RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any dog beds you know about that you really like that offer good support, and are easy to keep clean? The choices in the Foster and Smith catalogue are daunting.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I like the Orvis beds...the covers are tough, the filling resilient, and although they're a little more expensive they seem to hold up really well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you have a gf or wife maybe she knows how to sew?
If you create a bed by choosing materials that are strong and easy to clean you can make a excellent bed.
My dogs bed is our bed or dog house.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kuranda, poly-fill, beads, or cedar what is the best for the joints? The Orvis site does not recommend cedar for dogs that hunt, cedar can interfere with a dog's ability to scent. I never have heard that before. This bed is for a dog that spends it's off hours indoors.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I have several of those similar to the Kurandas ..... pvc frame and a vinyl mesh fabric.
Dogs love 'em. Say they taste like chicken. :evil:

JS

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Sorry, JS, but I had to laugh. I used to have a Chessie male that could destruct anything in 5 minutes or less. :lol:

Carrie

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Kuranda beds are awesome. I keep one in each kennel run for all of my client dogs. The only thing I have replaced have been the legs where some dogs flipped the bed over and chewed the legs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kuranda beds are awesome! I have a young lab who loves to chew, so I ordered mine in all aluminum. The fabric is tucked inside the frame, rather than wrapped around it, so not as tempting to chew. Very easy to clean, just take a waterhose to it. Had mine about 3 months now and its working great. I bought an XX large, so both the big dogs lay on it too.

Only plastic part was the covers on the corners, which she did manage to chew on those, but the screws are still there! LOL

·
Registered
238 Posts
I get the cheap beds at Costco and buy more fiber filling at the craft store to plump them up. The Orvis beds are really nice but those darned little styrene beads are a pain in the posterier if the bed is chewed or the zipper breaks. I have a few Foster and Smith beds too. The covers are durable and when the Costco bed covers wear out; I measure and get the closest Foster and Smith cover. It's cheaper that way. My dogs all like to scratch the bed into a big puffy pile then snuggle into it.

Of course a big pile of dirty laundry that smells like their favorite people works just as well for them :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts