RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Interesting read.

I think many people (myself included) would do better if they would just shut up. I was given the idea once - take your dog to the line and run the set up (triple and blind) with NO commands other than release.... It was interesting. I recommend everyone try it, just once. Kind of opens your eyes to another aspect of dog handling.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is an interesting idea. I will try it. What was your observation when you did it?

NNK

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
That the dog did fine without the added verbage... lol

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
That's one of those deals where if Lardy et al are out there having a full blown conversation with a dog at the line, others will too, whether it's more effective or not.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
That's one of those deals where if Lardy et al are out there having a full blown conversation with a dog at the line, others will too, whether it's more effective or not.
You ever heard Lyle Steinman at the line at an SRS? Talks more than any handler I’ve ever heard personally

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
No but it's not a surprise. It's a pretty popular handling style, I think.
It is at that but my prospective as a judge is handlers (usually Pros) tend to talk a bunch as it take the spot-light off their dog work ;).

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
.[/QUOTE]It is at that but my prospective as a judge is handlers (usually Pros) tend to talk a bunch as it take the spot-light off their dog work
.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I’ve seen it work very well for some pros.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts