RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Did the best dog win the WRC? Would you call the winner the "world Champion"?

• Yes, the best dog won. Yes this is the worl champ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes the best dog won, but no this is not the "world Champ"

• No the best dog did not win, No not the world champ.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. What does everybody think? Did the best dog win? Does this prove the "World Champion"?

I think the best dog won although I might not think the winner is the absolute best dog in the WRC. By that I mean that I think any of the top 5 could have easily taken it all.

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Ready is a really nice dog. I've seen him in several FT's including when he won the Acadiana Amateur this Spring. I wasn't too crazy about the double-scoring in the last series. What was hard to determine watching TV was the difficulty of the last water series #10. Watching TV, it looked like Qualifying water marks, not AA water marks but, then again, I was not there.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it is the old "any given Sunday" thing. Any of the dogs that made it to that level could have taken it, even Abby with Shane handeling, and with someone else running her wow! :lol: Really, any of those dogs could have walked away with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any of the dogs could have won..... But they didn't....

Any Major league Baseball team could win the World Series but they don't.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It is a competition. Any of the dogs that were entered could have won it. Only one did. That would be the World Champion. All else is speculation (AKA "if only.")

Lisa - knows Gopher could be an NFC if only she had the talent...

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well put Lisa.
That said does anyone have an opinion as to who is the best dog out there overall. I mean if you could have any dog, living or dead, who do you think is the best of all time.

Supertanker? Lottie? Harley? Ram???? Not that I am partial to candlewood dogs just the first few that came to mind.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Not to take anything away from Alex, her and her dog did an excellent job but a local dog that trains there would have an advantage all else being equal. I don't think the two week period from allowing a dog to train there is nearly enough, two months sounds fairer. The dog's memories are too good.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I only saw series 9 & 10 in person but in those two series, the best dog was Dusty, IMHO. I know it was 10 series & consistency is very important, very tough to accomplish. And Ready was good for sure & best in ten overall, i.e., the world champ.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someone pointed out in another post that there is not always an advantage to running on your training grounds. The jusdges could set up something that totally conflicts with the training you have done in the same place. The example used was pattern blind, but I doubt Ready runs a lot of those these days. You could have to run a water test across and area that your dog remembers as a "hot spot" though. Or past a point that you have trained the dog to hit in most of the blind you run there.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I notice that 10 people so far have said no the best dog didn't win and no Ready is not the World Champ. I don not, however, see any of those posting who they think is the best.
Shane???????

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I know which dog would have won if her handler wasn't a total dumbass!!!

Any of the dogs that didn't blow up for 9 series could have won it. Ready made the least mistakes. He was the best dog that week, that was running that event.

The BEST (most talented) dog in the world is probably 20lbs overweight and sleeping on someone's couch.

Shayne

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Badbullgator said:
Someone pointed out in another post that there is not always an advantage to running on your training grounds. The jusdges could set up something that totally conflicts with the training you have done in the same place. The example used was pattern blind, but I doubt Ready runs a lot of those these days. You could have to run a water test across and area that your dog remembers as a "hot spot" though. Or past a point that you have trained the dog to hit in most of the blind you run there.
Maybe if you trained somewhere a few times, that could happen. But training on the same grounds everyday, i think dogs learn very quickly that each day is a new day.

Shayne

·
Registered
632 Posts
Percy

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
The best dog did not win, BUT......

Ready is World Champion because he won, and is entitled to the title because he won.

Congratulations to World Champ Ready!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The best dog of the last round won....

That double scoring had to be for the spectators..keep it all unknown until the last round. Still, like has been said, the dog that won is the World Champion(FT dog :wink: )!
Congrats!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Losthwy said:
I don't think the two week period from allowing a dog to train there is nearly enough, two months sounds fairer.
How do you think this would address our overall problem throughout the country with lack of grounds?

How many weekend licensed field trials are run on someone's training grounds?

How many Nationals are run on grounds that someone or a number of people train on?

The answer is -- Plenty. The most recent National Open being the most recent example...

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Best dog

Hi....The game was on until the last bird of the ten series was delivered.One dog had to win.He did.Eighty teams were going for that title,and I betcha every one would give Alex the props for winning.The ones that dont want to probably werent there.Many people around here train full time in the spillway,and can go out of the trial at any given time.Alex didnt have a clue what or where the judges were going to set a series,and was just as nervous as we were.Congrats to all....see yall next year.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts