RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
In those days training days for Sorensen must have always been interesting, Harvey Shue was a character and not far behind Joey Harp who also worked for Tommy before going out on his own.
In those days training days for Sorensen must have always been interesting, Harvey Shue was a character and not far behind Joey Harp who also worked for Tommy before going out on his own.
I can assure you Ed that training with Tommy was always interesting; Additionally the social hour after training was always extremely educational & entertaining :)
Not sure if you're aware of this but Tommy's kennels are still in existence. Still have some big old mean white swans hanging out on his Tech pond that aren't opposed to intimidating a young dog if given the opportunity.😉
One of his daughters still lives on the grounds and his grandson Cody along with Brett one of Tommy's old bird boys & few other folks are still training dogs.
Suffice it to say that training there is not nearly as entertaining or as educational as it was with Tommy.😉

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I can assure you Ed that training with Tommy was always interesting; Additionally the social hour after training was always extremely educational & entertaining :)
Not sure if you're aware of this but Tommy's kennels are still in existence. Still have some big old mean white swans hanging out on his Tech pond that aren't opposed to intimidating a young dog if given the opportunity.😉
One of his daughters still lives on the grounds and his grandson Cody along with Brett one of Tommy's old bird boys & few other folks are still training dogs.
Suffice it to say that training there is not nearly as entertaining or as educational as it was with Tommy.😉
I’m glad to hear the grounds have resisted development. The dog cemetery in his previous place (owned by the Murname family I assume) was particularly interesting including a number of National caliber dogs and at least two National Champions. I hope it is still intact? I wonder if the fox hunters with horses and hounds are still roaming the area? We always saw them when we were in the neighborhood pre National training before the NRC at Busch.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Tommy always treated me good even though I was just starting out. He had some great clients and one that stands out, Pancho, he was a real character. In his day he compared to what Danny has done. I miss Tommy and Harvey.

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Tommy always treated me good even though I was just starting out. He had some great clients and one that stands out, Pancho, he was a real character. In his day he compared to what Danny has done. I miss Tommy and Harvey.
Pancho = Frank Matthews an heir to the McIlhenny Co. (Tobasco Sauce), also Jack White from NO (a terrific judge) and E. Rob Leatherbury from Mobile.

Reactions: Gregg0211

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Jiggy was a Cosmo daughter out of my Dancy, who was a Stepper daughter.
Dancy favored Percy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This history is really cool. Does Wilbur Goode from Rapid city sd ring any bells. Im pretty sure my dad told me about my Grandpa hanging out with some ft guys in the 60's. As a little kid digging in the gun cabinet I saw a bunch of old dog pictures and stuff wish i would have saved it.

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
This history is really cool. Does Wilbur Goode from Rapid city sd ring any bells. Im pretty sure my dad told me about my Grandpa hanging out with some ft guys in the 60's. As a little kid digging in the gun cabinet I saw a bunch of old dog pictures and stuff wish i would have saved it.
Paha Sapa Chief

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
The foundation of many many great dogs pedigrees.
Just think of that.
Rapid City, SD - Prior to jet transport - no freeways -
no cellphones - no AI - Not a bird hunters paradise -

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Amazing! And still showing up! What years was he being bred?
FC-AFC PAHA SAPA CHIEF II
Sire: FC FREEHAVEN MUSCLES CKCReg: 478824
Dam: TREASURE STATE BEWISE ***
Sex/Color:
M BLK
DOB:
6/12/1955 Deceased
KCSBReg:
Breeder: LARRY BURRILL EKCReg:
Owner: WILBUR GOODE

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
One of the all time great breedings
PAHA SAPA CHIEF II X IRONWOOD CHEROKEE CHICA Produced:

FC-AFC CARR-LAB PENROD (BLK-BY)
M
FC CHIEF BLACK FEATHER (BLK)
M
FC-AFC PAHA SAPA WARPAINT (BLK)
M
FC-AFC PAHA'S POW-WOW (BLK)
SPRING FARMS LUCKY *** (BLK-BY)
M
Spring Farms Lucky is One of Judy Aycock’s all time favorite dogs
68NFC-2XNAFC
SUPER CHIEF (BLK-BY)
M

Reactions: Gregg0211

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
SPRING FARMS LUCKY *** (BLK-BY)
M
Spring Farms Lucky is One of Judy Aycock’s all time favorite dogs
From the days of Station Wagons:
I can remember Judith (then) Weikel with a station wagon full of dogs in crates -
that would be 4 - running Puget Sound RC, Belfair, WA - Spring Farms Lucky -
owned by Rex Carr, was 1 of the 4. Late 60's.

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
my home state of Sodak.
I have a personalized license plate - SODAK - great
conversation starter with some genuinely nice people.

Reactions: Kurtr1979
61 - 80 of 87 Posts