RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It would also mean that all states would have to recognize other states marriage licenses- No matter the gender. This may be a problem to some.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't have time to read all the articles... is this the bill that forces states to register each CC permit holder with the federal government. The way I understood earlier bills, is it was a back door way for the Feds to get all the cc permit information. Notice it was introduced by to democrats.

Is the NRA supporting this bill?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I think it would be great..... but good luck getting Illinois on board......LOL

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I havent heard if they do or not? Seems to me that the Fed would have access to that info if they wanted it. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
893 Posts
It would also mean that all states would have to recognize other states marriage licenses- No matter the gender. This may be a problem to some.
I believe they already do..... just like drivers licenses......

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I don't like the idea of a NATION CC Law. That again means the Fed. Gov. controls something else with one swipe of the hand. Plus IMHO we already have one of these. It's called the 2A > RTKBA!!

If anything the Federal Gov. should make a ruling simply saying,
'YOU WILL' honor all other states CC permits per the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment of that Constitution.

Nothing more. No details which will lead to limitations for certain.

Like the article said. This is the problem;
The current system has been seen as a huge morass of conflicting laws, as states choose which out-of-state permits they allow on an individual basis
So a ruling telling states to accept all CC permits is ALL I'd support. Just that simple statement. Anything more will surely be just another infringement on the RTKBA.

And in reality they wouldn’t even have to do that. Just simply tell the state to OBEY the Constitution! and find any infringement on the 'right to carry' as Illegal and if that State does not comply with the US Constitution they will be forced to do so.

/

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
This bill and the corresponding bill in the House does not create a Federal Registry. What it does plain and simple is state that if a person has a CC Permit all other states that issue CC Permits must honor every other states permits. Just like drivers licenses. However, if a states does not issue CC Permits, Illinois for example, that state does not have to honor other states permits. Nothing more or less. As is if you go to this link, http://www.handgunlaw.us/ and click on your state you will see evey state that honors your CC Permit if you have one now. For example I'm in NC and every state in the country honors my CC Permit except for 12 mainland states. If this law is passed and signed by the Pres then that would go down to only 1 state being Ill.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
There is nothing in the law related to national recognition of gay marriage. The article is comparing the CC bill to existing laws in which states recognize binding marriage licenses from other states. Get marries in Vegas and you are considered married in Louisiana. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts