RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
861 - 880 of 888 Posts

· Registered
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #861 ·
I think it was beyond obvious that Lee Corso can’t do a segment without Kirk helping him out. Lee is partially responsible for helping CFB become as popular as it is. What he managed to accomplish is remarkable. He should be remembered for how he changed Saturday mornings in the fall. That said, someone @ ESPN must be the adult & stop letting him fall on his face. I’m sure he still wants to work and do the gig, but he isn’t able to anymore. It’s not okay to run him out there in his condition. Do it with grace, but please stop doing the man such a disservice.

· Registered
11,161 Posts
I think it was beyond obvious that Lee Corso can’t do a segment without Kirk helping him out. Lee is partially responsible for helping CFB become as popular as it is. What he managed to accomplish is remarkable. He should be remembered for how he changed Saturday mornings in the fall. That said, someone @ ESPN must be the adult & stop letting him fall on his face. I’m sure he still wants to work and do the gig, but he isn’t able to anymore. It’s not okay to run him out there in his condition. Do it with grace, but please stop doing the man such a disservice.
What did I miss?

· Registered
6,962 Posts
Font Number Slope Parallel Circle

The SEC finished 3rd in bowl game winning percentage(.583) and first in games won(7).

Statistically speaking it would seem to be a disadvantage in both of these measures to have the most teams of all conferences participating because the probability is much greater of the SEC team with the 11th best conference record playing another conference's 4th to 9th best record.

But that's just logic and inference from statistical data?

· Registered
1,961 Posts

· Registered
11,161 Posts
I don’t have any issue with this line of thinking.
Me nether, if the Coaches Poll had rules that you couldn’t vote for your own team that would be different but his vote is legitimate and understandable and if he didn’t what message would that send to his players.

· Registered
369 Posts
I don’t have any issue with this line of thinking.
I am a HUGE Bama fan, but we are NOT the second best team in the country. As much as it tears my ass up, OSU is the second best team. Bama might be 3-4, but thats even a stretch. UT had a damn nice bowl showing without Hooker and they did win head to head. Roll Tide, we will be back, Thanks David Pollack!

· Registered
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #879 ·
I am a HUGE Bama fan, but we are NOT the second best team in the country. As much as it tears my ass up, OSU is the second best team. Bama might be 3-4, but thats even a stretch. UT had a damn nice bowl showing without Hooker and they did win head to head. Roll Tide, we will be back, Thanks David Pollack!
I’m not going to fall into recency bias. I can’t act like I didn’t see Michigan walk the dog on The Overrated State University in The Shoe. That’s the 2nd best team I watched all year, minus UT before the Georgia game. That said, I have no issues with St. Nick ranking his team where he did. He thinks he had them tuned in @ the end of the season. To each their own. Curious to see who he trots out there @ QB next season.

· Registered
369 Posts
I’m not going to fall into recency bias. I can’t act like I didn’t see Michigan walk the dog on The Overrated State University in The Shoe. That’s the 2nd best team I watched all year, minus UT before the Georgia game. That said, I have no issues with St. Nick ranking his team where he did. He thinks he had them tuned in @ the end of the season. To each their own. Curious to see who he trots out there @ QB next season.
Simpson will end up being QB1. Milroe is an exceptional QB, but cant throw enough to make the team solid. Teams would do like they did with Hurts. At Bama Hurts was a run first QB, OKla made him a pass first. Simpson is the son oUT Martin Head Coach, so hes a coach on the field. The 2 New QBs coming in have a chance as well. Milroe will be in the transfer portal after Spring ball.

861 - 880 of 888 Posts