RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always heard that when choosing a dog food you want the "big 3" that is to say DHA, glucosamine, and chondroitin sulfate. Well am i missing something or are they leaving it off on all the other brands or is Eukanuba and Nutro Natural Choice the only brands that have all 3?

i've looked at blue buffalo (which has more DHA but no Gluc. or chond.), pro plan (none of any of the 3), bil-jac (has Gluc. and chond. but not DHA), Science Diet (only DHA), Royal Canin (gluc. and chond. but no DHA), and many more

note: i am limiting the search to Petco because thats the only store that sells any of the quality brands in my area and even some of those (eukanuba) i would have to order online because theres not a dealer within 250 miles unless Eukanubas website is wrong in which case i'm all ears as to wear one is.

another side note: i am looking at large breed puppy foods not just regular puppy food

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
They are not allowed to put much glucosamine in dog foods so I would not pick a food based on the glucosamine content or lack of.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree with Nancy....it is easy enough to supplement a good dog food with any of these ingredients and at a higher level than the dog food contains.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts