RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Fishing is ok, not great. Am I-the only one who envisions having the extended tube goose magazine on the beach every time the pelicans fly over? I keep finding myself thinking “I could hit those”. “Boom…Boom!”

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Fishing is ok, not great. Am I-the only one who envisions having the extended tube goose magazine on the beach every time the pelicans fly over? I keep finding myself thinking “I could hit those”. “Boom…Boom!”
What would you do with the meat, put it in the gumbo with the opossum, crow, raccoon, nutria, and polecat?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
jg, is that the ghost of Pat Conroy far to the rear working back at the manor house with y'all's tight ends on drag patterns trying to develop Clemps' next Bennie Cunningham after all these heah yeahs?

What would you do with the meat, put it in the gumbo with the opossum, crow, raccoon, nutria, and polecat?
You could grind 'em all together and stuff it in the pouch, then deep fry, and have yo'self a six-meat deluxe "opolecoonuctrican" - tastes like chicken. Well, it would taste like chicken if you went to the seven-meat spectacular with the addition of coots...but then you would've an opolecoonutricanoot...and people never get that out of their mouths, irrespective the taste.

MG

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
jg, is that the ghost of Pat Conroy far to the rear working back at the manor house with y'all's tight ends on drag patterns trying to develop Clemps' next Bennie Cunningham after all these heah yeahs?

You could grind 'em all together and stuff it in the pouch, then deep fry, and have yo'self a six-meat deluxe "opolecoonuctrican" - tastes like chicken. Well, it would taste like chicken if you went to the seven-meat spectacular with the addition of coots...but then you would've an opolecoonutricanoot...and people never get that out of their mouths, irrespective the taste.

MG
I can’t believe I forgot coots

Reactions: Marvin S

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I can’t believe I forgot coots
Me, either. I mean, it ain't like you didn't have Marv* at your service as an instant mnemonic -

MG

*Marv, I'm only acknowledging you as a mnemonic for "coots" 'cause you was mean to Our Wayne (and maybe but not necessarily to FT judges over the years as a mnemonic for "trifoliate orange thorn in the solar plexus!")

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
Me, either. I mean, it ain't like you didn't have Marv* at your service as an instant mnemonic -

MG

*Marv, I'm only acknowledging you as a mnemonic for "coots" 'cause you was mean to Our Wayne (and maybe but not necessarily to FT judges over the years as a mnemonic for "trifoliate orange thorn in the solar plexus!")
Right after WWII meat was in short supply. As a teenager I would sneak the ponds.
1st shot on the water, 2nd as they rose. Best haul was 15 with 2 shots & we didn't
count coots.

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Hey those prehistoric critters carry the organism that causes leprosy, I’ve been told it tastes like rabbit..

Reactions: roseberry

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Hey those prehistoric critters carry the organism that causes leprosy, I’ve been told it tastes like rabbit..
Anyhow and in addition to, rose, that's possum on the half shell that you're partaking of and that DrEdA has gone full FDA warning and Jesus (Ochoa?) miracle-to-come about.

We personally prefer possum sashimi, so fresh that they's still playing dead when they go into your gullet

Dog Sky Cloud Dog breed Carnivore

MG

·
Registered
847 Posts

MG
You nailed it Cracker!!! On Mr Conroys Island this week. God rest his soul!!

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Anyhow and in addition to, rose, that's possum on the half shell that you're partaking of and that DrEdA has gone full FDA warning and Jesus (Ochoa?) miracle-to-come about.

We personally prefer possum sashimi, so fresh that they's still playing dead when they go into your gullet

View attachment 89815

MG
Ooops, mistaken identity, I thought it was an armadillo not a marsupial 😳

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
You nailed it Cracker!!! On Mr Conroys Island this week. God rest his soul!!
jg, he was The Prince of Tides and Lord of Discipline and yada yada yada but we gumps gotta Run Forrest Run with our own literary lion when it comes to the Crimson Tide - Winston Groom.

No "Great Santini" or "Conrack" in his, er, oeuvre, though, so I'll take Conroy 99% of the time. Our aTm confreres would strike comity with "Lords of Discipline" and why not, "Ethical reasoning" being the Citadel's motto and MO to refute those accusations of Russian interference in Jimbo's luxury tax problems...

MG

PS DrEdA, I'm still thinking until rose disproves it that the charbroiled remains of the possum on a half shell is an armadillo, armored tail strongly hinting at it. Expecting 'em up my way any day now, kudzu's already keeping us company...

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
I am noted among my stakeholder partners as someone who will prepare lunch for "the team" occasionally. Back in April I promised and produced a lunchee' with some of the finest cuts of strip I had ever seen in a regular old grocery store, spicy chorizo, chiles toreados, frijoles verdes, and ensalda de papas.

I built a fire, prepped, cooked and served. All enjoyed and I told Mrs. Sherry, "I changed those boy's lives today."

But alas, Five hours later my do it all man, Josh comes back to the site we were working after fetching something from the lot they were busy on Josh is a committed vegetarian and he remarks, "those guys are cooking an armadillo.......and you know something, that thing smells good!"

We walked over and i took that picture. I asked the leader, Phillippe' if he knew that armadillos carried leprosy. He replied, "MEEster Juan, if armaDeeO give you leprosy, EVreebody in mehHEEco got leprosy!"

Whiteish, little greasy. I coulda made it better thsn Phillippe!
Food Tableware Plate Ingredient Recipe
Jeans Food Cuisine Sky Dish

• Love
Reactions: crackerd

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
Manning is a Longhorn! Congrats to the Sips and to Coach Sarkisian......a former sipper himself!;)
We’ll see if he shows up at the Forty Acres in 2023, plenty of time to change his mind

141 - 160 of 173 Posts