RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
421 - 440 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I thought the quote was perfect for what he was talking about. The 1st of the bunch.

Ordinarily, that would rate, quoth Jacob, a hearty “well-played.” But your callow years preclude your knowledge of the first if not worst of the bunch, and so as not to impugn the immediate or extended family, Our Wayne’s cuz and namesake none other than Houston We Have A Problem Nutt—

MG

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
Ordinarily, that would rate, quoth Jacob, a hearty “well-played.” But your callow years preclude your knowledge of the first if not worst of the bunch, and so as not to impugn the immediate or extended family, Our Wayne’s cuz and namesake none other than Houston We Have A Problem Nutt—

MG
The Right Reverend had some really good years @ ARKY & Ole Miss. That said, I did not know he coached @ Boise St.

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
The Right Reverend had some really good years @ ARKY & Ole Miss.
That said, I did not know he coached @ Boise St.
I think MG would know if someone related to FB put their skivvies on backwards.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Whoa now, Marv - you're getting into illegal procedure and, er, crack-back block territory now.

But the best CFB story of the season, bar none, is by way of 'Bama's rival Razorbacks and an upcoming trip to Woo Pig Sooie town next week. St. Nick may order the SEC (and the SEC - Securities & Exchange Commission) to install rabies vaccination checkpoints on the piggy ramparts in Fayetteville.

MG

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
But Marv, MG has, to avoid the jinx likely, neglected the opportunity to share this IMPORTANT bit of knowledge about the fate of a man whose skivvies are backward, wadded, sideways, all at the same time!

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
But Marv, MG has, to avoid the jinx likely, neglected the opportunity to share this IMPORTANT bit of knowledge about the fate of a man whose skivvies are backward, wadded, sideways, all at the same time!

Me thinks BO'B is more than slightly ovahrated.

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
Whoa now, Marv - you're getting into illegal procedure and, er, crack-back block territory now.

But the best CFB story of the season, bar none, is by way of 'Bama's rival Razorbacks and an upcoming trip to Woo Pig Sooie town next week. St. Nick may order the SEC (and the SEC - Securities & Exchange Commission) to install rabies vaccination checkpoints on the piggy ramparts in Fayetteville.

MG
MG - speaking of pigs, did you ever notice how those folks with jewelry
in their nose resemble the pigs in the old days that had a tendency to
go under the fencing. Ring in the nose regards!

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
Your picture reminds me of a time the boss & I were having breakfast in Union, OR.
There's a farmer there having breakfast (& though he was not quite as portly as the
above fella & the waitress was not quite in the class as the young ladies) & the waitress
was giving him the King treatment. I told the wife "I bet that guy is loaded". Our waitress
was a different lady so I asked her. Her reply "he is a very big landowner & single".
Your photo brought back that memory. We were looking to settle in that area but found
that the tribes had claims to a lot of the land though it was on the Open market.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Smokey got his game face on!

View attachment 90818
rose, look like one o' them (soon-doomed-to-be renamed) General "Fightin' Joe" Wheeler, CSA National Wildlife Refuge 'gators, all runty and docile.

Ours up here in a near-Confederate sanctuary state are apt to be a little more leathery from having their hides tanned through inbreeding and natural selection at one of the local retriever training reservations

Plant Water Working animal Dog Carnivore

MG

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I KNEW beyond all doubt that MG would best my pic of Smokey with a beautifully posed, artfully composed picture of his dog's!

Bravo my friend!

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Looks like Clemps defense might be missing Venables? Giving up 45 to who?

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Jimbo and Harsin are winners, in tight ones!
AU in an overtime squeaker. TAMU could be in for a dogfight since their last victim trails Middle Tennessee 24-3 😳
And on the Vol front it appears Josh Heupel should push back from the dinner table a bit sooner

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
AU in an overtime squeaker. TAMU could be in for a dogfight since their last victim trails Middle Tennessee 24-3 😳
All Bran loses even when they win - word was a home loss to hapless Mizzou would seal Harsin’s fate as the latest Allburnt coach to be drawing a salary for thumb twiddling or working for free elsewhere. And did you see how Scuzzouri managed not to win? Priceless for the SEC’s Nerf football factory: Got the ball on the 2 yd line 1st & goal with a minute to play - and play it safe running down the clock to two seconds left for 26-yd FG attempt by their “Thicker Kicker” a svelte 5-9, 260. Who goes wide right sending the game to OT - and a win for certain as Scuzzou’s RB is free down the left sideline only to have the genius inspiration of switching the ball over to his right hand as he’s going untouched into the end zone. Oops - make that out of the end zone for a touchback, and ballgame and head coach retention, All Bran.

The other games of amusement I’ll sum up more succinctly for rose following on to Dr. EdA about the U: Mario gonna Mario, and as for Zer-0-gob, Bo Nix gonna Bo Nix ‘cept for every once in a while. And as preaching to the choir goes, Wake gonna Wake up again nuttin’ but a loser.

MG

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Doc, I said Jimbo, I meant to say Dabo! Slippin'.

I got home, flipped on the set and both were in overtime! Clemson won, Auburn got three gifts from on high to achieve a winning result including a game winning run ending with the ball being thrown to the ground six inches shy of the goal line! Crazy!

Now Texas stops Tech 2 yards from being tied in the 4th.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Look like about two dozen folks who wandered in by accident from a tour of The Parrot Jungle are in the stands supporting the U and that spectacular brand of ACC ball they play in places like South Florida, Chapel Hill, Blacksburg, Atlanta, etc.

MG

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Doc, I said Jimbo, I meant to say Dabo! Slippin'.

I got home, flipped on the set and both were in overtime! Clemson won, Auburn got three gifts from on high to achieve a winning result including a game winning run ending with the ball being thrown to the ground six inches shy of the goal line! Crazy!

Now Texas stops Tech 2 yards from being tied in the 4th.
Little Saban in Austin might lose to a fabled Texas high school coach on the staked plains of West Texas. Wait until he slides into Tuscaloosa or Albany!
😀TT 37-Sips 34!

421 - 440 of 443 Posts