RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dog I absolutely adore (personally) just won Best of Breed at Crufts. His name is Salty, and I met him and helped with kennel work while he was getting his JH with Mitch White. (From what I understand, there was some talk of working on senior, but he can't seem to stop winning in the show ring.)

Salty is super-cool.

He's not a petite fellow, but he isn't massive either--probably was 75 pounds in training weight (I can't attest to his current show weight! don't hold me accountable for any pics you may dig out!)--the photo at the bottom of the link below is how he looked in shape. He was definitely athletic, and he has tons of instinct and drive.

The thing I love about him is that he is just all Lab, from his black nose to the tip of his otter tail. He's got attitude but he's good-natured, he's pleasant without being a pushover, he's affectionate without being mushy, he's confident but takes direction... I would literally make up excuses to clean his run so I could give him a hearty slap on the ribs and rub behind the ears.

Congrats, Salty!

(I have no agenda in posting this, I promise--never met the owners that I know of--I just really like this dog.)

http://www.tampabaylabradors.com/salty.php

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The trainers I use share their winter training grounds with Mitch White, so I have had the privilege of training with Mitch the last two years when we were in TX for a few days in February.

He REALLY likes Salty and is anxious for him to come back for the rest of his field training. He was suggesting Salty as a stud for one of my girls : )

MWK

·
Registered
821 Posts
He not only won BOB but then he went on to win Sporting Group 2! America was definitely well-represented! :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Interesting to see that three breed winners were disqualified after the "vet check" post win.

The two Pedigree Dogs Exposed documentaries has had an impact over there.

Congrats to the lab!!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He not only won BOB but then he went on to win Sporting Group 2! America was definitely well-represented! :)
Read your post and at first I thought, "Yea!" and then I thought, "Awwww.... so close."

He's a super-fun dog.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trainers I use share their winter training grounds with Mitch White, so I have had the privilege of training with Mitch the last two years when we were in TX for a few days in February.

He REALLY likes Salty and is anxious for him to come back for the rest of his field training. He was suggesting Salty as a stud for one of my girls : )

MWK
Then you must have a very nice girl, too.

I can't say enough about Salty.

(But I'll stop gushing, now.)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I see Donna Reese had a hand in that breeding. Salty reminds me of Donna's Cool dog, Cool is a great looking boy that I think has his MH with the direction of Peggy at Steelshots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts