RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
401 - 420 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Oregon holds serve in Autzen Stadium (BYU is the better team, but I’m picking Oregon because of the spot in the early season & location.). TAMU, welcome back to the winner’s circle. LSU snaps the 3 game visiting team’s win streak in the series. AU with the upset @ home (Same reason as Oregon.). Give me NC STATE & Sparty for the remaining games of relevance today.
Hoping the Aggies season is salvaged by an LSU transfer QB with a pretty good pedigree

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
Jacob said:
Husky coach an unknown - Sparty coach is good.
Huskies are favored by FG. Could be a good game.
BYU has good coach, knows how to win close games.
Just wonder if they play at this level.

·
Registered
862 Posts
“Dang it Marvin! I choked on my cold beverage when you referred to the Huskers or Oregon as “”this level!”” You should try stand up comedy! Out of touch west coast regards….PAC 12 is Dead and has been for years..

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
“Dang it Marvin! I choked on my cold beverage when you referred to the Huskers or Oregon as “”this level!””
You should try stand up comedy! Out of touch west coast regards….PAC 12 is Dead and has been for years..
So says a supporter of a conference with Snow White & the multiple dwarfs!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Morning started well, let’s see what the afternoon holds for us.
Didn’t hold any favor for Cocky.

Speaking of, jg, what’n tarnation kind of doggone S’C’lina dove dog is that?!

Pretty sure the folks over to Columbia might be on a better line to marking success and sheddin’ the downtrodden label of Bummerball if they became

Dog Sky Plant Dog breed Carnivore

the, you know, South Carolina Battlin’ Boykins.

MG

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
So says a supporter of a conference with Snow White & the multiple dwarfs!
C’mon, Marv - you wanna pick on an overrated team, start with the one that’s got the most five-stars and four A’s in its name. Yeah, this is the third game and against a throwaway foe, and a long season to go, but I’ve seen nada from ‘Bama that lives up to the inflated opinion they apparently have of themselves. Dud city on both sides of the ball, especially OL and D. But don’t let me mislead: Saban’s got ‘em right where he wants ‘em—

MG

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
rose, hate to say this, and wish there was another way to help a rtf bruh like Our jg out, but I’m thinking - to put it in terms the national football ⚽ champion Clempson Tigers will understand - that Saban will be his egalitarian self as always and send away Bill O’Brien on a free loan transfer to Allburnt With a Lake and Dabo to rejuvenate Ukelele and an offensive juggernaut.

Also, Marv, score one for the Wusskies and the whipsaw arm of their IU transfer QB Pennix Jr.

MG

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
Also, Marv, score one for the Wusskies and the whipsaw arm of their IU transfer QB Pennix Jr.
MG
MG, Don't watch them - only look at a local paper on Sunday.
The big daily's don't do HS sports so leave no reason to buy
a paper. Only knew about the new coach from his pressers &
the bio in a Sunday paper.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Morning started well, let’s see what the afternoon holds for us.
Planned double dippin'¹! I like it JG, I like it a great deal.

¹Double dip, (dub'l dip, verb), def 1 Eating an ice cream cone with two scoops. 2 The act of shooting a limit of doves at dawn, cleaning and storing them, proceeding to another county or state, eating a bologna sandwich in route, taking a nap under a shade tree and shooting another limit in the afternoon.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
In Washington’s case yes, in the U of Latter Day Saints case no.
And in BCS last night Brad Johnson’s kid wasn’t great but he is definitely an upgrade and he got the job done. Hopefully more playing time will generate more confidence and more production.

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
Lots of overrated coaches came out of Boise State. SoS.

Reactions: Jacob Hawkes

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Lots of overrated coaches came out of Boise State. SoS.
Don't forget they ain't that far removed from being a junior college, Marv - the Vandals were the real Idaho U school, just ask Jerry Kramer. But Boise's junior college schedule persists - and it figures that juco coaches follow. The one that Allburnt has whiffed on apparently is having a Harsinogenic (toxic) influence on the fambly environment down there in West Georgia - I'd say it's time for Harsin to get back in touch with Bon Mallori of the rtf negotiating team and send him back to Boise with a prosperous buyout package. And then maybe he coaches again at the NAIA level in the Pac-12.
MG

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
Don't forget they ain't that far removed from being a junior college, Marv - the Vandals were the real Idaho U school, just ask Jerry Kramer. But Boise's junior college schedule persists - and it figures that juco coaches follow. The one that Allburnt has whiffed on apparently is having a Harsinogenic (toxic) influence on the fambly environment down there in West Georgia - I'd say it's time for Harsin to get back in touch with Bon Mallori of the rtf negotiating team and send him back to Boise with a prosperous buyout package. And then maybe he coaches again at the NAIA level in the Pac-12.
MG
If my memory doesn't deceive me, there was a matching guard to Jerry. Didn't he also play for the Packers?
The unsung HS where we lived at the time was fertile recruiting grounds for BSU as it strove for a piece of the
action. That in itself said a lot to me. But to the War Eagles credit, they at least scheduled someone other than
the cupcakes the top teams in the polls seem to thrive on. Too many sweets build the wrong kind of muscle.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
“Go play intramurals, brother.”
Jacob, go easy on Marv - he's just trying out a gambit to garner local support on his takeover bid for the shuttered salt mine on Avery Island. Sumpin' 'bout Borax and rock salt make for cleanly-coached CFB games...

Marv, Avery Island has/had a few other natural resources - alas, the famous b&w 1939 Avery Island duck hunting short film now seems to be kept under wraps on youtube, but this might help you get a better understanding of other resources the island and its leading family were known for:

MG

401 - 420 of 443 Posts