RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Are you interested in having a Dog Of The Week?

• Yes, I want to find out more about the top dogs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we hear enough about them now.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be willing to post a Dog Of The Week each Sunday so that everyone can comment on their strengths and weakness as both a competitor and a sire/dam if there is enough interest. I would expect to read things about their competition record, who trained them, trainability, strong points and weaknesses, siblings, who they crossed well with and their top progeny and their records and trainability.

·
Registered
166 Posts
for what its worth from a totally new lab person I would love to find out more about the top dogs that are out there right now. So far I know every little so any little bit of info would be great so when I buy my next pup I know alittle bit about the dogs out there.

Scott

·
Registered
844 Posts
I nominate Striker (Cropper's Hit & Run), Newt's young dog who won the Derby and Q at Del Bay.

He ran his first poison bird blind today, and had two whistles on the probably 375 yard water blind.

He will turn 2 in six days.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Chessie - Baze run and trained by kurt Bertram Dual Champion master hunter. Doesn't get any better than that. Chessie ! Chessie!

Ken Bora where are you I need your vote??

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Mispelled It's Blaze!! Sorry

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Angie, there seems to be a lot of "well known" dogs that people hear about all the time. On the other hand, there aren't many people that know much about them. It won't be a popularity contest. It will be dogs that have enough progeny on the ground and in competition so someone can make a fair assessment of them. For example, you frequently see FC-AFC Gunstock's Butch From Winifox in pedigrees, but I have only seen one picture of him and very little information. On the distaff side, there are lesser known females like Beavercreast Stukagain Blue that have exerted some influence on the Lab breed, but not much is generally known about them. Maybe we could start of with Honcho and get the rest of the story from Ed....or maybe not. :twisted:

Angie B said:
Ken,

How are you going to decided what group of dogs to pick from and how to pick "the" dog.

Angie

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Might want them to have done something in more than one venue.
Like HT and FT or Cdn.FT and US FT, HRC and AKC, or Field and OB or Agility etc..
That way we will not be hearing about the same old same old :wink:

john

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
What about Blaze!! Chessie! Chessie!

·
Registered
14 Posts
it'd be real nice to learn more about dogs that aren't well known in one's particular region. i just asked some real experienced trainers this morning about the winner of the national am, but nobody knows about her...we're in the NW.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Ken, did you ever even start this project? :lol:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Dog of the week

I already own the dog of this week. I have a unregisterable yellow male that has been through some hard times before I got him. We have worked really hard to prepare Me for training another dog. Yesterday we set up a delayed triple in rolling hills and a double blind. He front footed all the marks and lined the short blind and one whistled the long blind. He might not ever do that again, but I sure was proud of him.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I remember correctly (thats a major accomplishment these days) it lasted about 3 weeks. :( I was looking for others to add their comments on these great dogs, but after a day or two the thread was on page two and forgotten about. Just didn't seem worth the effort.

achiro said:
Ken, did you ever even start this project? :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts