RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My dog needs a new dog collar because the one he has is about worn out. What collar do you use? I want one that does not absorb moisture and odor. I want it to have a name plate on it too. Which one do you use? I was told that this collar is a good one. Anyone else use it?

http://www.gundogsupply.com/durhuncol1.html

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
My dogs don't wear collars unless we are training.
A tip on the name plate: don't put the dogs name on it just your name address and phone number. If someone finds your dog and wants to keep it you don't want to make it easier by giving them his name.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Coated nylon with nameplates from Cabelas. Good price. You can get blaze orange or camo I think in the coated nylon. Another tip I've heard is put "needs daily medication" or something like that so if someone finds the dog they're more likely to bring 'em back.

Kourtney

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got my dog a regular nylon collar in camo, with name plate. I put "REWARD IF FOUND" and my address and cell phone #. No name. I got it from GunDogSupply.com. They sell coated nylon collars that help with the moisture, and the name plate is free with collar purchase.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Speaking of flat collars, I have never quite understood what the metal ring in the middle of the leather was suppose to do. Does it make it so the dog can slip out of the collar easier?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts