RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I could care less who is judging. I don't even look.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does a dog's lips move when he reads? I wouldn't give a rat's ass in a snow storm as long as they were fair.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Yes, I pick trials because of judges.

I want to see tough, ball buster tests, where the dogs and handlers are really challenged, and the separation between the dogs is obvious.

I don't like tests where all of the dogs look similar, and the separation between the dogs is unclear.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Couple guys in our club refuse to run under a few judges from past set ups. One is actually a riot of a test to listen to!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yes, I pick trials because of judges.

I want to see tough, ball buster tests, where the dogs and handlers are really challenged, and the separation between the dogs is obvious.

I don't like tests where all of the dogs look similar, and the separation between the dogs is unclear.

Testify! :lol:

·
Registered
592 Posts
You Are A Pot Stirrer With To Much Time On Your Hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Does a dog's lips move when he reads? I wouldn't give a rat's ass in a snow storm as long as they were fair.[/QUOTE)

Does that mean you wouldn't run under a judge you believed wasn't fair?

John
Depends. There are a lot of factors that go into that statement besides the fairness of the judge.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How is this stirring the pot? I have been deciding which trial I am entering since there are two fairly local the same weekend, several people have said well who are the judges? I said not real sure and they said let that decide. So I started wondering if anyone ever did that. You have the option to not open any of my post now don't you?

·
Registered
172 Posts
How is this stirring the pot? I have been deciding which trial I am entering since there are two fairly local the same weekend, several people have said well who are the judges? I said not real sure and they said let that decide. So I started wondering if anyone ever did that. You have the option to not open any of my post now don't you?
:D if you don't like it then don't read it, eh?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just saying what other people are thinkin!!!!!! Look at your last couple of posts started! Slow learner regards!!!!

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
those FT'ers that have the luxury of deciding to run or not run, will actually look for the better judges on grounds that bring out the best in the dog and the competition....

there are also horses for courses, and FT'ers will look to run on grounds where they have had previous success

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just saying what other people are thinkin!!!!!! Look at your last couple of posts started! Slow learner regards!!!!
Umm no, I was told to base my decision on who the judges are. Therefore the question came into my mind to ask this question if people use that information when deciding on a test or trial. As from what's been posting I see people actually do look at the judges and decide whether or not to run under them.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Umm no, I was told to base my decision on who the judges are. Therefore the question came into my mind to ask this question if people use that information when deciding on a test or trial. As from what's been posting I see people actually do look at the judges and decide whether or not to run under them.
If thats what you believe, DO IT, DONT POST IT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have no problem with a test being difficult. I do however see a problem with judges that do not know how to set up a test properly, Or do not know when a no bird should be called, make up there own rules etc. etc. So I guess the answer is yes but the judge has to be pretty bad for me to stay home. but they do exist.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If thats what you believe, DO IT, DONT POST IT!!!!!!!!
And u are who again to tell me what I should or shouldn't do? Maybe it me being slow again but this is a message board and I asked a question that I was curious as to what others thought. You know kinda what people do on this forum, ask question, people reply or don't because they have that option not to reply. You know, kinda like u.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You k ow kinda like when u want to know why people or clubs were jumping Fromm EE to retrievers online. You were curious so u posted a question and got answers.

·
Registered
244 Posts
what about judges that set up tests that everyone knows that the judge's own dog couldnt perform or even train their dog to do?

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
what about judges that set up tests that everyone knows that the judge's own dog couldnt perform or even train their dog to do?
If the test is sound, the judges are fair and knowledgeable, who cares if the judges dogs could do the test or not?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts