RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good luck to all my Hunt Test friends and their dogs running in Ohio this weekend. Safe travels.

Chris

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bring plenty of rain gear, and warm clothes.
High Saturday of 42, and rain all day.
Enjoy, OVRC puts on a quality test.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I met with some of the judges today and we set up the Qual and Friday Master. Misty rain all day and windy. But we are ready.

The crew is scheduled to be at the equipment trailer by 6:15.
To the fields by 7:15.
The Qual will start at 8am sharp.
Master at 8:30 sharp.
We want to get as many dogs run in the Friday Master (87) on Friday so they wont be as long on Saturday.
PARTY Saturday night!!!!:D

Now off to bed-- Up at 4:45am-- Going to be a long weekend.:D

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Remember the bug spray. Coshocton is the land of ticks.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Ran number 6 dog(Raider) in number 2 slot. By the time we picked the triple and the blind and was in the honor box I had a tick on the dog. Raider passed the first series. My number 32 dog (Maggie) got a no bird (gunners missed the flyer ) went back 3 dogs same thing. When I ran her the third time she wasn't waiting for them to miss she broke on the second bird. Which honestly I thought she would have broke the second time. Such is life. All in all not a bad day. See everyone tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Mike I only found 4 on me all day. The cooler weather helps.

Rocket and Gus are both thru the first series in the Friday Master.

Another long day coming up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Mike I only found 4 on me all day. The cooler weather helps.

Rocket and Gus are both thru the first series in the Friday Master.

Another long day coming up tomorrow.
You're getting by pretty good then. I remember one older lady who ran Goldens down there back when i was running Jake at AKC tests. The lady was scratching her back a bit, and I asked her if she needed bug spray. She said it might be a bit late. I told her to take the bottle of DEET we carried and have her husband spray the stuff on in the back of their van. She then said "Thank you, I've ticks from a**hole to earhole". I about fell over laughing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts