RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I bought a real nice one a few yrs ago. I used it a few times and decided it was more trouble than it was worth. I just put my hand on the back of their head and they come right in and I sit them on the bow. I also have pods on my boat now so this summer I'll teach them to board from the back.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have one that I think beavertail is now selling. when I bought mine it was under a different name. I made some minor mods to it but I think the overall design is ok. you can search Beavertail boats and it should be on their web site.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
A 1' x 3' board with a 2x2 attached at one end to catch the boat and a piece of foam attached under the other end as a float and a couple small scraps of wood for traction.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Check Mack's, cabelas or bass pro. They all carry hang on style dog ladders. Wouldn't be hard to make one up out of wood either...

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I run a Phowler Boat with T-Channel Gunnels and had them fabricate a dog ladder. It fits in the channels and matches the boat structure. It cost a bit more, but the design is lifetime flawless. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Check Mack's, cabelas or bass pro. They all carry hang on style dog ladders. Wouldn't be hard to make one up out of wood either...
I picked up a Cabelas ladder on sale a while back for my tracker grizzly, it didnt really fit well on the gunnels. The nice thing is Cabelas is always good about returning stuff... I ended up paying a bit more and getting one made that would fit perfect and could also be secured to the t-track. Its amazing how much they flex with a wet 80lb lab climbing up them...:)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've got the cabelas ladder for boat too. I modified the hooks to better fit my lund. I also added a support along the main ladder board to hit the outside of the boat. It works well, but is very heavy and clunky.

I think I am going to punt and have a nice light aluminum one custom built, maybe with some floatation in the bottom. too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts