RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb here..........................I'd be willing to bet that many GRHRCH dogs would fare better in a "field trial".....................than a FC would
in the Grand!!!!
Enter a field trial and let us know how you do.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb here..........................I'd be willing to bet that many GRHRCH dogs would fare better in a "field trial".....................than a FC would
in the Grand!!!!
give 10 FC’s and 10 GRHRCH dogs 1 month each to train for their new event.
I would risk $10k right now that the FC’s would fair better running the Grand then the GRHRCH dogs in a weekend FT. Any takers?

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
How many marks Have been 400+ yards in the last 10 Nationals? I don't know, but someone on here will. There were none at Roseburg. Longest mark was a bit over 300

Distances can be deceiving; just this past Thursday we ran a double whose memory bird looked to be over 400. measured it on google earth and found it was 335.

Most all age FT marks are under 250 yards, and they are the ones that cause the most trouble, for most dogs.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
How many marks Have been 400+ yards in the last 10 Nationals? I don't know, but someone on here will.

Distances can be deceiving; just this past Thursday we ran a double whose memory bird looked to be over 400. measured it on google earth and found it was 335.

Most all age FT marks are under 250 yards, and they are the ones that cause the most trouble, for most dogs.
Paul, under 250 is not common in our circuit in the all age stakes

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
whatever the judges decide they need to get answers.
Fortunately we had very good judges that recognized the available factors and used them all for bird placement. Distance was a minor factor at most.
Interesting side note, I did not see a judge, or anyone else, with a range finder all weekend.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts