RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Well that was 17:22 I will never get back. uhh.
now rose, you were only s'posed to zero in on the schwa (ə) sound when enunciated - just the down and flirty etymological end of it. The whole shebang thrown up was for a) the pulchritude of the presenter and b) to assist some of our more challenged pronounciateers, who you know maybe go a little too short-winded and say "Remember the Alamə...,", stuff like that. Can you imagine if this were a dipthong lesson for our Tejous brethren? Might have to use a Green Monster the size of a Sousaphone to build up their lungs to the challenge!

70 days! Unhəək 'əm, 'Hərns!

MG

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I look forward to the AL vs. TX game too.

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
Wayne, Say it isn't so!

From the WSJ: Sat/Sun - June 18-19,2022
Texas A & M's Unreported Foreign Funding
Why the school says $100 Million from Russia
& Qatar is exempt from reporting requirements.

So the question is: Is Jimbo getting any of that money?

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
It ain’t so, Joe.
“The Education Department closed its investigation in January 2021, and Texas A&M appeared to be in compliance with federal requirements, even claiming to have overreported the amount of foreign funds it received by more than $2 million.”
The author must be a jealous teasip.

·
Registered
10,112 Posts

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Wayne, Say it isn't so!

From the WSJ: Sat/Sun - June 18-19,2022
Texas A & M's Unreported Foreign Funding
Why the school says $100 Million from Russia
& Qatar is exempt from reporting requirements.

So the question is: Is Jimbo getting any of that money?
There was a time in my adulthood that the Wall Street Journal was a trusted publication with very high journalistic standards. Rupert Murdoch changed all of that.

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
There was a time in my adulthood that the Wall Street Journal was a trusted publication
with very high journalistic standards. Rupert Murdoch changed all of that.
The only paper that has honest reporting standards is the one I get from the county I grew
up in. WSJ comes as close as any paper to meeting some level of standard.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I don’t know where the last couple of posts are going. But it sounds like this is something that belongs in POTUS Place.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
There was a time in my adulthood that the Wall Street Journal was a trusted publication with very high journalistic standards. Rupert Murdoch changed all of that.
Whoa, now - I can only surmise that when Jimbo gets charged as a luxury tax cheat and for misappropriation of the English language, WSJ will be seen as a prescient beacon for helping him land in a profession more suited for his particular skill set

Now where’s ‘Cutty to vouch for him?

MG

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I may have to report this to the authorities.

·
Registered
10,112 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I may have to report this to the authorities.
Wayne, no need - rose and I will "self-report" to General Gates, and if subpoenaed (or suborned) to The Farm to testify, will also express our indebtedness for Texas 8&4 (or Texas 84ToZip) hiring Fraudchione to set the Saban Dark Star in motion. We'll also state our firm belief that when Jimbo goes, as he inevitably will, there's an aTm caretaker coach tanned rested and ready who knows the territory, Destiny's Darling, Mike a/k/a "It's Rolling, Baby, It's Rolling" Price.

MG

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Don't drag me in, my post was without comment Wayne.

As for taking foreign money, those in glass houses, like me, shouldn't throw stones. Heck I've sold new homes to at least two Michiganers, three Illinoisians, one Ohioan, a Texican, a sushi restaurant owner and a nail salon entrepreneur.

Don't tell, but I discriminatingly sent one family from Georgia packing, dawg fans.

Reactions: Marvin S

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
I have reported post 124 to a moderator. I am greatly offended by the implication. lf moderator does not respond I will address the individual directly.
Rose, Cracker and others, I enjoy the football/sports and school related teasing. It's just clean fun. I think I give as much as I get. I even enjoy Crackers comments, when I can understand them.
Cracker, Isn't AL Coach Price a zero net sum participant.
But wise cracks about Russia money in this day and time is crossing the line.

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
I have reported post 124 to a moderator. I am greatly offended by the implication. lf moderator does not respond I will address the individual directly.
Rose, Cracker and others, I enjoy the football/sports and school related teasing. It's just clean fun. I think I give as much as I get. I even enjoy Crackers comments, when I can understand them.
Cracker, Isn't AL Coach Price a zero net sum participant.
But wise cracks about Russia money in this day and time is crossing the line.
A direct quote from the WSJ is not a wise crack.

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Hoping football arrives soon…..so we can talk about that
but.. the Aggies and Auburn are both still alive in the CWS

121 - 140 of 173 Posts