·
Registered
10,363 Posts

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
OK Dr.Ed,
If you could bring only 1 dog back, which would you choose?
Unfair question HonchoCodyPercyRudyKweezyHolland. If it was truly only one dog it would be my JRT Fred, the dog of a lifetime! (looking for picture)

Reactions: saltgrass

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Unfair question HonchoCodyPercyRudyKweezyHolland. If it was truly only one dog it would be my JRT Fred, the dog of a lifetime! (looking for picture)
That’s fair. Truck/house dogs count

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
That’s fair. Truck/house dogs count
I have lived with dogs for 70 unforgettable years, the Labradors the thrill of a lifetime, lots of others big and small, useful and useless, a 3 time Border Collie National Champion but none quite like my Freddie who I delivered by C-section at 2 AM, he never took a breath, Judy keep rubbing and stimulating, I finally said just give up he’s dead but she persisted and miraculously he started breathing, he was an incredible dog, loved to retrieve, never met a ball he didn’t like, he developed a splenic hemangiosarcoma at 11 and lived a few months, my heart is still broken.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I have lived with dogs for 70 unforgettable years, the Labradors the thrill of a lifetime, lots of others big and small, useful and useless, a 3 time Border Collie National Champion but none quite like my Freddie who I delivered by C-section at 2 AM, he never took a breath, Judy keep rubbing and stimulating, I finally said just give up he’s dead but she persisted and miraculously he started breathing, he was an incredible dog, loved to retrieve, never met a ball he didn’t like, he developed a splenic hemangiosarcoma at 11 and lived a few months, my heart is still broken.
Great story Dr.Ed.
My callback would probably be my brother Philip’s Aussie “Dusty”. Smartest I’ve ever been around. He was my brother’s rodeo dog that hung out with Unca Dave.
My sweet girl Tip was right there with him. Tip was a gift from friend Ken Archer. Best gift I’ve ever received❤❤❤
Dog Carnivore Grass Fawn Dog breed

Reactions: Gregg0211

·
Registered
585 Posts
Speaking of old pictures, 1975 throwers committee NAFC Jackson Hole, Wy. Winner River Oaks Corky.

Can you name 5 out of 15 pictured?
Footwear Photograph Motor vehicle Hat Coat

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Speaking of old pictures, 1975 throwers committee NAFC Jackson Hole, Wy. Winner River Oaks Corky.

Can you name 5 out of 15 pictured? View attachment 90607
Gordon Olinger, Jim Swan, Harvey Shue, Ray Bly, Rufus Deskins, Charlie Hays, Tom Sorenson, W D Connor, a couple of unnamed familiar faces

·
Registered
585 Posts
You are a wealth of knowledge, doc. The list I have is back row standing l-r
Gordy Olinger, Ed Young,Dave Mathias, Charlie Hays, Tom Sorenson,Rick Van Bergen, Tom Flynn

2nd row kneeling l-r Jim Swan, Ray Bly,Harvey Shue,Bill Connor,Dale Tietz, Rufus Deskins

1st row l-r Leo Gomolchak,Joe Vampola

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Gordy Olinger, Ed Young,Dave Mathias, Charlie Hays, Tom Sorenson,Rick Van Bergen, Tom Flynn

2nd row kneeling l-r Jim Swan, Ray Bly,Harvey Shue,Bill Connor,Dale Tietz, Rufus Deskins

I thought that was Mathias but I did not know he was around in the mid 70s. I should have recognized Van Bergen but I didn’t get to know him until a decade later, I knew all I identified plus Dave and Rick, I’ve been around too long😉
I have the Performance books for the 60s, 70s, and 80s somewhere and they are filled with those photos with folks identified

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

In those days training days for Sorensen must have always been interesting, Harvey Shue was a character and not far behind Joey Harp who also worked for Tommy before going out on his own.

·
Registered
165 Posts
In those days training days for Sorensen must have always been interesting, Harvey Shue was a character and not far behind Joey Harp who also worked for Tommy before going out on his own.
I spent quite a few nights looking at a leather bound large book filled with news paper clippings and old black and white photos of old Hollywood stars and their dogs. Post war Era. Pointing dogs were the thing for the stars in California.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I spent quite a few nights looking at a leather bound large book filled with news paper clippings and old black and white photos of old Hollywood stars and their dogs. Post war Era. Pointing dogs were the thing for the stars in California.
Rex had some interesting clients including Bing Crosby, Gene Autry, and Willie Mays who attended the celebration in Rex’s honor at the ‘95 National Championship.

Reactions: Gregg0211
41 - 60 of 87 Posts