RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dog I absolutely adore (personally) just won Best of Breed at Crufts. His name is Salty, and I met him and helped with kennel work while he was getting his JH with Mitch White. (From what I understand, there was some talk of working on senior, but he can't seem to stop winning in the show ring.)

Salty is super-cool.

He's not a petite fellow, but he isn't massive either--probably was 75 pounds in training weight (I can't attest to his current show weight! don't hold me accountable for any pics you may dig out!)--the photo at the bottom of the link below is how he looked in shape. He was definitely athletic, and he has tons of instinct and drive.

The thing I love about him is that he is just all Lab, from his black nose to the tip of his otter tail. He's got attitude but he's good-natured, he's pleasant without being a pushover, he's affectionate without being mushy, he's confident but takes direction... I would literally make up excuses to clean his run so I could give him a hearty slap on the ribs and rub behind the ears.

Congrats, Salty!

(I have no agenda in posting this, I promise--never met the owners that I know of--I just really like this dog.)

http://www.tampabaylabradors.com/salty.php

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The trainers I use share their winter training grounds with Mitch White, so I have had the privilege of training with Mitch the last two years when we were in TX for a few days in February.

He REALLY likes Salty and is anxious for him to come back for the rest of his field training. He was suggesting Salty as a stud for one of my girls : )

MWK

·
Registered
821 Posts
He not only won BOB but then he went on to win Sporting Group 2! America was definitely well-represented! :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He not only won BOB but then he went on to win Sporting Group 2! America was definitely well-represented! :)
Read your post and at first I thought, "Yea!" and then I thought, "Awwww.... so close."

He's a super-fun dog.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trainers I use share their winter training grounds with Mitch White, so I have had the privilege of training with Mitch the last two years when we were in TX for a few days in February.

He REALLY likes Salty and is anxious for him to come back for the rest of his field training. He was suggesting Salty as a stud for one of my girls : )

MWK
Then you must have a very nice girl, too.

I can't say enough about Salty.

(But I'll stop gushing, now.)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I see Donna Reese had a hand in that breeding. Salty reminds me of Donna's Cool dog, Cool is a great looking boy that I think has his MH with the direction of Peggy at Steelshots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts