbloviator's schtick might work out there, especially if he brought Mr. Suh along as enforcer/enabler.

Meanwhile, rose, up earlier than usual lookin' for part deux of that Bill O'Brien X's (and O's)-scoriation - and well, the author must've run into a little trouble with run-on four-letter words describing (and denouncing) O'Brien's myriad deficiencies 'cause it ain't been delivered yet. Maybe O'Boring saw the handwriting on the wall and abruptly turned in his resignation to "father" a CFB program on the banks of Swan Creek, the John C. Calhoun Community College Emasculated and Politically Correct So as Not to Be Offensive in Any Way Peace Doves (nee War Hawks) - he is definitely the man for the job!

MG

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
JG, erbody here knows I'm a fan of the Miami coach. He was able to do well as HC at Oregon, if one defines winning a few BIG games and RECRUITING a few Top talents to Oregon.

The Brian Kelly logic applies equally to Mario Kristobol. If Kelly/Kristobol can do this at ND/Oregon, then IMAGINE what they will do at LSU/Miami. Miami will have MORE playmakers and big hogs soon.

Why not Miami this week? I say the wake-up call should be enough for now.......but as your resident RTF/CFB Swami, there is always the 60 percent, historically documented, statistically significant chance I will be wrong?

Achane for 200! Aggies win 21-17! Wayne comes back!;)

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Achane for 200! Aggies win 21-17! Wayne comes back!;)
Doggone, swami, enough with this

Wayne comes back!;)
bidness.

That's water under Brazos Bridge (better known as the Waco Suspension Bridge, or in Wayne's case, the rtf "Self-Suspension Bridge"). By now, be like sayin' John Wayne's comin' back - not as The Duke, more like "Starring Marion Morrison as 'McLintock!'" I.e., a shell of his former rtf self, Our Wayne, thanks to Jimbloviator's coaching malfunction and to, well, the aTm payroll having had to rebut (and rebuff!) any suggestions of Russian interference! Gets to be too much for our favorite 12th Man to take after a while!

MG

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
Oregon holds serve in Autzen Stadium (BYU is the better team, but I’m picking Oregon because of the spot in the early season & location.). TAMU, welcome back to the winner’s circle. LSU snaps the 3 game visiting team’s win streak in the series. AU with the upset @ home (Same reason as Oregon.). Give me NC STATE & Sparty for the remaining games of relevance today.

381 - 400 of 443 Posts