RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the thoughts with dogs in 8' deep catfish ponds retrieving ducks? I have got access to hunt some ponds and my thoughts were that it would not be a problem but what do I no that's why I'm asking !

And off the dog but any tips on hunting catfish ponds , more or less deks. Calling or setting up where u have seen then the day before . I'm in the process of buying Hay Bale Blind to use so should be good there it's just not the same as the woodie hole on the river. Any comments will be greatly used!!

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Take plenty of corn meal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not going to be that bad surly , but I am use to killing a few limits of woodies and being back home before my little boy noes I left .

·
Registered
89 Posts
My lease has 6- 10acre catfish ponds and it's fun hunting. The more deks the better and you really will find out how good a duck caller you are because you can see a long ways and you can watch the birds flare when your setup is not right or you hit a sour note. Our place is a roost so you have to be careful not to over hunt it. Also let the birds get up on there own and only shoot into the small groups of birds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts