RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
As long as its dark blood ( old blood) it is normal, in moderate amounts, if it starts getting red or fresh looking maybe have a vet take a look.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
When my avatar had her last litter you could still see some dark discharge two weeks later in her urine. I knew 'cause it was winter and she was peeing on snow.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yes.

My girls usually have discharge for at least 2 to 3 weeks after a whelping... it progressively gets darker and the amount lessens. Even a month is not unheard of.

As long as it doesn't stink, usually everything is O.K.

I continue to take bitches temp for at least a week after whelping also in case things start to go south.

If you are in doubt about anything, PLEASE give your vet a call. That's what we pay the big bucks for. ;-)

OH! Black dog owners might not see the discharge but since Howard mentioned the snow....my girls have cream colored feathers and a full tail (think fluffy dogs :cool:) so we see this all the time.

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
Yes, it's normal, and like Linda said it can even happen at a mont. As long as it doesn't smell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.