RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I have a stupid question. Is there anything you can put on Aluminum to stop Staining dogs? Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
94 Posts
You need to line the box with something to keep the dogs hair from touching the aluminum. The box I have now has a plastic coated cardboard type material much like the stuff real estate for sale signs are made from. You could probably find it a a sign shop. Another box I have has a contact paper type plastic lining in it. The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You MDbaydog

I will have to try it. It also sounds like a good insulation. I would have done it stainless but I'm building it myself. I'm excited on how it is turning out. Thanks a ton

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you know if your box is regular aluminum or anodized aluminum? I'm looking into buying a box, and I have the option of anodized aluminum, but I'm not completely convinced that anodized will prevent my yellow dog from getting stained. The other option is stainless. Sorry for sort of hijacking.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If you are bulding it yourself try to get a cost on Anadizing the panels. It will keep the dogs from turning black. Another option is to have the aluminum Chem filmed and then a powder coating put on it. I am not as familar with that process though.

Also you could clear coat the alum at your local body shop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Watch that spray on or roll on bed liner. Neighbor ended up in hospital with severe problems with his lungs. Almost killed him. He was using it outside. USE A MASK & A GOOD ONE.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool Thanks guys, I now have tons of Ideas. My box is just Regular Aluminum.

It it going to look like a tool box but be 2 box's below it. It will sit a little higher than a standard tool box. i want it 26-30" High. I think and hope it turns out. I will post pictures when I'm done.

·
Registered
932 Posts
sportsman said:
Do you know if your box is regular aluminum or anodized aluminum? I'm looking into buying a box, and I have the option of anodized aluminum, but I'm not completely convinced that anodized will prevent my yellow dog from getting stained. The other option is stainless. Sorry for sort of hijacking.
Chris, I have two anodized aluminum crates I bought from East Coast Crates about 20 years ago. The dawgs have never been stained in anyway from being in them.
I still use the crates during hunting season or when I'm only taking 2 dawgs to a trial versus pulling the trailer.

They're a little more expensive now then when I purchased them, but take a look....................www.eastcoastcrates.com

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Depending on what you are doing with it they make some pre finished alum. in .032-.080 thick in 3003 alloy in white or colors. Used in the sign business and holds up great

Dont forget venting and insulation

1 - 16 of 16 Posts