RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current issue of Retriever News has an excellent article by Dennis Voigt. This article first appeared in Retrievers Online in 2008. This is an excellent article dealing with how your training behavior should differ from when you and your dog are under judgment. I am glad that I finally got to read this. Someone had recommended a while ago that I do read it.

This is a good article for all to read.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Seconded. I really enjoyed the article as this is something I've been working on with my handling the last couple of years.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Can you view this online or due you need to be a subscriber to the magazine? I've never subscribed because it seems like someone is always looking for their magazine and it doesn't seem the delivery is very timely. (But it seems once you get your magazine it is worth the wait.)

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Can you view this online or due you need to be a subscriber to the magazine? I've never subscribed because it seems like someone is always looking for their magazine and it doesn't seem the delivery is very timely. (But it seems once you get your magazine it is worth the wait.)
1. It's coming from Canada.
2. It's well worth whatever wait there might be.
3. If I had to pick one periodical to get, this would be it.

Edit: I am talking about Retrievers OnLine, not Retriever News.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I've only been a subscriber for just under a year but, so far, haven't had any of the missing or delayed receipts issues some have mentioned.

·
Registered
968 Posts
It seems some are confused about where this article is. The article being referred to is in the June issue of Retriever News. While RN is a printed magazine, subscribers can also view it online with a password obtained with their subscription. To subscribe go to www.theretrievernews.com.

The article is basically a 2008 reprint from another magazine, Retrievers ONLINE. That magazine is mailed only and does come from Canada. However, it is mailed in the US and the variation in delivery is a USPS thing not a mail from Canada deal. The magazine was originally 6 issues a year and mailed every two months apart. Because it was mailed at the end of a period, for example, Jan-Feb. mailed at end of Feb., everybody thought it was always late but the intervals were always two months. Now it is a quarterly magazine and it arrives at the end of the quarter or before. For example, the April-May-June issue has been received a majority. To subscribe go to www.retrieversonline.com

·
Registered
39 Posts
I remember reading the article back in 2008 but it is more meaningful to me now years later! I've never had a problem with late deliveries and am always delighted to open the mailbox and find a new issue!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts