RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
You can try this link to find what kind of lodging or cabin fits your needs.

http://estes-park.com/

Have fun there,
Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
We have stayed here!
It IS a little on the "rustic side, so be forwarned. Sits on Fall river, and the road to the North park entrance. NOT REALLY SECLUDED! if thats what your after. Not much is anymore around the Estes Park area.

http://www.estesparkcabins.com/

Estes Park has really grown!,, not the quaint little town it once was! but still , much to do there. Lots of shopping in town, and of course the National park! It can be a Zoo in the height of the tourist season!! LOTS OF TRAFFIC!

The Historic place to stay is of course the Stanley Hotel. Not cabin like at all, and in town, but nice.

Gooser

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know we'll be at the Stanley a couple of days because they posted one of our pictures on thier website and they said that'll get us a room upgrade and and some drinkin'/eatin' money.Great old hotel.After that we're looking to get closer to the park.It's hard to tell on-line.Alot are right on the highway or are like little subdivisions.So far its looking like the YMCA Center or maybe one called Machins maybe.I don't mind rustic.I camped the last time but we don't want to stay in some dust pit like that place Chevy Chase stuck Aunt Edna in a stinky tent in his vacation movie.So far we're still looking.It's almost like picking a puppy.
Thank's, everyone for your input. Bob

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't mind the guy with the hatchet too much when I was there because I could always go downstairs and talk with the bartender awhile untill things settled down.But I hated the little girls on tricycles in the hallways.They really should do something about that.I wonder why my wife was packing a bat.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Seriously!!!!

The place IS haunted!! :shock: :shock:

They have overnight Halloween specials on our local radio stations trying to get some eye witneses of some of the goings on there!

Gooser

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My brother won't go back because of his haunting there.He said the the alarmclock radio went into a loud static in the middle of the night and he could hear someone taking a bath with the water running in his room.He was honestly freeked out.He still talks about it.He did alot of drugs though when he was a teenager.He always gets haunted.We didn't see any ghosts when we were there.They mix a pretty good appletini in the bar.We were probably too buzzed to notice the ghosts even if they were right in front of us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts