RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a lanyard from LC about $13. It cost about $17 to send it to me. LC stated there will be charges? but.... no set charges were told up front or I would have reconsidered. Lanyard certainly not worth the price!!!:(

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I heard a while back there there was some issue with the Canadian post office on strike or something. Tried to send a manual to someone and it was going to cost about $50. Paid about $7 to have it scanned into a PDF and e-mailed!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Before Zinger Winger opened a place in NY, it cost extra to send parts for repair because of customs. That was quite a while back but that is my recollection.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
It might be a coincidence, but Bumper Boy has an address in Canada and Washington.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Brokerage fees. Plain & simple.
It's up to the buyer to inquire with the supplier about what to expect.
My uncle was a broker.
Retired as a multi-millionaire at 47.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If the item can be sent USPS you avoid excessive brokerage charges. But not all companies ship USPS. Some have a flat rate charge and can be excessive for smaller shipment.
What i dislike is you have to fill out your cart to finally find out the shipping charges.. I use Zinger Winger in Ontario for most Dog training supplies. Fast shipment and excellent to deal with.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mary Lynn have anything you bye shipped to the Ferry Boat in Sombra it is $5.00 and you pick it up on this side. Some times the shipping from where you got it is free in the USA they have an address in the USA. I think it is Bluewater it is on the web. Terry

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm willing to bet it was shipped via UPS.

They have a notorious track record of imposing ridiculously high brokerage fees when shipping into Canada.

Whenever I order from the US I stipulate "NO UPS". I insist that it be shipped via US Postal Service or another courier where the brokerage fees never seem to apply.

Legalized robbery plain and simple in my, not so humble, opinion.

·
Registered
927 Posts
They call it "International Shipping". I get that all the time and I live in Alaska which is no way International from the "48" to Alaska. Tried to order 2 bolts one time. The bolts were $1.63 and shipping "International" from New York State to Alaska was over $49.00 Told them to stick it and made them in my shop. Could have stuck them in a padded envelope and sent them 1st class....Oh well. Duckdon

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
We stock a wide range of products specifically for the hunt tester, trialer and hunter living in Canada. We set up our online store up for exactly this reason. We are located in and ship from Ontario. Store can be found at http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for posting your info Dakota Creek. I hadn't known about you and am glad to see your site. I usually wait to get stuff when I am in the States. (Have it delivered to a friend's address, and pick it up).

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
of all the Pure Vermont Maple Syrup I have scent to folk, I have only had one go to Canada. It was actually an RTF barter. I traded for a dog training DVD. The shipping was enormous! and then after it got there the Government added some duty tax thing because apparently the Canadian Government gets pissy when its citizens IMPORT maple syrup. All because I was actually truthful and filled out some form correctly. I tell ya all. If the feller ever orders again I'm gonna tell the kid at the counter it's dog training DVD's Evan, can I give the kid your product list? I think you have the largest total number. Could persuade the kid that the pounds are disks couldn't I?

·
Registered
875 Posts
You have to try to understand Ken, that Maple Syrup is Canadas' cocaine.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
of all the Pure Vermont Maple Syrup I have scent to folk, I have only had one go to Canada. It was actually an RTF barter. I traded for a dog training DVD. The shipping was enormous! and then after it got there the Government added some duty tax thing because apparently the Canadian Government gets pissy when its citizens IMPORT maple syrup. All because I was actually truthful and filled out some form correctly. I tell ya all. If the feller ever orders again I'm gonna tell the kid at the counter it's dog training DVD's Evan, can I give the kid your product list? I think you have the largest total number. Could persuade the kid that the pounds are disks couldn't I?

I was actually wondering how it would go if I ordered Maple Syrup from you Ken.:) and had it sent here! For a small lanyard which I have not gotten yet:confused: it was about $17 more! You would think that would be express mail!:) So the syrup or the DVD would be ultra expensive. I usually call my friend whom I have had items sent there. The shipping is cheaper then I go over collect and take stuff home. And I do like the selection. I just thought (should not have done that:)) the lanyard was so small it could have gone in an envelope but... Also LC should notify you if the shipping is going to be astronomical? more than the lanyard not just a statement re extra shipping may be applied. So it is my fault for not asking the question. Ken will eventually get some syrup somehow but not through Canadian borders nor Canadian snail mail. Soon I will see my lanyard??:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts