RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cute wabbit has taken up residency in my freshly planted raised box with 60 Italian wax peppers. I have filled the hole four times, at first thinking it was Mr. Gopher. Came home today to this. He/ she took out 4 plants so far making a burrow, and thinks this is a good home.

My wife is not home from work yet---still have options! She will never know.;-)

I have no problem dispatching gophers or ground squirrels--but a baby bunny???

What would you do?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
That cute little bunny represents a couple dozen by this time next year ;-).

Bang.

JS

·
Registered
798 Posts
Oh, I was going to say get rid of it until I saw the itty bitty cutie little smoochie face! I think you better befriend him, hug him, pat him, and call him George! (or what about relocating him somewhere else....)

·
Registered
395 Posts
If he's tampering with your garden and killing plants then he needs to go. This is when cute and fuzzy turns into plain, old pest.

Haven't you ever had fried rabbit? It's good.

But seriously...either relocate the rabbit or take him down humanely.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Catch him and "transplant" to a field.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I would let it go until it grows up and has about a dozen more. One rabbit just isn't enough meat to take the time to cook. But 13 rabbits, now that is worth barbecuing!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I can't talk about it......just too awful. Whatever you do--keep the dogs away from the cute little bunny.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Whack it or loose the peppers.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Plan #1. Plant all the ingredients for a nice rabbit stew in a seperate garden ,then this fall ...well you know the rest .;)

Plan#2. Go all Elmer Fudd on its azz.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If he's tampering with your garden and killing plants then he needs to go. This is when cute and fuzzy turns into plain, old pest.

Haven't you ever had fried rabbit? It's good.

But seriously...either relocate the rabbit or take him down humanely.
Need your help--don't think I have the "guts". This potential fried wabbit is an "hors d'oeuvre" at best.

Just walked out, and very cute bunny has relocated--about six feet.

Now what? Look at those ears;-)

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I can't talk about it......just too awful. Whatever you do--keep the dogs away from the cute little bunny.

It's ok, there are plenty of them.;)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"game" over, wife is home-- and she found a second cute bunny in the box/hutch:rolleyes: Whacking not an option right now.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
She better be careful or that cute litle bunny will bite her finger.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
The reason them bunnies have them long ears is so ya got sumpin to hang onto when ya dunk em in the crock Pot

Gooser

·
Registered
31 Posts
As my favorite line from a North Dakota DNR biologist once said "well thats just a poor nesting decision".
I would save the peppers, dispatch him.

·
Registered
234 Posts
whatever you decided... do not kill it out of hunting season and talk about it on the internet !

;)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Just sayin what I would do - KILL heck see how accurate that new rifle is from 50 yds away or the new shotgun is the recoil on it really much lighter than the others I think you might need to check it with some 3 1/2 in turkey loads this way you wont have to tenderize him before you cook him :)

wait till she is at work and then tell her you noticed a hawk flying around lately - they really like young rabbits ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts