1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Last time they had a recall, they then denied payment of claims for the hundreds of dogs that died. Reason? because the owners had no proof the dog food was contaminated because they had returned it for a refund. Keep the bag and keep the dog food. Not sure how bad this one is but they will be ruthless if it turns out as bad as the last time.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Diamond is not the only recall..many many other well known companies..many many recalls....
Show me where the FDA wrote this in its findings of those many other well known companies...

" Over 50% of the retention samples of incoming whole corn shipments from Sept. 1, 2005 to Nov. 30, 2005 are missing. "

"Handwritten written results on the Receiving NIR Test Results Report for the time period 1/3/06 to 1/17/06 indicated that:

A. 17 of 21 accepted shipments of wheat flour failed three or more of the five specifications tested by NIR.

B. All five accepted shipments of rice bran failed four out of five specifications tested by NIR.

C. Six of seven accepted shipments of Chicken By-Product Meal (Low Ash) failed all four specifications tested by NIR.

D. There was no documentation of NIR test results for whole corn for 2005."

Are you somehow related to Schell or Kampeter?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Just prior to the recall, I was feeding their extreme athlete, I was talking to a buddy about dog foods. I mentioned how my current bag smelled off, and he mentioned that friends of his, who fed chicken had said the same thing.

I just put down one of my older labs, and I hope it wasn't related.

I just finished that bag off and switched. Our family has been doing the Paleo diet so figured I'd try the dogs that way too.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just recently decided to give Diamond Performance a try. I'm one and done though. Although other brands have had recalls, none has a track record like this one. Pro Plan for me going forward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.