RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I was wondering if anybody uses Diamonds Naturals large breed puppy food?? Looks like a great food at a decent price, just wondering if anybody has any good or bad experiences with it? Thank you in advance I appreciate it

·
Registered
14 Posts
I fed the adult to my two previous dogs. While it seemed to be good after switching to pro plan sensitive stomach for the new puppy i can tell the difference and its worth the price to me.

·
Registered
363 Posts
My older Lab started with Diamond, and it did not go well for him. At the time (years ago), I seem to recall doing research, only to find that Diamond (and Nutro) foods were often recalled for qa/qc issues. I have since fed him, and my younger dog, Pro Plan, and been very happy with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I switched from pro plan to diamond naturals a couple years ago, and I feel like my dogs do better on it. I sent one of them to a pro for about 6 months (they feed pro plan 30/20) recently. After I got her home and switched her back to diamond naturals, I felt like her coat looked a little better. We used the all life stages puppy food for our most recent litter, and they seemed to do well with it - nothing remarkably different from using pro plan in the past though.

I’m not a big dog food guru or anything, but I tried to put a good amount of research into it, and it seems to be a solid product. I do think it’s important to note that Diamond Naturals (introduced sometime after 2000) and the original Diamond dog food are pretty far apart in quality from what I’ve read - the Naturals version being the much better option.

I’d also be interested to hear other takes on this food and others, so maybe someone with a little more in depth knowledge on the differences between and pros and cons of all the different dog foods out there today can chime in. My girls are getting older now, and I want to keep them fit and healthy as long as I can.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I switched from pro plan to diamond naturals a couple years ago, and I feel like my dogs do better on it. I sent one of them to a pro for about 6 months (they feed pro plan 30/20) recently. After I got her home and switched her back to diamond naturals, I felt like her coat looked a little better. We used the all life stages puppy food for our most recent litter, and they seemed to do well with it - nothing remarkably different from using pro plan in the past though.

I’m not a big dog food guru or anything, but I tried to put a good amount of research into it, and it seems to be a solid product. I do think it’s important to note that Diamond Naturals (introduced sometime after 2000) and the original Diamond dog food are pretty far apart in quality from what I’ve read - the Naturals version being the much better option.

I’d also be interested to hear other takes on this food and others, so maybe someone with a little more in depth knowledge on the differences between and pros and cons of all the different dog foods out there today can chime in. My girls are getting older now, and I want to keep them fit and healthy as long as I can.
Thank you, very helpful. The Naturals by Diamond seems to get a lot of good reviews.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts