RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Who wins

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a follow up to the thread i started earlier. http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14958

Basically:

You have a double. A 75 yard go bird, a 300 yard memory bird. Clearly the go-bird is the easier mark and the memory bird the tougher mark.

Dog A runs. Hunts the go-bird, smacks the memory bird.
Dog B runs. Smacks the go-bird, hunts the memory bird.

I don't care if you call it a 15 second hunt, tight hunt, or whatever. The dogs stayed in the area and both hunts were identical.

Based on these marks alone. Which dog is your winner. There is no next series. There are no ties.

Shayne

·
Registered
868 Posts
Shayne Mehringer said:
What does the 50/50 split thus far tell you?

Shayne

Half the dogs win one weekend the other half the next.

We live in a subjective world.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Doesn't how each dog performed in the previous series come into play in a field trial?
M

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Miriam Wade said:
Doesn't how each dog performed in the previous series come into play in a field trial?
M
They were 100% equal in the prior series. BASED ON THESE TWO MARKS ONLY... who is your winner?

Shayne

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Neither

Shyane, I ain't gonna vote on your poll cause I can't find the definition for......

"money bird".

Is this in the rule book?

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Dog C, since she marked both birds well and had an excellant water blind!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Neither

Ken Guthrie said:
Shyane, I ain't gonna vote on your poll cause I can't find the definition for......

"money bird".

Is this in the rule book?
My poll does not mention "money bird".

The only way you would vote is if one of them handled on a mark, he'd be your clear winner. :lol: :lol:

Shayne

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
What does the 50/50 split thus far tell you?
A) That deciding 3rd and 4th in the Derby sucks.

B) If you pick one person from each list to judge your next minor stakes, you will have an entertaining trial!

Lisa

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dog B Wins.
Dog B does it the way it should be done- Smacks the easy one ; quick hunt on the memory bird.

Dog A has a quick hunt where he should not have (not that a quick hunt is a bad thing).
Even though Dog B nails the memory bird he cannot makeup what he lost on the 1st bird

If I have to choose - that's it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
One last question. Did either of the dogs pick the birds up out of order? I don't like it when a dog/handler picks my birds up out of order when I'm judging. Course that could be another thread!

I'm judging. A wins. All Bs are wrong. What good is power if you don't use it.

WAH - Tried to post 30 minutes ago and had some bad "carma" or server problems!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
To Quote LVL, "It depends" - which one is yellow? :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Shayne Mehringer said:
This is a derby. Dog C handled in the 2nd. Guthrie has him winning the whole thing.

Shayne
Was that handle on the retired gun? Was the dog handled to the bird or handled at the bird? Need more info to make a decision!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I had some trouble, too. Couldn't post, and couldn't access the site. Tossed my cookies and entered through Retrievertraining.net's main site-no problem. We'll see if I can get back on through my shortcut.

Lisa

·
Registered
185 Posts
According to the regulations dog B wins. I might be impressed with dog A for nailing the hard bird, but it would probably not make up for the ding in marking ability due to the hunt on what should have been an easy bird. That being said, there is always the possibility of extenuating circumstances.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts