RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What type of interior/exterior to you prefer on a trailer/box?

• stainless int/stainless ext.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stainless int/aluminum ext.

• aluminum ext/aluminum int

• white baked-on aluminum ext/int

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a type of aluminum that does not turn yellow dogs grey?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a dealer tell me that the boxes with the aluminum ext actually keeps the dogs cooler, what are yalls thoughts on this?

·
Registered
932 Posts
gundogman said:
Do they make a type of aluminum that does not turn yellow dogs grey?
Anodized aluminum will not rub off on the dawgs..............it's a protective coating that is done by electrolytic means..................I have two..........couldn't be happier.................. :wink:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have a Crow Rivers Box that has anonadized aluminum on the inside and it turns my yellow dog silver. Maybe I got ripped off!!! My box is only 9 months old too. I like it otherwise but I am looking for a 2-3 hole with stainless on the inside. I would also be happy to find a single stainless box.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Aluminum is lighter but conducts temperature faster than stainless. I like SS in and out.

Angie

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
SS got my vote inside and out. Try putting an ice cube on an aluminum pan and watch it melt. Put another ice cube on a SS pan. Time them, you will see as Angie pointed out that aluminum conducts heat quciker, that is why most cooking sheets are aluminum. 8)
Anodize depending on what type was used will keep dogs from turning grey, precision anodize isn't as thick as anodize that is built up, so it doesn't penetrate the material as much.
If it wasn't so expensive powder coat might be a better choice for aluminum boxes.

Margo

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a welded plastic 2 hole box with full wire mesh doors and 12"x36" wire mesh side running at the top of the side walls for the length of the box (essentially the top 1/2 of the side). The rear wall has 2 rows of holes drilled accross the top. Itwww.frontiernet.net/~kennel/index.html has a removal insert seperating the boxes that also has 4 rows of holes drilled. The holes do not affect the structural integrity of the box nor have they posed a problem with the dogs attempting to chew. The box is light enough that I can get it in and out of the pickup by myself (it's a creative strugle); it has 2 handles on each side, at the base, for easy in and out for 2 people. It has excellent ventilation. I believe it is cooler than my stainless box was, it's white in color. Easy clean up and hasn't stained, faded, or discolored. The box is not exposed to weather as I have a topper. I've been very happy with it and have discovered only 1 flaw. I need to make an insert to place over the mesh doors for the fall hunts though with a little bedding the dogs stay comfortable but an insert would improve their level of comort. The box is 36" x 50" x 25" (LxWxH).
Lyle
www.frontiernet.net/~kennel/index.html

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have an option for vinyl covers to cover the doors and the vent holes in cooler weather on our dog boxes. Also on some special orders we have installed louvered vents in the doors as shown on the pictures of our trailers.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~kennel/index.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts